• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

$130 a piece is an amazing price. First, that enormous MASK stash and now this...

So is the Razor Crest going to be completely unpainted as it appears in the digital promo pics?

My favorite reveal yesterday was the Stilt-Man build-a-figure that you can keep adding leg extensions to indefinitely by buying Hand ninjas.  Check out this pic of the 5+ foot one Dwight showed off during the Legends presentation:

Ei1rcGKXYAUq5iH?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

So is the Razor Crest going to be completely unpainted as it appears in the digital promo pics?

My favorite reveal yesterday was the Stilt-Man build-a-figure that you can keep adding leg extensions to indefinitely by buying Hand ninjas.  Check out this pic of the 5+ foot one Dwight showed off during the Legends presentation:

Ei1rcGKXYAUq5iH?format=jpg&name=large

Needs a Daredevil figure swinging in to beat his .

20 hours ago, srezvan said:

Yard sales are starting to pop up and I'm starting to find deals on the local apps again. A few fun board games to share with the kids and the last Start Wars Expanded Universe figures I need to complete my set.

20200907_131747.jpg

This was such a fun game.  My brother and I overloaded our weapons by double-banding them and the plastic broke apart.  We ended up building our own crossbows so that we could hit the castles harder!

I dig that ATAT over there on the sidelines...

7 minutes ago, Yorick said:

This was such a fun game.  My brother and I overloaded our weapons by double-banding them and the plastic broke apart.  We ended up building our own crossbows so that we could hit the castles harder!

Thanks. The AT-AT is a popcorn holder from Disney World that I converted into a pencil holder.

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

Aw man, I wanted that game so much as a kid!

On 9/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, fantastic_four said:

No that is just the digital rendering.  It will be fully painted.  As of now I am out on this.    The Sail Barge was iconic.  I don't know if I want something for $350 that could be obsolete by Season 3 if he gets a new ship.   I was personally hoping for a Ghost vehicle. We shall see though.  The first unlock was something I honestly expected was somehow incorporated into the design, the escape pod.  Lego already built one in...   This thing hit 7,250+ over one weekend.  I don't think it will struggle to hit that next tier of 8,000 to unlock the pod.  As of now though, this is something that I will be able to live without I believe. 

Hand Ninja... there is chatter on the Joe facebook groups that the  Hand Ninja is a better Red Ninja than the one that GI Joe has offered.  You will be competing with GI Joe collectors for this.   The "Hand" ninja does look closer to what the GI Joe version traditionally looks like. 

redninjacomic1.jpg

093f872ea4e6ab979ff0269a2ee60584.jpg

71wRLLCy4XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 7.33.06 AM.png

13 hours ago, MisterX said:

So, is the Razor Crest going to be a limited piece, or will it eventually come to retail? Or just the Mandalorian figure in the cockpit is coming to retail?

Crowdfunded piece only.   It will not be coming to retail unless something like a local toyshop buys a couple of them to sell there.  When the barge was first released there was speculation that Amazon might order a 100 or so.  That never happened.   To this day the barge, which has been the only released haslab project has come to retail.  Unicron should be shipping within the next year so that may change.  However, the barge has not seen retail space or the inside of an Amazon warehouse as of this writing.

Now the figure will be released but in a hard goods cape.  The soft goods cape variant is exclusive to this vehicle so the figure may sit down in the cockpit.   

19 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Hand Ninja... there is chatter on the Joe facebook groups that the  Hand Ninja is a better Red Ninja than the one that GI Joe has offered.  You will be competing with GI Joe collectors for this.   The "Hand" ninja does look closer to what the GI Joe version traditionally looks like. 

GI Joe articulation is better than Legends, so for the most part there's no way the Legends one is better.  The sculpt detailing and accessories look far better on the Joe figure as well.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

GI Joe articulation is better than Legends, so for the most part there's no way the Legends one is better.  The sculpt detailing and accessories look far better on the Joe figure as well.

But it doesn't look like the GI Joe Red Ninja in the way the hand one does.  Red Ninjas did not wear masks or have waist sashes let alone armor.  They looked like a red version of Storm Shadow without the hood.  Take the hood off the hand ninja and that was what you have.  So, better articulation and sculpt detailing goes out the window then.   I am not collecting the line though, so I just report what I read. 

