• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

They threw in these with the deal. 

Giant GPS. 

I took a pic with the box to show how huge they are. 

2 classic characters.

Patrick

20210129_200912.jpg

20210129_200928.jpg

20210129_200915.jpg

I remember buying those off the shelf at 7/11 growing up. Always loved them .... have a binder full of them but nothing like having the unopened packs :)

My mom was totally repulsed by them. Made them that much cooler in my book!

Edited by 707comics

5 minutes ago, 707comics said:

I remember buying those off the shelf at 7/11 growing up. Always loved them .... have a binder full of them but nothing like having the unopened packs :)

My mom was totally repulsed by them. Made them that much cooler in my book!

Same source for me.  We'd go to 7-11, get a slurpee, some GPK, look at the comic spinner, and play arcades.  What a good time.

Patrick

3 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Same source for me.  We'd go to 7-11, get a slurpee, some GPK, look at the comic spinner, and play arcades.  What a good time.

Patrick

Did your 7/11 rent movies? I remember at one point they started renting VHS tapes. They had it all!

4 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I wish.  Remember the round baseball cards under the slurpees?  Loved that. 

Patrick

I sure do! If I am remembering them correctly some of them (maybe all) were lenticular? Cherry / Coca-cola mixed Slurpee FTW!  

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Scarlett is a ninja force figure and NOT an o-ring.

A6A422FB-FF73-4E9D-AE87-BF62700AC9ED.jpeg

I would own one of those Scarlett's if it WAS an o-ring (really love the bright 90s packaging).  I hate that joint style on Joes.

4 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I would own one of those Scarlett's if it WAS an o-ring (really love the bright 90s packaging).  I hate that joint style on Joes.

Ha - there were some o-rings there... but one was cracked on the card and the other one... ehhh - it was not at a price that was worth trying to make money on if I wanted to flip it. 

On 1/29/2021 at 7:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

Local buy $80 cash

Scarlett is a ninja force figure and NOT an o-ring.

Stormtrooper is to open.  My imperial troop transport arrived ;)

Orange mini rig has been eluding me

I got my complete vehicle maintenance energizer.  I actually really liked this toy as a kid and the accessories are very hard to get complete.  The store was asking a price for a boxed sample that has been open but was complete for less than I can get a loose one without the box online... deal. Cash talks 

A6A422FB-FF73-4E9D-AE87-BF62700AC9ED.jpeg

Ninja force Scarlett was the last "new" Joe I bought from a store during the vintage years. I was already in high school and "over" GI Joe, but it was Scarlett, and Scarlett is cool, so I think I paid $2.99 for it on clearance at KB. The weird build without the o-ring gave her those huge thighs, always kinda bugged me. Sold it when I sold all of my stuff the first time around. Then about 10 years ago, I found a really nice one at a flea market for about $8, and bought it again. Eventually sold THAT one again. NOW, I'd say I'd buy another one, but prices on the 90's stuff are finally starting to pop, so I doubt I'll find a steal on that one again. Although I was never a fan of the ninja or neon Joe stuff, I always liked the card art on that one.

Edited by F For Fake

These "The Adventures Continues" figures completely slipped past me when they were released. I saw them when they were solicited, and thought "Eh, I'll pick those up later." Well, later came, and then went, and this stuff sold out in a hurry. Apparently they only hit certain specialty retailers and some shops? I guess distribution on the last gasp of DC Direct has been a bit of a mess. It also looks like the last few solicited figures (JLA boxed set for DC Essentials, Vampire/Batman Who Laughs/Catwoman w/ Selina head sculpt) are unlikely to see the light of day, which is a real shame. I'm still not onboard with the McFarlane stuff, so I am in full mourning for DC Direct.

At any rate, I saw what these were selling for on eBay, and hit the roof, assuming I'd never find them at retail. Last night, on a whim, I did a google search, and got a hit for a shop here in town that I'd never been to. I sent them a FB message, and not only did they have them (minus Deathstroke), but they were still retail price, no ridiculous markup!

