• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

I'm REALLY loving the Mafex line of action figures.  The level of detail in sculpt and accessories is the pinnacle of 1:12 scale figures.  Their craftsmanship doesn't rise to the level Hot Toys has achieved in the 1:6 scale, but Medicom definitely is currently sitting on the 1:12 throne.  Been picking up their Nolan Dark Knight figures recently via Amazon Japan, and they're all just spectacular.

ACtC-3e2DxrOdFlhpAWHGsm4hnP63Sgi-zANcUDh

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I want that Scarlett and will be selling off the others when that is released... If I gotta get it on eBay then so be it.  This is 3.75"  

G.I.-Joe-Retro-Line-Wave-2-Scarlett-001.jpg

One of the few 25th anniversary Joes I own is Scarlett.  This one looks better.  I'm not sure I like the card art on this new one though.  They recolored the 25th, and it looks much more... uh, professional.

13 minutes ago, Yorick said:

One of the few 25th anniversary Joes I own is Scarlett.  This one looks better.  I'm not sure I like the card art on this new one though.  They recolored the 25th, and it looks much more... uh, professional.

The body is spot on especially the legs.   I am trying to make out if they are using a short hair version or pony tail version.  Personally for this figure, I would like to see a short hair version.   The face though is a slight cartoony but I would prefer that over something like they did with the 25th.  I actually have a Resolute Scarlett so maybe a head swap would work.   I am liking this though as well as Roadblock.   My only issue with Roadblock is that I always looked at the original as wearing a sleeveless t shirt.  Maybe they gave him a painted t-shirt underneath because I don't know if I would want him walking around in body armor 24/7.  I like the updated head sculpt though more than the 6" version.

Overall I hope this is final production.

Destro... I think that is a reissue.

Had a really rough stretch, very overwhelmed with kids return to school planning. Was unpopular for days with my oldest for making the call to do remote learning. Things got better and then I got a call that hit me hard. One of my oldest friends passed unexpectedly. I've been in a fog ever since. Then I see a tag from a FB friend and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what was being listed. It's taken a lot of back and forth over the last 18 hours or so but I believe I just sealed the deal. This is something I never even knew existed, furthers my Voltron run, and was the first thing this week that I was able to concentrate on with all that's happened. I'll return to share pics when I have it in hand. Stay safe everyone!

19 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I bit the bullet and bought a membership. I probably should look at stuff other than Joes to make it worth the while.

Seriously?  

I signed up when it was free when it started and they extended it.  I am still on the fence for whether or not I will pay for a membership.  It honestly depends on whether I actually have access to purchasing the exclusives.  If I am shut out like I would anywhere else I figure that is money that need not be spent. 

I believe the best way that they could make a membership 'valuable' is to always give premium pulse members an advance window to purchase on every product. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Seriously?  

I signed up when it was free when it started and they extended it.  I am still on the fence for whether or not I will pay for a membership.  It honestly depends on whether I actually have access to purchasing the exclusives.  If I am shut out like I would anywhere else I figure that is money that need not be spent. 

I believe the best way that they could make a membership 'valuable' is to always give premium pulse members an advance window to purchase on every product. 

I must have missed out when it was free. This last year seemed to be a bust for paid memberships. Hopefully we do get those advance windows to purchase now.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am still on the fence for whether or not I will pay for a membership.  It honestly depends on whether I actually have access to purchasing the exclusives.  If I am shut out like I would anywhere else I figure that is money that need not be spent. 

They're announcing some kind of new membership incentives during the Hasbro con.  Nobody knows what to expect from them.  (shrug)

54 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

They're announcing some kind of new membership incentives during the Hasbro con.  Nobody knows what to expect from them.  (shrug)

I did not know it came to fruition but I remember taking part of that survey they emailed a couple of months ago asking us to evaluate the membership program.   

Wait,

Do you mean?

Do you mean that they might have... listened?

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Round 5 - 

Uncanny X-men Alert Adventure Game by Pressman

Heard it's somewhat popular. 

Could not believe it was sealed.  Cost a whopping $10.  May have been my favorite thing to bring home from the group.

Has extra fondness to me.  My brother was given it in 1992 for his birthday.  Can't express how jealous I was as a monster X-men fan.  Never will forget when he opened it and there was a friggin Silver X-men 11!!!!!  Obviously had no idea about the 4 different issue potentials at that time.  

I'm noticing a lot of people paint the figures.  That's pretty sweet and would make playing the game a bit more fun.

I'm aching to open this, but I just can't do it. 

Patrick

20200913_152707.jpg

On top of that... that's most likely the original shrink wrap as you can tell with the punch hole in it.

True fact time... working in retail in the 90's during college, I learned that MANY stores had a shrink wrap machine in the back to make returned product 'new' again.   If it was determined that a product need only be shrinkwrapped to make it new again, off to the shrink wrap machine with a hair dryer and your product you went.

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

On top of that... that's most likely the original shrink wrap as you can tell with the punch hole in it.

True fact time... working in retail in the 90's during college, I learned that MANY stores had a shrink wrap machine in the back to make returned product 'new' again.   If it was determined that a product need only be shrinkwrapped to make it new again, off to the shrink wrap machine with a hair dryer and your product you went.

Very interesting.  What does the punch hole imply?  

A commercial shrink wrapper? 

These weird things always interest me. 

Patrick

2 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Very interesting.  What does the punch hole imply?  

A commercial shrink wrapper? 

These weird things always interest me. 

Patrick

Yeah, because that would have been automatically done by a machine in the factory so the package could 'breathe" (I guess) and when the temperature changes in transit it would not inflate and deflate... rather than one without it that would indicate it was shrinkwrapped by a college kid in the back with a hair dryer and a basic shrinkwrap machine lol. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Before anyone asks... what was shrinkwrapped by me? 

I was actually kind of skilled at it in a way that made it look like the seal was never broken.

VHS cassettes, board games, hard product, basically if it came into the store with shrink wrap... we would sometimes shrink wrap it if it was damaged. as to not have to 'damage it out and destroy it.' 

They were $14.99 to $29.99 each in some cases and the shrink wrap would get damaged as they were on the shelf.  So, we would just shrink wrap it.   

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, because that would have been automatically done by a machine in the factory so the package could 'breathe" (I guess) and when the temperature changes in transit it would not inflate and deflate... rather than one without it that would indicate it was shrinkwrapped by a college kid in the back with a hair dryer and a basic shrinkwrap machine lol. 

Awesome!

Just found this: 

"Pinwheel Perforator - A wheel-shaped object with sharp points often placed close to the film rack to insert small holes into shrink film. The small holes allow air to escape the sealed package when the heat is applied."

Patrick