• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, silversurfer275 said:

I mean hes only in like 2 comics in that series and the appearances are brief and are mostly there to learn his backstory more

Spoiler

This sentence explains why I don't want to see Revan in any other medium than the video game and plastic crack.  That's not the Revan from MY play-through.  "HE"  "HIS"

On 12/16/2020 at 10:26 PM, OtherEric said:

Picked up this Space Glider Micronaut a couple weeks ago, it's from the early 2000's Palisades revival. My problem is the shoulder joint broke when I tried to reposition the arm; I've got it wired in place for now.  The joint pin was what broke, the actual arm and shoulder pieces are fine (although the shoulder doesn't want to swivel, but I can live with that.)  Anybody know a better way to fix the shoulder?  It doesn't look too bad for display purposes, and was fairly cheap, so I'm not too worried about it overall.  But thought somebody here might know a simple solution.

CED23D50-7AB6-4493-B2C3-92E87822E875.jpeg

Thought maybe one or two people would like to see my fix on this; I got an eyeglass repair kit with a suitably small screw and washer. That actually went perfectly into the other half of the joint; although I'm not 100% sure even now if it was just soft metal from the original joint, or an actually threaded connection of some sort.  But it will do, and if not perfect it looks and works far better than I hoped:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by OtherEric
Added photos

Yay... I miss this... it’s not as clean and perfect as the one I sold... but I’m happy to have one back into my possession. 

I think I am going to purchase a set of repro stickers for this as the other side is kind of rough. 

EF781763-290F-45FA-8B91-9D47A2136482.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/16/2021 at 9:44 AM, Buzzetta said:

Ehhh not so quick with GI Joe.  I have always strongly recommended people staying away from AFA graded Joe figures and my hesitations have been supported over the last couple of years.   We are now almost 40 years from when those first few figures were introduced.  Sure, the cards are stronger than SW and the bubbles seem to be as well.  The figures are drying up and cracking and breaking on the card due to their design.  I keep seeing more and more heartbreak and some butthurt in the Joe FB collector groups.   Usually I see popped rubber bands, jumble of parts on the card and this past year more people were posting pics of AFA graded figures that had developed cracked elbows as well as broken figures MOC graded by AFA. 

Agreed 100%. Carded Joes are cool, but they're time bombs. I sold the few Graded figures I had, don't want to be holding the hot potato. I still pick them up if I find them cheap (which is rare these days) but would advise against anyone investing more than they'd Ben willing to eat on the day they find the figure crumbled up in the bubble.

Found this as I was going through some old boxes. I think that I bought it in San Fran possibly late 90's.
No info or images online and no date on box. Bottom of box has !BoxinBox! logo.
Just trying to get info and value (if any) Price sticker on bottom is $12.00.
Cool Spidey! Anyone have any info on this? Thanks for looking...

image3.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by Hiro

On 1/20/2021 at 3:41 AM, Gatchaman said:

No photo description available.

Skull action figures are my favorite.  I haven't seen this one before.  Thanks for posting.

The white plastic is nice and white, I did a quick search because now I want one :) I saw a yellowed one on fleaBay, yours is much nicer.