So, I made the trip today, and picked these up. I'll probably go back later this week to get Joker, Bats and Harley, as they have several of each. Now I just have to track down a Deathstroke at a not-crazy price, and I'll be all set.

(I still really hope that Selina Catwoman is released, though!)

IMG_8989.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG

IMG_8994.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

On 3/12/2020 at 6:37 AM, fantastic_four said:

Here's the upcoming Mafex Superman, he looks stunning:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/107528

MAFEX-Hush-Superman-Figure-007.jpg Medicom-MAFEX-Superman-Hush-05.jpg?fit=1259,1498&quality=80&strip=info&ssl=1

Mafex Superman is finally out.  Mine's on order from Japan and should be here in a few weeks.  The reviews so far are spectacular with multiple people saying exactly what I see in these promo images--that it's the best 6-inch Superman figure ever made.  :cloud9:  Can't wait for this guy to arrive.

MedicomToy_MAFEX_Superman_HUSHVer_popL.j

Edited by fantastic_four

There is a new Vintage Collection style Ahsoka and Darth Maul from the final season of Clone Wars solicited.  I missed the reveal and preorder on Hasbro Pulse and was hoping to see them offered through Amazon preorder but... given the popularity of the final season and Ahsoka in general, I figured it was worth spending the extra $2 each and locking them in at BBTS.   BBTS is still taking preorders on them.   Entertainment Earth has them for $12.99 each but it works out to be cheaper through BBTS given the $4 flat shipping fee vs $10 and change for USPS through EE. 

I also like their pile of loot option so I let them hold onto things for me until I must ship and add a few things here and there shipping it all for a flat $4.

@mr_highgrade

image.png.26c56e85f51675177808ac99944e6752.png

image.thumb.png.17db564d6e6fee171411f35efcbda020.png

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

There is a new Vintage Collection style Ahsoka and Darth Maul from the final season of Clone Wars solicited.

They both look spectacular, particularly Ahsoka.

I'm torn on the 1:18 scale.  I just got my first modern 1:18 scale figure a few weeks ago in the Mandalorian/Child 2-pack, and while I'm impressed at the articulation improvements since I was buying the Kenner figures in the 1970s/1980s, the articulation is still WAY behind any 1:12 scale figure.  I bought that figure just to stick into Slave I until the Return of the Jedi Boba Fett comes out in a few months, and he works well for that, but posing him is far inferior to any 6" figure.

But 1:18 scale fits better with vehicles to allow them to be more manageably small to fit into display space, hence the reason I'm torn.  :ohnoez:

Might move a little in box too!!funny fact too,hes the guardian of my collection,anybody who touch a collectible in my home gets his wrath,no joke,he undestand what a collectible is, once while reading a comic , my parrot on my shoulder,i coughed and he fell on my comic,well he instantly fled in wimpers.thinking he might have damage the book!

20210202_134035.jpg

Edited by Namtak

5 hours ago, atrocitus said:

What causes whiteness in a unopened action figure? 

I’m trying to decide to buy it off eBay but was curious to know if this is something to worry about the longer I own it 

Whiteness could be mold (is it fuzzy)? This is common on carded Knickerbocker LOTR figures.

1 hour ago, scumdolly said:

Whiteness could be mold (is it fuzzy)? This is common on carded Knickerbocker LOTR figures.

Early TMNT has "frosting" issues too. 

Figures are white-ish and loose the old luster. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, atrocitus said:

What causes whiteness in a unopened action figure? 

I’m trying to decide to buy it off eBay but was curious to know if this is something to worry about the longer I own it 

I believe that is plastic degradation.  Certain chemicals in the plastic leeching out.  I have a couple Super Powers figures with white fuzziness on their arms.  Typically referred to as "frosting".

I recall the Smithsonian putting out an article (or maybe it was an online news story) about the moon landing NASA spacesuits having this problem and how they were going to try and stabilize them.