• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,308 posts in this topic

When I saw the news, I thought about picking up a couple to hold onto. They were never really easy to find (at least around here) and now we know they'll never be rereleased, so they seem like a solid investment. However, there are three different versions (the original Vintage Collection, the Walmart Exclusive Carbonite Collection, and the Credit version that @mytastebud has here) and prices have already double overnight. Last night there were a few still available for $60 or so. Now it seems like all of them are hovering around $100. I personally would want the original Vintage Collection figure, since it was first out of the gate, but it's already gone beyond what I'd want to pay for one. I guess I'll hold out hope that I'll turn one up around here locally. You never know!

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Why will there never be a reedition star wars does them all the time why not?

Disney has cut all ties with the actress who portrays the character, Gina Carano, due to statements she's made on social media. So, they fired her from the show, and canceled all merchandise in her image. I suppose it's possible they could recast at some point, but even so, this particular version of this character won't be seen again.

21 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

Guess I should post a picture.  Found at a local Goodwill store in Orange County. Card was in good shape and I have no problem removing their price sticker and black marker code (if its on the plastic).

Here in this neck of the woods Goodwill gets overflow from Target stores so I find good un opened action figures at least once a month. All Orange County locations give a discount to retired military and I take advantage of that too.

11 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

When I saw the news, I thought about picking up a couple to hold onto. They were never really easy to find (at least around here) and now we know they'll never be rereleased, so they seem like a solid investment. However, there are three different versions (the original Vintage Collection, the Walmart Exclusive Carbonite Collection, and the Credit version that @mytastebud has here) and prices have already double overnight. Last night there were a few still available for $60 or so. Now it seems like all of them are hovering around $100. I personally would want the original Vintage Collection figure, since it was first out of the gate, but it's already gone beyond what I'd want to pay for one. I guess I'll hold out hope that I'll turn one up around here locally. You never know!

I think that prices are going to settle down.  The prices on these figures are astronomical compared to production runs and part of me believes that there is a form of spite buying going on increasing the value.  I have an unopened original 3.75" only because I forgot I had it.  Star Wars collectors are pretty savvy and the price will settle down.

However, as much as I love Lego, a lot of the Lego collectors are um... not so bright.  I picked up two AT-ST Mandalorian sets as that was the only set the figure was offered in.  Lego will probably follow suit and pull her from all future plans.   Eventually she may go the way of Ahsoka's Rebel's figure. 

On 2/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think that prices are going to settle down.  The prices on these figures are astronomical compared to production runs and part of me believes that there is a form of spite buying going on increasing the value.  I have an unopened original 3.75" only because I forgot I had it.  Star Wars collectors are pretty savvy and the price will settle down.

However, as much as I love Lego, a lot of the Lego collectors are um... not so bright.  I picked up two AT-ST Mandalorian sets as that was the only set the figure was offered in.  Lego will probably follow suit and pull her from all future plans.   Eventually she may go the way of Ahsoka's Rebel's figure. 

Yep. Just like when they "retired" the Leia-Slave action figures five or six years ago. The $5 Slave-Leia "Power of The Force" AF instantly shot to over $100. But they are $5 again. 

10 hours ago, jcjames said:

Yep. Just like when they "retired" the Leia-Slave action figures five or six years ago. The $5 Slave-Leia "Power of The Force" AF instantly shot to over $100. But they are $5 again. 

That's a good point. Even if something is taken out of circulation, there are still already zillions of pieces out there.

@jcjames @F For Fake

What is strange to me about the Leia as Jabba's slave girl figure is that there are two versions that maintained their value.

The POTF2 one climbed down to become bin fodder. 

The Legacy version is up there but includes a secondary set of pack in legs so she can sit down on Jabba's throne. 

The Vintage Collection version is the SAME version as the Legacy release but it is missing the alternate legs. 

Then there is another Vintage Collection version from the deleted scene release that is the SAME version as the the Legacy version, missing the alternate legs but comes with the sandstorm gear. 

The one that goes for the most is the Vintage Collection version with the least accessories and that is only because of the card art.

potfleiaslave.jpg

NEW-092.jpg

TVC-1947.jpg

LEIA_DELETED-27.jpg

On 2/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, followtheleader said:

How dare you.  Why I oughta...

I paid $150.  Not too shabby based on the current rate and they aren't too common.  I do have another red Hiss too.

The stand is connected by a thin wire that doesn't travel very far.  Thought I was going to break it numerous times.

Patrick

That is not a bad price since it is a harder rarer vehicle and plus the stand is usually  missing.

lookingforblackstand.jpg

Edited by whisp

45 minutes ago, jcjames said:

The POTF one was the one that really shot up and then came down. I don't see the card making that big of a difference.

POTF (card or slide) - under $15

Sandstorm & Legacy = under $100

ROTJ = up to $150/$200

Did you ever buy from Tunghori?  Kills me that he left eBay lol   He has his own website but it is not the same.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Did you ever buy from Tunghori?  Kills me that he left eBay lol   He has his own website but it is not the same.

Never heard of him. Story?

ETA: Also I forgot to mention the ROTJ Slave-Leia include the "Return" of the Jedi and the "Revenge" of the Jedi (which I think are going for more for obvious reasons)

Edited by jcjames

Just now, jcjames said:

Never heard of him. Story?

https://www.tunghori.com/

All loose... I purchased a few to see the difference between those that I was getting on the card and could not discern any differences.  The color strike, patterns, feel, and quality of paint were the same.  The only differences I ever noticed was that the Rebel Soldiers sold through him did not have a skirt. 

So the question remains as to whether they were production samples to test quality control or whether they were <ahem> liberated from the factory floor, or if they were remainder stock or a combination of all of them. 

On 2/12/2021 at 10:13 AM, Buzzetta said:

So... Apparently I developed time travel... 

9941DA46-B30F-4585-AA38-DDEF8C363C32.jpeg

Wow! I wish I could find those MOTU figures up here in the Great White North ... the Ghostbusters figures too.

11 hours ago, whisp said:

That is not a bad price since it is a harder rarer vehicle and plus the stand is usually  missing.

lookingforblackstand.jpg

Agreed. 

The stand sold for $100 2 days ago. 

Complete sets sell for $400-600 in recent days.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=joe+sms&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=95123&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1

I'm glad w/ the price.  They are not common pieces to find and the money went to good friend. 

Patrick