• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,312 posts in this topic

I need some advice/knowledge about Battle Beasts. I have two book cases in my cave. Each has four shelves. I am dedicating each shelf to a toy that I played with as a kid. I have one shelf left and I want to display some Battle Beasts. I do not own any currently. Here is what I know about them so far. They were produced in Japan in the mid 80’s and distributed by Hasbro here. I know there are three series and an extra series called laser beasts. There are a ton of them. Outside of Wikipedia, is there a place to see all the options? Which ones have value or rarity? Here are a couple pics of my displays I’m working on. 

CDBDB90E-864F-4AF6-827E-0235FDB19AE6.jpeg

AB09B1CF-2FD1-4A2C-A724-3AFAE4D79A8E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Summydad1 said:

I need some advice/knowledge about Battle Beasts. I have two book cases in my cave. Each has four shelves. I am dedicating each shelf to a toy that I played with as a kid. I have one shelf left and I want to display some Battle Beasts. I do not own any currently. Here is what I know about them so far. They were produced in Japan in the mid 80’s and distributed by Hasbro here. I know there are three series and an extra series called laser beasts. There are a ton of them. Outside of Wikipedia, is there a place to see all the options? Which ones have value or rarity? Here are a couple pics of my displays I’m working on. 

CDBDB90E-864F-4AF6-827E-0235FDB19AE6.jpeg

AB09B1CF-2FD1-4A2C-A724-3AFAE4D79A8E.jpeg

Great looking set up!

Not sure if it's complete, but this checklist at Transformerland may give you a head start. I've used them a lot in the past for IDing parts for Transformers. As for value, nothing here, but I'd recommend using this list to find the ones you're interested in, and do a search on ebay for completed listings. That's usually the best way to gauge general value these days. Good luck!

https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/battle-beasts/battle-beasts/

31 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Great looking set up!

Not sure if it's complete, but this checklist at Transformerland may give you a head start. I've used them a lot in the past for IDing parts for Transformers. As for value, nothing here, but I'd recommend using this list to find the ones you're interested in, and do a search on ebay for completed listings. That's usually the best way to gauge general value these days. Good luck!

https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/battle-beasts/battle-beasts/

Thank you and thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So... Apparently I developed time travel... 

9941DA46-B30F-4585-AA38-DDEF8C363C32.jpeg

Ha, it is a bit disconcerting in the toy aisles these days, but also cool. I didn't realize that the Headmasters were up next on the reissue block, that's pretty awesome. Hardhead was the first Headmaster I had, always loved that one. We may need that Ghost popper as well.

46 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Picked up a personal grail today.  

Not cheap, but not expensive either.

Very happy to have it.

Patrick20210214_165853.thumb.jpg.52ed27c5fcd6a2dca3d3769889a18b69.jpg

20210214_165125.jpg

20210214_165144.jpg

Great piece. All the rockets and the logo on the driver looks really sharp :)

Congrats!

33 minutes ago, 707comics said:

Great piece. All the rockets and the logo on the driver looks really sharp :)

Congrats!

Thanks!  That driver is insanely nice.  Got the driver with the OG box in the back and the black Hiss about a year ago for the huge sum of $30. 

The Blackbox and attached cord are the coolest part.  How any survived is amazing. 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

4 hours ago, whisp said:

Nice find.  I have had one of those put away for ages now and been searching for the black stand for the launch computer.  How much you pay for it?

How dare you.  Why I oughta...

I paid $150.  Not too shabby based on the current rate and they aren't too common.  I do have another red Hiss too.

The stand is connected by a thin wire that doesn't travel very far.  Thought I was going to break it numerous times.

Patrick

On 2/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

Well, as expected, prices on Cara Dune figures popped as Hasbro sent BBTS a notification that preorders would not be fulfilled. 

Thanks for the heads up Buzzetta. I had two. One 3.75" was added to an order of mine as a freebie. The other a Goodwill store find of the 6" credit collection for $6. Crazy money they are selling for...