• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, 707comics said:

So, I have been slowly acquiring GI Joe pieces over the past year or so. With the lack of local garage sales, flea markets and toy shows it has been slow going (eBay prices can be crazy to say the least!) but I have been having a blast! I have tried to focus on buying as complete as possible as I quickly learned that in some cases a small accessory cost more than the sum of the other components together (W.O.R.M.S, Outback, Firefly ... you know I am looking at you!). That said, it's funny how incomplete figures always seem to find their way into the collection, I mean who wants to pass on a nice Zartan figure just because it's missing the leg pads, right? 

Having had a bunch of spare time during lockdown allowed me to clean and display some of my collection. I figured I would share some photos as I always enjoy seeing what people post in this thread :)

Hope you and your families have a safe and happy holiday season. Here is hoping for a great 2021! 

482018703_IMG_60982.thumb.jpg.e146c0adf61b75e6731eaa6cc0587ce2.jpg

970884417_IMG_61032.thumb.jpg.c0fd7fe40be28118bccc487ff71ba537.jpg

408733977_IMG_61042.thumb.jpg.ffee9680114a1a291c9fdc35c7d6b25e.jpg

1861326711_IMG_61052.thumb.jpg.55526d0f4bc60a0bb59bb823dd4752db.jpg

quad_case.thumb.jpg.3e689c3020aa64a2bc40c5df92336d1e.jpg

JOE_QUAD.thumb.jpg.6947002b41ea46e7e33e5bd511e26a89.jpg

Ship_wreck_Happy_holidays.thumb.jpg.029c084af8debd81f146f7d8b1dfffcd.jpg

I swooped a few of these from eBay about 2 months ago, really love the Night Viper character and features

image.png.e98b22c5e229f42bfefa476c6473c9a9.png

Looks like Hasbo is re-issuing the Vintage Collection Slave 1, should release in June. Interested to see what it does to prices in the meantime. Also glad I’ll get another shot, which I’ll also probably waffle on, until it sells out a second time.

8 hours ago, srezvan said:

Some random purchases for my collection:

Mortal Kombat party favors from 1992. This was the first time I saw them and you can't pass up stuff like this when you see them. Got them from a comic store at a great price. They offered them to me at 2/3 off the sticker price because they'd been sitting there for so long.

I ordered the two Mandalorian figures from BBTS months ago. Those are the only Star Wars figures I have at that scale, but these are awesome. The Boba Fett was a find at a comic shop for just a few bucks.

Usagi and Doomsday were finds from a small toy show. Guy said "name your price, I'll probably say yes." I'm shocked that Usagi was just sitting there and nobody offered a few bucks for him. I'm not a huge DC fan, but I like Doomsday and needed one of him.

20201222_110147.jpg

20201222_110219.jpg

20201222_110316.jpg

I had not seen the Mortal Kombat party favors before, looks like you got a bunch of my favorite characters in there. Goro was always such a PITA for me to beat in the arcade! 

7 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I swooped a few of these from eBay about 2 months ago, really love the Night Viper character and features

image.png.e98b22c5e229f42bfefa476c6473c9a9.png

If you have never opened a sample of this set before... be careful when you open it... don't lose the bullet.  There is a single bullet that pops out of the ammo container and that might be the most easily lost piece in all of GI Joe... 

Don't lose the bullet. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If you have never opened a sample of this set before... be careful when you open it... don't lose the bullet.  There is a single bullet that pops out of the ammo container and that might be the most easily lost piece in all of GI Joe... 

Don't lose the bullet. 

Crud, going to check now

10 hours ago, 707comics said:

Appreciate it! 

I've been chasing a Cobra Ninja Viper (with both silver swords in the sealed bag) but I am not willing to pay the price they currently demand (I see them selling quickly in the $300+ range on eBay.). In a moment of weakness I considered a Black Major repro but decided I don't want to travel down that road hahaha.

I honestly don't see it dropping much.  

It's a tough figure to get.  Definitely one of my favs (though it's just Storm Shadow w/ blue PJs).

Patrick 

8 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Thanks, I had to check because the top glue seal separated on both sets. I see the gold bullet in the middle still. Any thoughts on how to re-seal the glue separating?

Don't 

They used some pretty weak glue all around when it came to those cards.  I just sold my Freefall Club figure that was packed away without issue.  The glue dried out after only a couple of years and the bubble was cleanly separated from the card as if no glue had ever been placed on top.  When I looked around, I found it was a common problem. 

So I would not recommend it.   If you are doing it for 'you'.   If you ever decide to sell the sealed set people might think you were monkeying around with carded figures and it could put all of your other listings under suspect. 

I would leave it as is or make it slightly obvious that they are re-glued. 

So what is everyone looking for / collecting goals for 2021?  Think of this as the plastic crack version of the comics thread.

I have it in my head that I need a Rancor Monster.  Somehow I thought I had one until I realized I sold it and never got around to buying the updated Vintage Collection update that came out a few years ago.   I also think I want my VOTC B-Wing fighter back. 

So... 

• SW Rancor Monster
  • SW B-Wing Fighter / A-Wing Fighter
  • Eventual release of Fennec Shand
  • Eventual release of Mandalorian version of Boba Fett
  • I keep flip flopping on the big Lego Falcon $800 version...
  • Transformers Tracks (Found in the walmart computer system and unannounced butdue July September)
  • Lego Modular Police Station - Lego reveals more throughout the year... but that's it for now. 

On Preorder and waiting for it to be released:

• Walmart Mando with removable helmet with Child 3.75" set
  • Retro Mando 3.75"
  • Retro Child 3.75"
  • Greef Karga Vintage Collection 3.75"
  • Snaggletooth Vintage Collection 3.75"
  • The Child / Grogu Vintage Collection 3.75"
  • Mando in Beskar Vintage Collection 3.75"
  • Boba Fett Vintage Collection 3.75"
  • Boba Fett Black Series Deluxe 6"
  • Transformers Studio Series Kup
  • Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod