• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I feel they could have put a little more thought into the stand....

That's one of my generic stands. The one it came with is more like old doll stand. To be fair, the figure came out in 1999, long before Sideshow and Hot Toy started getting creative with their stands.

45 minutes ago, D84 said:

That's one of my generic stands. The one it came with is more like old doll stand. To be fair, the figure came out in 1999, long before Sideshow and Hot Toy started getting creative with their stands.

Just not feeling the double testicle hold it seems to have on Indy :insane:

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Pretty  nice b-day haul from the Missus today. I admit, I may have given her some guidance.

I am still digging these new MoTU figs, I may be in danger of going down a rabbit hole. Also glad to have the AWE Striker, and have out that Classified standee to good use, since I’m not collecting the actual Classified series. May need another HISS to balance it out.

This Mega Construx Alien Slime Egg is a hoot. Blind “boxed” figures in an egg, sealed in a membranous pouch full of slime! Too funny.

Also digging giant Zombie Wolverine Pop.

I married well, no question!

AB310A7F-CF75-4D7C-98C8-0C49F458D7F9.jpeg

F7291DDE-15BD-4A86-A147-E7FAB54A0CAA.jpeg

85313AAF-B0F7-403A-919D-91A941B6431F.jpeg

78162F61-C4BB-47DE-AEED-221EB8BCE194.jpeg

5378BCC9-5C03-49C1-AE77-CB761BDBC0E2.jpeg

2C384D15-9533-4FD3-BC34-AB06E6F71F9F.jpeg

Happy B-Day! 

Nice haul, some cool stuff in there for sure. I'm digging the Wolverine figure

11 minutes ago, 707comics said:

Happy B-Day! 

Nice haul, some cool stuff in there for sure. I'm digging the Wolverine figure

Thanks! Yeah, I don't do many Pops, but these are pretty cool. Am now wondering if I need the rest of these giant zombies...certainly need Magneto, at the very least, right???

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks! Yeah, I don't do many Pops, but these are pretty cool. Am now wondering if I need the rest of these giant zombies...certainly need Magneto, at the very least, right???

With some of this stuff it feels like eating potato chips. Before you know it half the bag is gone and you don't even know what happened hahahah.

A note about the Black Series I've learned over the last few months--Hasbro has SIGNIFICANTLY improved their articulation, sculpts, and paint for the line in 2020.  I mention that now because I see you have Admiral Ackbar there, but it's the old version.  They re-released a new version this year, and it is WAY better in terms of articulation.  I've heard that old one can barely move at most of its joints.  You can find pre-2019 figures at steep discounts these days, but there's a reason for that--collectors are realizing the old ones are far worse than recently-released upgrades.

Because of the huge improvements this year I'm skeptical of buying ANY Black Series figure made before 2020 or 2019.  I will only buy one if I see Youtube reviews affirming that it's great for its time.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

A note about the Black Series I've learned over the last few months--Hasbro has SIGNIFICANTLY improved their articulation, sculpts, and paint for the line in 2020.  I mention that now because I see you have Admiral Ackbar there, but it's the old version.  They re-released a new version this year, and it is WAY better in terms of articulation.  I've heard that old one can barely move at most of its joints.  You can find pre-2019 figures at steep discounts these days, but there's a reason for that--collectors are realizing the old ones are far worse than recently-released upgrades.

Because of the huge improvements this year I'm skeptical of buying ANY Black Series figure made before 2020 or 2019.  I will only buy one if I see Youtube reviews affirming that it's great for its time.

Those are all 3 3/4" versions.  Each of them are the best that they have offered.   So that was the Ackbar 3 3/4" from 2017 released as a Walmart exclusive.  The Landos were 3 3/4" using the 6" photo real tech. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Those are all 3 3/4" versions. 

Oh wow, you're right now that I compare it to the others in the pic.  Since I just started buying Black Series I didn't even know they were putting 1:18 figures in big Black Series boxes at some point in the past...any idea when they were doing that?

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesome @F For Fake

Wolverine seems a bit green in the gills as well ha. It's nice to see that you had an awesome gift given :) 

Definitely did well :) Prayers answered!

Thanks Brother! It was a weird birthday because we couldn't celebrate with family and friends, but the wife went above and beyond to make it a special day.

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Mail call !

The Roadblock and Scarlett are two of the best GI Joes I have seen in awhile. 

The Lando's are to replace the ten year old versions I have.  These are so much better detailed.  The paint sculpts are just eye opening.   Mandolorian in Beskar is staying carded in case I get the Walmart exclusives actually sent to me.  And Poe is waiting for his X-Wing which I broke down and picked up after seeing an unavoidable deal online.  

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

I really dig the sculpt on Scarlett and Roadblock (and the other new Joes), but I haven't been able to find the figures locally at all, and haven't been willing to pay eBay prices...yet. I'd be all over it if I found it on the pegs. The only ones I've seen in person are Snake and Storm Shadow, but I wasn't very excited about them, so I passed. Nice lot of stuff!

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Oh wow, you're right now that I compare it to the others in the pic.  Since I just started buying Black Series I didn't even know they were putting 1:18 figures in big Black Series boxes at some point in the past...any idea when they were doing that?

I have been replacing a few figures.  The ones on the left are from ten years ago.  The ones on the right are the newer versions with the photo real applications that Hasbro has been using on the 6" line.  As you can see Lando now looks less like Groucho Marx and more like Billy Dee. 

The Walmart "Black Series" reintroduced the Vintage Collection sculpts with new paint apps back in 2015-2016.  It was kind of a test run for the return to the Vintage Collection line. 

I already put them away for now, so I apologize for the pic for now but the Han and Luke sculpts are far superior in that they even have separate Stormtrooper bodies.  While Han has his blaster and holster, the back of Luke's belt shows the utility cable that he used to swing across the Death Star chasm.   I have been very impressed with what they are doing these days.  Enough... that I wanted to replace some of the things I sold and upgrade a couple of things I always wanted to keep. 

IMG_1299.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 2.31.08 PM.png