As far as accessories, some guys make do with what they have and others then order from places like Marauders Gun Runners who are due for a restock and new product soon. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

But it doesn't look like the GI Joe Red Ninja in the way the hand one does.  Red Ninjas did not wear masks or have waist sashes let alone armor.  They looked like a red version of Storm Shadow without the hood.  Take the hood off the hand ninja and that was what you have.  So, better articulation and sculpt detailing goes out the window then.   I am not collecting the line though, so I just report what I read. 

As far as accessories, some guys make do with what they have and others then order from places like Marauders Gun Runners who are due for a restock and new product soon. 

Isn't that just nostalgia overriding rational thinking?  Almost every design change I've seen in this new Joe line is an improvement over the old design.

One of the things the Legends team consistently overlooks is weapons storage, and it's something the Joe designers appear to NEVER overlook.  I don't see any storage at all on the Legends figure even for those two scythes it comes with, but the Joe figure has at least six storage spots for all those bladed weapons he comes with.  I'm not in the market for Joes, but if I collected both Legends and Joe I'd be FAR more happy with the Joe figure.  The detailing just blows the Legends figure away.

In fact if I did want to build a Hand army if not for the Stilt-Man legs I can't imagine I wouldn't fudge the Joe ninja in as a Hand ninja.  It's just SO much better in almost every way.

Edited by fantastic_four

21 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Isn't that just nostalgia overriding rational thinking?  Almost every design change I've seen in this new Joe line is an improvement over the old design.

One of the things the Legends team consistently overlooks is weapons storage, and it's something the Joe designers appear to NEVER overlook.  I don't see any storage at all on the Legends figure even for those two scythes it comes with, but the Joe figure has at least six storage spots for all those bladed weapons he comes with.  I'm not in the market for Joes, but if I collected both Legends and Joe I'd be FAR more happy with the Joe figure.  The detailing just blows the Legends figure away.

In fact if I did want to build a Hand army if not for the Stilt-Man legs I can't imagine I wouldn't fudge the Joe ninja in as a Hand ninja.  It's just SO much better in almost every way.

Sometimes, I agree that it defies logic.  I like some of the modern updates.  However, even I admit that sometimes they go too far. 

I cannot find the comment so I am asking you to trust me.  There was one guy responding to a modern figure thread that he is not buying any of these figures because "that's not Roadblock", (because Roadblock is supposed to have a mustache and soul patch not a beard).   Here is the 6" Roadblock that was released and the 3 3/4" Roadblock due in January as well as various version of Roadblock figure card art, comic, and cartoon version.    Now, don't get me wrong.  I got my Walmart order in for the new Roadblock pictured with the real world weapon in the second picture with the dark green gear and light tan pants.  However, while that figure is far better articulated than the 2007 version, I kind of still like that 2007 version best (toy wearing the helmet).  The overall look is still better than the 84 version and shows Roadblock using a weapon that most no one else would be able to carry.   On the modern version I don't know if I totally dig that field vest.  I like the idea of Roadblock running around in a sleeveless t shirt best.   

712m0y+MmuL._AC_SX425_.jpg

gij-rs-roadblock-image-1-1601123499872.jpg

Roadblock Card art .jpg

s-l640.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Roadblock Comics.jpg

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Crowdfunded piece only.   It will not be coming to retail unless something like a local toyshop buys a couple of them to sell there.  When the barge was first released there was speculation that Amazon might order a 100 or so.  That never happened.   To this day the barge, which has been the only released haslab project has come to retail.  Unicron should be shipping within the next year so that may change.  However, the barge has not seen retail space or the inside of an Amazon warehouse as of this writing.

Now the figure will be released but in a hard goods cape.  The soft goods cape variant is exclusive to this vehicle so the figure may sit down in the cockpit.   

Thanks, Buzz!

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

cannot find the comment so I am asking you to trust me.  There was one guy responding to a modern figure thread that he is not buying any of these figures because "that's not Roadblock", (because Roadblock is supposed to have a mustache and soul patch not a beard).

Oh I've heard those comments too, particularly about Scarlett.  The other things I've heard people say is that there's a stylistic flair to the paint apps on some figures--particularly Scarlett--that makes them look more cartoonish than realistic, yet the sculpt is ULTRA-realistic, so it's a weird mix.  I can definitely see what they're talking about, but I still love them overall...I'm just not looking to buy another line for now.