• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

So here is a question... 

While everyone was scooping up Cara Dune figures, I went to grab a lego set or two...   I picked up one of these for $40 and I ordered one directly from Lego for $50. 

Today I get a message that the set is backordered again and this time until March...   Is it a set worth keeping an extra one to exploit the heck out of at some point down the line since this is the only set that Cara Dune is currently offered in?   Lego is giving me the opportunity to cancel my order and I am debating doing that since I now have one sealed copy and I could save myself the $54 and change. 

Pros

• It's the only set Cara Dune is offered in
  • This might be the ONLY set Cara Dune is ever offered in

Cons

• There are a LOT of these out there.  This was the first and only Mandalorian set until the Razor Crest was produced.
  • Since so many of these were sold Cara Dune is out there in great quantity.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.24.59 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So here is a question... 

While everyone was scooping up Cara Dune figures, I went to grab a lego set or two...   I picked up one of these for $40 and I ordered one directly from Lego for $50. 

Today I get a message that the set is backordered again and this time until March...   Is it a set worth keeping an extra one to exploit the heck out of at some point down the line since this is the only set that Cara Dune is currently offered in?   Lego is giving me the opportunity to cancel my order and I am debating doing that since I now have one sealed copy and I could save myself the $54 and change. 

Pros

Cons

• There are a LOT of these out there.  This was the first and only Mandalorian set until the Razor Crest was produced.

Keep it. It's sold out everywhere (Target, WM, where ever else). This will end up being like the Ahsoka and Droid set (7551).

On 2/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

So here is a question... 

Pros

Cons

I don't think the set is worth paying full price at this point.  Cara Dune isn't a popular enough character to invest in and the set was close to retirement anyway. There should be a ton of Cara Dune's out in the public. There are also plenty of minifigs that have only appeared in only one retired set and the value has stayed affordable. Director Krennic's Shuttle was a much cooler build and had a few exclusive minifigs that may never appear again and those minifigs can still be had at reasonable prices. 2c

Studio Series 86' Grimlock and Jazz arrived two months earlier than the projected release date... pics for scale... 

I am beyond impressed with Grimlock.  If they make the other ones in this scale and price point, I will be selling off all of the older incarnations.   There are no leg gaps.  The side profile is streamlined.  Wheelie is kind of useless as he is more of an accessory than anything else.  They could have at least given him knee joints to stand.     They are really giving us junior masterpieces at a fraction of the cost.  

:takeit: 

63622507685__DF2A801A-E726-458D-9599-5956996F8BBA.jpeg

IMG_2210.jpeg

63622343621__C798A3FA-ED6C-44ED-8F0D-49FB2503AC4C.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

63622341087__C698746F-077A-4DEE-9679-D9FBA187D8BD.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Studio Series 86' Grimlock and Jazz arrived two months earlier than the projected release date... pics for scale... 

I am beyond impressed with Grimlock.  If they make the other ones in this scale and price point, I will be selling off all of the older incarnations.   There are no leg gaps.  The side profile is streamlined.  Wheelie is kind of useless as he is more of an accessory than anything else.  They could have at least given him knee joints to stand.     They are really giving us junior masterpieces at a fraction of the cost.  

:takeit: 

63622507685__DF2A801A-E726-458D-9599-5956996F8BBA.jpeg

IMG_2210.jpeg

63622343621__C798A3FA-ED6C-44ED-8F0D-49FB2503AC4C.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

63622341087__C698746F-077A-4DEE-9679-D9FBA187D8BD.jpeg

Is there a Galvatron in this series?

20 minutes ago, RearAdmiralSwank said:

Is there a Galvatron in this series?

So far:

Blur, Cyclonus, Scourge, Grimlock, Jazz, Kup, and Hot Rod.

Rumored are the remaining dinobots at this scale and price point over the next few years. 

War for Cybertron Arcee is an honorable mention that was recently released and fits into the scale and line... 

Galvatron ?  I would image he is coming as the last one was a headmaster.  I would assume that there has to be a new Springer coming as well since the last one came out years ago. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.43.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.43.21 PM.png