• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2020 at 8:17 AM, F For Fake said:

The only monster from the orange set that I have is the Wolfman. I'd love to complete the set some day, but I worry about repops on these. Keep hoping I'll hit an original owner collection someday.

Got this one from the same person. The only two I have. Would pick up the rest if they were to turn up. The repros are easy to spot if you know them.

9E96DC44-83E3-442C-87A5-ED5FB0A8ED02.jpeg

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Just released today.  Should be a fun one, been a while since I got a set in the 4-digit brick range

image.jpg

lol I am waiting for an incentive... but I am all in on this.   If I have to wait until December... I am a patient guy. 

Edited by Buzzetta

56 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol I am waiting for an incentive... but I am all in on this.   If I have to wait until December... I am a patient guy. 

I can think of at least 4 more sets I'm looking at at the moment; it will be a matter of picking what set I use to get my Black Friday giveaway set.  This one couldn't wait.

7 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I can think of at least 4 more sets I'm looking at at the moment; it will be a matter of picking what set I use to get my Black Friday giveaway set.  This one couldn't wait.

Yeah... I have to... In October I picked up the Haunted House / Disney Tower of Terror and the Modular Bookstore during double points month (which are backordered until December).  I put those promo sets up on eBay to recover an additional $20 back.  

I want to see what Black Friday brings us first... then I will go for the Sesame Street House and a couple of sets that I know never go on sale or are reduced at best by 5 cents at Walmart or Amazon. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah... I have to... In October I picked up the Haunted House / Disney Tower of Terror and the Modular Bookstore during double points month (which are backordered until December).  I put those promo sets up on eBay to recover an additional $20 back.  

I want to see what Black Friday brings us first... then I will go for the Sesame Street House and a couple of sets that I know never go on sale or are reduced at best by 5 cents at Walmart or Amazon. 

I have yet to be disappointed in the Black Friday bonus set, personally.  The second Christmas bonus set is generally a little less impressive.

Saw one of the largest MOTU vintage collections that I've seen in years. 

Really wanted the Fright Fighter as it's one piece I don't have.  Just a bit too expensive for me. 

Also saw a Crystar Castle. 

Definitely something I've never run across, which doesn't happen very often. 

It is SOOOOO fragile with so many parts.  

It's hard to tell what the true value is with so few examples/parts on E-bay.  In this case, it's got to be pretty rare. 

Had the box in so-so shape. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

My 10 year old self couldn’t resist this at the retro store today:

image.jpg

1.jpg

That’s the SDCC exclusive ? 

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

That’s the SDCC exclusive ? 

Yes, although I have the impression it was also sold a couple other places.  I haven't been able to find a number for how many were made.

I absolutely loved the Micronaut toys as a kid.

The Razor Crest Haslab project backing period ends tonight.  It's up over 25,000 backers!  I was guessing 15K to 20K when they announced it, so I'm pretty surprised.  It really speaks to how hot the Mandalorian is right now.  And that's well-deserved; it has the best Star Wars stories since Disney bought the franchise from Lucas.