• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,313 posts in this topic

Today is the last day for that Best Buy 25% off deal so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Slave I.  Given the resale value on it $120 seems like a steal.  It ends at midnight, so anyone thinking about it needs to pull the trigger within the next few hours.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

So... the chatter on a couple of Star Wars sites is that Mando somehow ends up with Slave 1

So... I broke down... I owned this once before when it was available from Amazon and had picked it up on clearance for $50.  I remember selling it for near $200.  Then they reissued it this year with new paint apps.   So for anyone else that is noticing... I noticed this morning that there has been a LOT of sales of this ship over the last two weeks...

The ship retails for $150 and is selling for more than that + shipping on eBay

Best Buy not only has some in stock, you can go to your offers and rewards in your account and you should find a one time use $25% off coupon.

Mine should be here by next Monday.   $112.49 + $9.70 Tax ...

This one also apparently comes with a plexiglass display stand... 

Considering that I ordered that Boba Fett figure that is to be released in 2021... this will look 'fun' on a shelf in the basement. 

EDIT: Sold out on BBTS, Amazon, and Dorkside Toys. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-boba-fetts-slave-i-toy-vehicle/6403132.p?skuId=6403132

2001205825_ScreenShot2020-12-06at8_24_00PM.thumb.png.e607030958fe9a1ca35133de7e65d766.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.15.44 PM.png2001205825_ScreenShot2020-12-06at8_24_00PM.thumb.png.e607030958fe9a1ca35133de7e65d766.png

Hey Buzz

Thanks for the heads up on this. Got mine today at a Best Buy curbside. Feel 12 years old again. Pure AWESOME  

1 hour ago, mytastebud said:

Thanks for the heads up on this. Got mine today at a Best Buy curbside. Feel 12 years old again. Pure AWESOME

Pics!

It holds three figures doesn't it?  Which three seem best to put in it?  I guess Boba, Din, and Cara?  Or maybe just Jango?  I'm guessing there's no child version of Boba to re-create their time in the ship during Attack of the Clones.

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Pics!

It holds three figures doesn't it?  Which three seem best to put in it?  I guess Boba, Din, and Cara?  Or maybe just Jango?  I'm guessing there's no child version of Boba to re-create their time in the ship during Attack of the Clones.

Attack of the Clones Realistic Style?  Or Clone Wars Animated Style? 

http://www.rebelscum.com/sagabobafettkaminoescape.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/TCW32-Boba.asp

image.png.8d48b346d8b659530949587309ba5639.png

image.png.192fa5c8b49bbbb8508a527b2ebd7c1e.png

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Pics!

Not sure when/if I can open it.  I just cleaned and restored my own X-wing and I purchased the Black Series Enfys Nest and swoop bike. So great...

IMG_9441.JPG

3 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

Not sure when/if I can open it.  I just cleaned and restored my own X-wing and I purchased the Black Series Enfys Nest and swoop bike. So great...

IMG_9441.JPG

Been another long day... I am flip flopping between going to be and opening mine.  However, I did dig out this guy... 

IMG_1069.jpeg

The image below shows that Slave I is bigger than I remember.  I think the Hasbro one is about 21 inches long, so I guess a true 1:18 scale version would be 4 to 6 feet long.  That explains why there was so much room in the cabin for them to sit around during the last episode of Mandalorian.

I considered the Razor Crest, but in the end I didn't want to dedicate the display space it required.  The only reason I bought Slave I is because of the vertical display option with the stand...it looks like you can get away with it just taking about a square foot of shelf space.

databank_slavei_01_169_8dc3102d.jpeg?reg 

E96475L00_DIO_SW_VIN_E5_SLAVE_V2_bafca9d

Edited by fantastic_four

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Walmart Exclusive...also due soon I believe... 

@mytastebud

image.thumb.png.bd19c60bf1fd5f7da55337aa2aa3fcd1.png image.thumb.png.7f48c4a51b25d2e9c13b3c18d4090649.png

Knowing that the Hasbro Slave I is so much smaller than the real one I think I'll mostly display it with one figure inside, maybe two.  I don't normally buy 1:18 figures, but I'll probably get the Walmart Din and the forthcoming Return of the Jedi Boba Fett shown below just to go with the ship.  The detail level they're able to achieve on 3.75" figures these days is really surprising!

F1888_PROD_Pose1_2000x.jpg?v=1602812109

Edited by fantastic_four

12 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Knowing that the Hasbro Slave I is so much smaller than the real one I think I'll mostly display it with one figure inside, maybe two.  I don't normally buy 1:18 figures, but I'll probably get the Walmart Din and the forthcoming Return of the Jedi Boba Fett shown below just to go with the ship.  The detail level they're able to achieve on 3.75" figures these days is really surprising!

Definitely agree.  I found myself swapping out some older sculpts and selling them off.   I wound up picking up the current Luke in X-Wing Pilot gear as an example. If I told you that was 1:12th scale, I think you might be tricked by it for at least a second or two. 

IMG_1075.thumb.jpeg.650e2c0533f1d4024aaca28ffebe56b5.jpeg

Picked up this Space Glider Micronaut a couple weeks ago, it's from the early 2000's Palisades revival. My problem is the shoulder joint broke when I tried to reposition the arm; I've got it wired in place for now.  The joint pin was what broke, the actual arm and shoulder pieces are fine (although the shoulder doesn't want to swivel, but I can live with that.)  Anybody know a better way to fix the shoulder?  It doesn't look too bad for display purposes, and was fairly cheap, so I'm not too worried about it overall.  But thought somebody here might know a simple solution.

CED23D50-7AB6-4493-B2C3-92E87822E875.jpeg

Edited by OtherEric
Replaced picture

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Picked up this Space Glider Micronaut a couple weeks ago, it's from the early 2000's Palisades revival. My problem is the shoulder joint broke when I tried to reposition the arm; I've got it wired in place for now.  The joint pin was what broke, the actual arm and shoulder pieces are fine (although the shoulder doesn't want to swivel, but I can live with that.)  Anybody know a better way to fix the shoulder?  It doesn't look too bad for display purposes, and was fairly cheap, so I'm not too worried about it overall.  But thought somebody here might know a simple solution.

image.jpg

That's a great question and one I looked up due to the similar construction in GI Joes. 

This might help for the future:

If the elbows and shoulders are binding at the metal rivets, then that's because the rivet is corroding inside the plastic shaft, and the corrosion material is thickening the rivet and stressing the plastic. You might see some cracking in the plastic surrounding it. Short of drilling out the rivet and replacing it (which can be done, but is a difficult affair), simply carefully and slowing moving the joint to loosen the corrosion may give you some movement back.

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?15656-Micronauts-cleaning-and-lubricating