• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, see, it's funny because on my end, I'm just recently finding out that people DO like BTTF2! I'm not one to yuck someone's yum, so I'd never try to argue that anyone is wrong for liking it, but I remember that it really didn't do anything for me as a kid, and I guess I grew up expecting everyone thought like me! I owe it a rewatch, for sure. At the time it came out, the first was my favorite movie, I just loved it so much. But I couldn't get into part 2 at all. Meanwhile, I thought part 3 was a lot of fun! I haven't seen 2 or 3 since I was a kid, so I definitely owe both a reappraisal through adult eyes.

Have to agree with Shadow, the future concepts/toys blew me away as a kid.  Still always hope my future self leaves me a sports almanac so I can become rich. 

#1 was also great.  One of my favorite movies.  But I tend to enjoy #2 a little more.  Kind of like arguing between Montana and Brady (nah, let's not). 

Also agree with another poster, #3 is awful.  I re-watched it recently and age didn't help it.  

Still baffled that they thought it was cooler to kill the Delorean and replace with a goofy flying train.  Delorean is beyond all-time iconic because of 1 & 2.  

Patrick 

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, see, it's funny because on my end, I'm just recently finding out that people DO like BTTF2! I'm not one to yuck someone's yum, so I'd never try to argue that anyone is wrong for liking it, but I remember that it really didn't do anything for me as a kid, and I guess I grew up expecting everyone thought like me! I owe it a rewatch, for sure. At the time it came out, the first was my favorite movie, I just loved it so much. But I couldn't get into part 2 at all. Meanwhile, I thought part 3 was a lot of fun! I haven't seen 2 or 3 since I was a kid, so I definitely owe both a reappraisal through adult eyes.

We actually just watched all 3 back to back a month ago.

I is the best

II is good, especially the future stuff (not so much with Old Man Marty's family)

III is a snore fest

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Have to agree with Shadow, the future concepts/toys blew me away as a kid.  Still always hope my future self leaves me a sports almanac so I can become rich. 

#1 was also great.  One of my favorite movies.  But I tend to enjoy #2 a little more.  Kind of like arguing between Montana and Brady (nah, let's not). 

Also agree with another poster, #3 is awful.  I re-watched it recently and age didn't help it.  

Still baffled that they thought it was cooler to kill the Delorean and replace with a goofy flying train.  Delorean is beyond all-time iconic because of 1 & 2.  

Patrick 

agreed on the train<delorean!

Also, How could he have found the parts in the past to fix the train to make it a time machine?!!!

On 11/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, bobotski said:

Just added new school Mario to old school handhelds.

IMG_3305.thumb.JPG.c4c94159ef0da2842b1718ea47e1d042.JPG

That's cool. I still need to remember and find a few old Game & Watch and a couple other tabletop systems. I don't remember Game & Watch as being that expensive back then. I know I purchased one at Disney World. I'm sure they weren't like the cost of cell phones or today's portable videogame systems. And modern portable systems aren't really the best for being portable anyway. I've played all my modern portables at home connected to speakers. The only game that I still need to finish is Boktai and that's because it forces you outside to play in the sun.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

tell me about it, and then never play it and keep it in a glass case away from dust, decisions decisions lol 

I don't do many games, I bought the mini's just to have something and reminisce :) 

It's a lot of good stuff in arcades too, with the Arcade 1up's of TMNT, which is still on my wishlist  

Arcade 1Up needs to release a mini of Konami's big X-Men. I can't believe they haven't yet. I see they made a bigger Star Wars and OutRun.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:25 PM, followtheleader said:

Sealed or non? 

If not, I'd love to see what it actually looks like. I've never seen the actual toy outside of the box. 

Curious what comic it came with too.  I'm sure it's one of those small issues similar to what came w/ Violator, etc. 

Patrick

It came with the Spawn Alley toy comic. Typically it's one of the hardest to find in grade and fetches about $15 in FN. 

Excuse the screenshot, but it was simpler to share it this way. For now this serves as a supplement on the research I've done on the unreleased IRWIN Mini Lion, and explains the exclusive use of the IRWIN black logo on the Mini Lion. I'll eventually update the research article, and here's a handy link to it for anyone who hasn't seen it. The boards seem to shrink it, you can click here and see it zoomed in.

Irwiin-Mini-Lion-black-logo.gif

Edited by comicwiz

Quick look at my Marvel Retro Kingpin Figure by Hasbro.  🧐

This is a more in-depth review of the figure which is now the best Kingpin figure available in this class. 👍

Not a huge improvement over the Marvel Legends Kingpin BAF, but much better than the ToyBiz Kingpin figures as you can see in the video review & comparison. 😁

I really like the Gallery of Spider-Man's Most Famous Foes from the Spider-Man Annuals so I've included it in the video the Kingpin pinup from the Annual #13

Note that it shows Kingpin's first appearances on ASM #50, #51 and #59...

The Kingpin actually appeared on ASM#52 but I guess they forgot about it 😱

Hope you enjoy it !

20201122_155230.jpg

20201122_155327.jpg

20201122_155527.jpg

20201122_160427.jpg

20201122_161243.jpg

20201122_161528.jpg

Man talk about jogging a memory! @srezvan I had that TMNT board game! :headbang: 

I only remember playing it two or three times, when my brother was super young lol 

I remember plastic stand ups though :) of the characters?

I think my folks traded in old toys for new lol I can't blame them, if we could go back haha

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man talk about jogging a memory! @srezvan I had that TMNT board game! :headbang: 

I only remember playing it two or three times, when my brother was super young lol 

I remember plastic stand ups though :) of the characters?

I think my folks traded in old toys for new lol I can't blame them, if we could go back haha

The bases are plastic, but the characters are cardboard.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Ex-squeeze me?!

Why is it going away?  

I see a wonderful SW 2-pack. 

What is the plexi with 3 figures next to it?  
Patrick  

Everytime I think that thinks are going to get better life kicks me in the balls. The main reason wife is sick (Lyme. PKD and Breast Cancer) and its has all become too much. All the stuff just doesn't bring joy anymore and so I am selling off most everything I own. The money could be used elsewhere and I just can't feel the same way about collecting/stuff anymore.

1 hour ago, Shadow Images said:

Everytime I think that thinks are going to get better life kicks me in the balls. The main reason wife is sick (Lyme. PKD and Breast Cancer) and its has all become too much. All the stuff just doesn't bring joy anymore and so I am selling off most everything I own. The money could be used elsewhere and I just can't feel the same way about collecting/stuff anymore.

Very sorry to hear that.  I hope the best for your wife.  

Only solace is that it doesn't sound like it's tearing you up to sell the items.  

Patrick