• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2021 at 4:00 PM, OtherEric said:

2002 Palisades version, not Mego.  But I’ve wanted an Acroyear figure for over 40 years, my parents kept buying different versions of Time Traveler for me instead:

image.jpg

Cool that you remembered it, I dont remember half the stuff I played with lol

But still that looks decent and I like the turbines too cant go wrong with a giant swod!

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Heads up to anyone that is interested.  Hasbro Pulse is taking preorders until 2/15 for a second run on the Back to the Future Transformer, Gigawatt... 

It is going to be packaged in a retro - 80's style box like the Ghostbuster Transformer Ectotron

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-collaborative-back-to-the-future-mash-up-gigawatt-figure

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.thumb.png.7561374a5ee1855aa19040de51227c15.png

Man, I'm not a modern fan, but this is great on so many levels.  I may have to break down.

Patrick

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

having a 6 year old is helping me get back into action figures again to some extent. heres a crazy big venom along with a really neat maximum venom miles morales figure and my son with a japanese gigantor (tetsujin 28) from japan. also an amazing bandai thanos endgame figure, also made in japan. these are an amazing series. 

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2572.jpeg

That tetsujin is cool.  Related to the old school godaikins?

Patrick

Found this plastic set today.  The box artwork instantly grabbed me.  I'm a big domino proponent anyway, so a no brainer.   Surprised myself to find that the WW side art was my favorite part.

Patrick

20210110_170843.jpg

20210110_170850.jpg

20210110_170857.jpg

20210110_171053.jpg

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool that you remembered it, I dont remember half the stuff I played with lol

But still that looks decent and I like the turbines too cant go wrong with a giant sword!

Some details, I didn't remember until I went looking.  But in general, for Star Wars I had tons of the figures but relatively few of the other toys.  With Micronauts it was the opposite... I had the Battle Cruiser, and the Mobile Exploration Lab, and several smaller sets, plus the "big" figures like Baron Karza and Force Commander.  But on the basic action figures, I had 3 or 4 different Time Travelers and one or two Galactic Warriors, but never got an Acroyear or Space Glider.  And I wanted them BAD.

2 hours ago, g-man said:

so I have had this 1980 Yamato (Argo) from Star Blazers for many years...I know a little about it  but was hoping to find out more. Does anyone know of websites devoted to vintage toys, scifi, cartoon, die cast, etc? Thanks. 

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

Popy Yamato, nice!!

I used to hang out on the ToxboxDX.com website until my interest waned. I still collect Japanese robot toys but just mostly the newer Soul of Chogokin lines. 

Edited by bobotski

I think the Reaction TF figs are super cute, but had decided to not buy them because I just can’t justify $18 a pop for these little guys.

This weekend I was at Target, and took a look at the collectible toys section, and saw they had these exclusive figures. I had a little left on a gift card, and a coupon from my b-day, so I decided to pick it up, mostly because of that snazzy foil embossed card, and the paint defect. I may not buy any more of these, or this may have opened a dangerous door. Who can say? If I ever decide I don’t need it, I’ll just throw it up on eBay with a big “RARE PAINT ERROR/DEFECT! CGC IT! OMG!” type description and retire with the earnings.

1CAAB975-55C3-4E1C-81F8-BDCCF2BFC63A.jpeg

BF8E6FC8-D342-4330-AABD-AD785D243FB2.jpeg

Yesterday, Walmart cancelled my 3.75" Mando with Child figure exclusive.  When I called yesterday... they said not to worry because it would be reinstated as there was an error in the system.  They gave me a reference number to call back if the order was not taken reinstated.  Apparently they went back on sale this morning at 6am and when I called this evening they said that the first CSR gave me wrong information and that there was nothing they could do.

So... $50 shipped on eBay as some people have them in hand.  Insane... hopefully it comes down so I can pick up a second one. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yesterday, Walmart cancelled my 3.75" Mando with Child figure exclusive.  When I called yesterday... they said not to worry because it would be reinstated as there was an error in the system.  They gave me a reference number to call back if the order was not taken reinstated.  Apparently they went back on sale this morning at 6am and when I called this evening they said that the first CSR gave me wrong information and that there was nothing they could do.

So... $50 shipped on eBay as some people have them in hand.  Insane... hopefully it comes down so I can pick up a second one. 

I saw this posted several times yesterday in a couple different groups. What a drag. There were a few up in the sales group, $50 shipped as well. 

44 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It also should still show up in stores but hasn't yet.  Release date was supposed to be 1/15 so it showing up online was a surprise.  I had an in-stock alert set, so when I got up to pee around 5 AM I had an email timestamped 3 AM EST, so that's when it went up.  Bought mine, and it stayed available online until around 8 or 9 AM EST.

It has also been popping back up for sale periodically all day long.  I set ten in-stock alerts just out of curiosity and all ten went off.  I don't think there was an hour in the day when it didn't go back up for sale.