• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It also should still show up in stores but hasn't yet.  Release date was supposed to be 1/15 so it showing up online was a surprise.  I had an in-stock alert set, so when I got up to pee around 5 AM I had an email timestamped 3 AM EST, so that's when it went up.  Bought mine, and it stayed available online until around 8 or 9 AM EST.

It has also been popping back up for sale periodically all day long.  I set ten in-stock alerts just out of curiosity and all ten went off.  I don't think there was an hour in the day when it didn't go back up for sale.

How do you set that up and receive a notification? 

I honestly do not have time anymore to go back and forth to stores.  In the current situation of my job I have to be in front of a computer during normal work hours even though sometimes I am not doing 'anything'.  Then I am stuck in front of it during 'off hours" when I can actually get a lot of other work done. 

This is the link but I do not see where I can put myself down for a notification. 

https://www.walmart.com/nco/Star-Wars-Vintage-Collection-Din-Djarin-With-Exclusive-quot-The-Child-quot-Pin/460201669

Edited by Buzzetta

When I go to the page at the link below on my Windows computer I see the option for an in-stock email notification.

https://www.walmart.com/product/739125148

When I bring that same page up on my Android phone, or in the Android Walmart app, I don't get the option for a notification.  So that surely does suck with how inconsistently it's available.

One irritating thing is they kept changing the number you could order.  During the first time block you could order 20, then it went back up for sale for an hour or so in the late morning and you could order up to 99.  Whenever it went back up for sale I would add it to cart, try to type 99 in the quantity field, and it would auto-correct to various numbers like 24, 41, etc, which I assume was how many they had just put back online for sale.  And it was letting me buy ALL of them.  SCALPING PARADISE!  I didn't buy any after my 5 AM order, I just wanted to see how it was going down to know better what to expect next time.

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

When I go to the page at the link below on my Windows computer I see the option for an in-stock email notification.

https://www.walmart.com/product/739125148

When I bring that same page up on my Android phone, or in the Android Walmart app, I don't get the option for a notification.  So that surely does suck with how inconsistently it's available.

One irritating thing is they kept changing the number you could order.  During the first time block you could order 20, then it went back up for sale for an hour or so in the late morning and you could order up to 99.  Whenever it went back up for sale I would add it to cart, try to type 99 in the quantity field, and it would auto-correct to various numbers like 24, 41, etc, which I assume was how many they had just put back online for sale.  And it was letting me buy ALL of them.  SCALPING PARADISE!  I didn't buy any after my 5 AM order, I just wanted to see how it was going down to know better what to expect next time.

I appreciate it... I just did that and signed up for a notification. As you see, I did not have that option on the link I had. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/10/2021 at 7:33 AM, Buzzetta said:

Heads up to anyone that is interested.  Hasbro Pulse is taking preorders until 2/15 for a second run on the Back to the Future Transformer, Gigawatt... 

It is going to be packaged in a retro - 80's style box like the Ghostbuster Transformer Ectotron

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-collaborative-back-to-the-future-mash-up-gigawatt-figure

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.thumb.png.7561374a5ee1855aa19040de51227c15.png

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I think the Reaction TF figs are super cute, but had decided to not buy them because I just can’t justify $18 a pop for these little guys.

This weekend I was at Target, and took a look at the collectible toys section, and saw they had these exclusive figures. I had a little left on a gift card, and a coupon from my b-day, so I decided to pick it up, mostly because of that snazzy foil embossed card, and the paint defect. I may not buy any more of these, or this may have opened a dangerous door. Who can say? If I ever decide I don’t need it, I’ll just throw it up on eBay with a big “RARE PAINT ERROR/DEFECT! CGC IT! OMG!” type description and retire with the earnings.

1CAAB975-55C3-4E1C-81F8-BDCCF2BFC63A.jpeg

BF8E6FC8-D342-4330-AABD-AD785D243FB2.jpeg

takemymoney.jpg

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I appreciate it... I just did that and signed up for a notification. As you see, I did not have that option on the link I had. 

Yea, Walmart had at least two product pages and two SKUs being used for this thing.  I think one was without the bundled free Grogu pin and one was with it, but they're somehow cross-referenced in their system.

Any idea why this figure has scuffed Mando armor?  I don't remember ever seeing his Beskar look like that in the show.  I almost skipped it due to that and bought the unscuffed Beskar version instead, but the SUPERB unmasked head and Grogu sucked me in.

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea, Walmart had at least two product pages and two SKUs being used for this thing.  I think one was without the bundled free Grogu pin and one was with it, but they're somehow cross-referenced in their system.

