• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

The Razor Crest Haslab project backing period ends tonight.  It's up over 25,000 backers!  I was guessing 15K to 20K when they announced it, so I'm pretty surprised.  It really speaks to how hot the Mandalorian is right now.  And that's well-deserved; it has the best Star Wars stories since Disney bought the franchise from Lucas.

I thought about it.... maybe I will regret it... 

I tossed and turned... but I am passing. 

My reasons?

I don't know if it is 'iconic'

The BMF Falcon, the BMF AT-AT and if I ever open the sail barge... those are iconic.  Is the Razor Crest iconic that people know that is if they see it?  Dunno... can't have it all... and I want to be picky these days. 

There are a lot of things I would like to see made, and I don't want to say, I did not have the space. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I'd definitely call the Falcon and AT-AT "iconic"--if by that you mean the most popular--but definitely not the barge.  It's just too niche for having only appeared in one scene, plus it's too big and rules out too many people due to that space requirement.  The Razor Crest is already far more popular than the barge could ever be for being a central part of most episodes of the Mandalorian.

I skipped it though.  I almost pulled the trigger figuring I'd display it, let the kids play with it for a year or so, and then eventually sell it at a profit, but meh, just didn't feel like taking up that much space for a figure scale I don't even collect anymore.  Right now my man cave is about 12" by 16"...I'm hoping our next house will have a sizable basement that I can use for a lot more storage plus a rec room.

Not sure if anyone will see this at 8pm on a Sunday night, but I thought I'd share. I don't keep up with Marvel Legends much anymore, but I thought this was in demand at one point. Randomly scrolling on Target's site tonight, they had three in stock. I got one for myself, what the heck, but if you need one, they've still got two as of this moment!

https://www.target.com/p/hasbro-marvel-legends-avengers-hulk/-/A-78137437#lnk=sametab

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Basement train layout about to get an extension to the town. 

Sunday morning build time while watching a Keith Morrison “Dateline”

DAB0977A-B67E-4261-90E2-D422FD1B8A17.jpeg

Nice, I have this one also. This time last year I doubt I would have been interested. The innocence of this set really got to me in these troubled times. I showed a bunch of pictures of the completed set to my coworkers and all the girls melted with emojis.

1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I’ve passed in this set so many times but I finally caved. I really needed a Tusken Raider mini figure also. 

B0F70FE3-55C8-49AC-A5C6-D39A2A648F65.thumb.jpeg.f73246313e8a937313c2bd8ab45b29d8.jpeg

556E08DC-5B43-4C98-9DFF-F365079E786E.thumb.jpeg.0a7c1da9ed3dc444743915e641dc834e.jpeg

3D1D6DDF-1DEF-409E-912F-6E33302BE0F9.thumb.jpeg.f5354e0bdacb1c8b8a9631c337511e7e.jpeg

This also goes with a few other sets I have.

95795419-9182-4B79-9E42-B416748E95E5.thumb.jpeg.5ef76473de4afb21a083d5d8714ab21a.jpeg

8B1DF26E-4B96-44FF-9FA9-0745DB24CE2A.thumb.jpeg.c5a0bcf9e7f1d4293475a02284cba677.jpeg

Yeah... I felt the same... I kept passing it up and when I saw it on Amazon on sale it was 'now or never'...    It was when I thought I would buy Mos Eisley...   It's actually a neat little set and I am glad I picked it up.   It's one of those sets that people will regret now picking up once it is retired. 

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah... I felt the same... I kept passing it up and when I saw it on Amazon on sale it was 'now or never'...    It was when I thought I would buy Mos Eisley...   It's actually a neat little set and I am glad I picked it up.   It's one of those sets that people will regret now picking up once it is retired. 

I’m not sure if I’ll get Mos Eisley or not.

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I got this instead... This and the Treehouse are staying boxed until I redo the office.

IMG_0761.jpeg

I’ve been slowly working on this one, which was also a big part of why I finally got Obi-Wan’s hut.

C9B8D98D-1A6F-4A75-9167-BF0F688ABDFD.thumb.jpeg.966c262e00b7c8217c2dad8d619d8753.jpeg

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

Saw this on the wall of a random toy store.  Nearly overlooked as I thought it was newer. 

Been opened, but very firm from storage over time.

Until I held one,  I never noticed the Sky Patrolesque reflectors behind the toys. 

Patrick

20201115_173823.jpg

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Saw this on the wall of a random toy store.  Nearly overlooked as I thought it was newer. 

Been opened, but very firm from storage over time.

Until I held one,  I never noticed the Sky Patrolesque reflectors behind the toys. 

Patrick

20201115_173823.jpg

I had this set as a kid.    I have a loose set now but a set in the board would be great.   Nice find!

18 minutes ago, Talapas1 said:

Found these micromachineescque Back to the Future toys at our local hobby shop.    I could pass them up.  Apparently they were a giveaway or exclusive from Texaco.   Whatever they are, the are cool

A88A05E9-16E2-452B-90C0-2E193F764FBC.jpeg

That's something I've never seen.  I'd get it too.  Such a huge fan of Back to the Future II.

Looks like there is a Hoverport that was sold separately for the cars. 

Patrick

23 minutes ago, Talapas1 said:

I’m still hunting a complete Crystar

I'll keep my eyes open. 

I don't run into Crystar items often, but I oddly have a few times lately. 

Saw a really nice/complete Warbow.  Considered it, but was a bit too much for me. 

Patrick

4 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

That's something I've never seen.  I'd get it too.  Such a huge fan of Back to the Future II.

Looks like there is a Hoverport that was sold separately for the cars. 

Patrick

Yeah. The shop had the playset as well but I didn’t want it as much as the cars.