Any idea why this figure has scuffed Mando armor?  I don't remember ever seeing his Beskar look like that in the show.  I almost skipped it due to that and bought the unscuffed Beskar version instead, but the SUPERB unmasked head and Grogu sucked me in.

I don't think it was originally advertised like that.  I am rewatching Season 1 on a binge watch and there ARE times when he suffers a few blaster shots to the armor that cause it to display a brownish black carbon scoring so it's not too far off of a concept. 

I noticed that the price was $17.68 though on Walmart instead of $17.99 so with that discount... I think it is done...   Now I have to be on the lookout and scalp a few toys to justify the scalped price I am going to pay for this toy.  The only winner is eBay

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, followtheleader said:

Dude hooked me up with a fat stack of these.  Good sized.  Think I'm going to get one framed.

Patrick

20210111_204455.jpg

20210111_204412.jpg

you should frame two so you get to display both the front and the back awesomeness! Just remembered having the Battle Ram!

20 hours ago, g-man said:

so I have had this 1980 Yamato (Argo) from Star Blazers for many years...I know a little about it  but was hoping to find out more. Does anyone know of websites devoted to vintage toys, scifi, cartoon, die cast, etc? Thanks. 

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

wow that looks like a hike into a lake toy! I'd :takeit: that all day...... @STORMSHADOW_80 I miss the real setting pics :whee: 

@g-man NICE!!

2 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I also pre-ordered these back in October and received an email from Walmart on 1/11 telling me that my order was canceled. Since I had totally forgotten about it, I was like whatever. :whatev:

Then I noticed a day later that Walmart had debited my checking account for $19.20 3 times and $38.40 once. I guess I had pre-ordered five of them back in October. 

This morning FedEx dropped off 3 small boxes with these bad boys.

I should be receiving another FedEx delivery on Friday with last one.

Buzz don't bother with ebay. I'll hook you up with one. On the house. :sumo:

Shoot me a PM. @Buzzetta

This is the way.

20210113_101103.jpg

Good on ya, love seeing boardies look out for each other!

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Good on ya, love seeing boardies look out for each other!

speaking of... PM me... 

I did not get my Din Djarin but my last Walmart Scarlett arrived in the mail.   @cost... 

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpeg

6 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I also pre-ordered these back in October and received an email from Walmart on 1/11 telling me that my order was canceled. Since I had totally forgotten about it, I was like whatever. :whatev:

Then I noticed a day later that Walmart had debited my checking account for $19.20 3 times and $38.40 once. I guess I had pre-ordered five of them back in October. 

This morning FedEx dropped off 3 small boxes with these bad boys.

I should be receiving another FedEx delivery on Friday with last one.

Buzz don't bother with ebay. I'll hook you up with one. On the house. :sumo:

Shoot me a PM. @Buzzetta

This is the way.

20210113_101103.jpg

I will definitely buy one off of you. PM incoming. 

5 hours ago, miraclemet said:

you should frame two so you get to display both the front and the back awesomeness! Just remembered having the Battle Ram!

Funny you said that.  Exactly what I was thinking.  

Have enough to wall paper a small room. 

Guess it will depend on how much 2 cost to get framed.  Doesn't have to be too nice. 

Patrick 

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

@srezvaninspired me to dig my own Pizza Power game out of the closet, and it packed a nostalgic wallop! It’s complete and in nice shape. I believe I received it for my 11th b-day, which was likely TMNT themed. There’s even a small piece of wrapping paper stuck to the lid!

But what really got me was that these TMNT candles were still in the box! These were on my bday cake, and I remember I thought they were SO cool, I was sure to blow them out immediately so I could save them. Then, when I played the game, I used the candles as markers, as I thought they were so much cooler than the cardboard pieces.

Raphael was broken at the base, but after a brief surgery with a Bic lighter, he’s almost good as new!

096D8F75-E3A3-4662-9137-7AAB5A882552.jpeg

C507A57F-11E5-4DEF-AC03-66CB9BB42A85.jpeg

0E4D0A7D-D3EB-4B7B-9B07-356AEC896BBC.jpeg

DFD70692-3FD2-42DA-BE72-FA27765DDE47.jpeg

C3043B8B-15B9-4FD0-A37E-9E6C5E6AA5CF.jpeg

^^ So Happy @F For Fake and the umption to go dig it out! lol glad you were rewarded with what you had :) That looks like so much fun :x 

Do you guys have any experience submitting to AFA? I’ve had my comics graded by cgc and have thought of getting some of my vintage sealed sw and joe figs graded. $35 per fig seems pricey, does grading improve the resale value enough to justify it? Do buyers prefer graded figures to “raw?”