• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2021 at 6:58 PM, littledoom said:

He said he's really busy buying vintage figures

Hi guys! Good to hear from everyone. I’ve had some up & downs the last couple of months. On the upside I’ve been diving in the vintage toy market. Some mask but mostly a lot of joes. It’s a lot of work at times but I enjoy finding new homes for the joes. I’ll post some pics soon. Cheers  

4 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A few highlights I found real quick. Came across an opportunity to buy a defiant a couple hours away for a great price so I jumped on it. Took forever to clean it but it came out real nice. Only bummer is the crawler has a busted door and I’ll have to do the mod so the weight can go on a board with casters Instead of snapping off the wheels. 

Also finished my custom display cases. Now I wish I had made more lol 

0D460DD2-BEF2-4E4B-925B-5B72D39529E1.jpeg

8794150B-ECF4-4F08-A379-5E3E6D309AF0.jpeg

15E66550-8DAD-4EB8-A5BE-80A70003AD20.jpeg

A4DAA31C-195D-4713-BB8A-737A0932AE62.jpeg

2601A6BB-AC8C-44BA-8FE9-10659D63B2FD.jpeg

04775ED7-FA44-477A-8685-071993939485.jpeg

Must be nice to be rich!

Cases look great.

Don't fret on the defiant.   Virtually none are defect free.  

Mine has the front gun issue.  That was a dumb designed and I'm not sure how to replace.  

The shuttle is so cool.  Especially the simple but awesome space walk.  That wire, if OG, is very expensive.  

If you're not aware, there are 2 designs to the defiant.  You can tell by the cabin of the shuttle.  1 has a stand that will prop the cover, the other does not.  

Love the character selection in the case.  Just swap the Capt Grid Iron for someone like Destro.

Patrick

20 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

Since the book just arrived, I had to get the Marvel Legends figures to match.

20210312_115940.jpg

Best 1:12 scale Hulk figure ever made, and the body on the Wolverine is the best 1:12 version of him, too.  Whether or not you like the first appearance style is up to each of us...I know I prefer the GS X-Men 1 re-styling of the tiger stripe costume more than this one, but this one is fine.

Edited by fantastic_four

18 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I like the tight/short ear wings on Wolverine. 

Must suck owning that 181. 

Patrick

I would give this a 'laugh' emoji but I cannot, so I will go old school CGC boards and leave this... 

:whee:

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Best 1:12 scale Hulk figure ever made, and the body on the Wolverine is the best 1:12 version of him, too.  Whether or not you like the first appearance style is up to each of us...I know I prefer the GS X-Men 1 re-styling of the tiger stripe costume more than this one, but this one is fine.

There's one fatal flaw in Hasbro's recent Wolverine figures--the claws are absolutely terrible because they don't plug in securely to the hands and point off in odd, non-parallel directions.  It's an odd mix of a figure in that the body is absolutely spectacular and the bar-none best 1:12 scale Wolverine on the market, yet the claws are spectacularly bad.  Hasbro has some improved claws that are far more sturdy for last year's X-Force costumed Wolverine pictured at right in the image below.  At left is the Hasbro tiger stripe Wolverine figure with some third-party metal claws inserted into the hands; I also have these in my first appearance Wolverine from the same 2-pack you just showed pictures of.  Since I bought these the creator has released two alternate styles linked below.  I have all three styles, and I think I like the third exaggerated style best.

Metal claws version 1 (these are the ones in my pic below on the left):  https://www.canofbeams.com/shop/the-claw-kit-stainless-steel-upgrade-kit

Metal claws version 2:  https://www.canofbeams.com/shop/claw-kit-style-2

Metal claws version 3:  https://www.canofbeams.com/shop/claw-kit-style-2-znnk3

ACtC-3eUsE-Fr_S3yYkco0Ogc9PtIiYt5IiW9KOQ

4 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Must be nice to be rich!

Cases look great.

Don't fret on the defiant.   Virtually none are defect free.  

Mine has the front gun issue.  That was a dumb designed and I'm not sure how to replace.  

The shuttle is so cool.  Especially the simple but awesome space walk.  That wire, if OG, is very expensive.  

If you're not aware, there are 2 designs to the defiant.  You can tell by the cabin of the shuttle.  1 has a stand that will prop the cover, the other does not.  

Love the character selection in the case.  Just swap the Capt Grid Iron for someone like Destro.

Patrick

Thanks. Not rich. Just willing to go far and work hard to build the collection. I paid $300 for the defiant so I was pretty stoked. Just got to chase down a terrordrome still lol. Display cases I built myself from a shot glass case to save a few bucks

I think mine is the cabin with the stand. The wire is not the original but works great. The case in the picture is the good guy case. Destro is in the bad guy case to the right. The left case is the OG case of 82 - 83 figs

3 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks. Not rich. Just willing to go far and work hard to build the collection. I paid $300 for the defiant so I was pretty stoked. Just got to chase down a terrordrome still lol. Display cases I built myself from a shot glass case to save a few bucks

I think mine is the cabin with the stand. The wire is not the original but works great. The case in the picture is the good guy case. Destro is in the bad guy case to the right. The left case is the OG case of 82 - 83 figs

Brah, I was joking about the rich.  

If you'd like, post some pics of the other cases.

The umbilical would be very easy to replicate.  It's why I would never buy one off of E-bay.  Surprised someone isn't doing that like crazy (just find the right guage and cut, dirty a little).

It's one accessory I've been darn lucky to find multiple. 

Patrick

11 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Found a tomahawk box in the wild today. I love it. It was one of my favorite vehicles that I had as a kid.

D27B71AF-D1CB-4A87-8C52-1132198ACA03.jpeg

Nice! I have been looking for boxes lately but everything I have run across looks like it was hit by a truck and then a group of kids with bats. On top of that, they still want a premium price for them hahahaha.

19 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Found a tomahawk box in the wild today. I love it. It was one of my favorite vehicles that I had as a kid.

D27B71AF-D1CB-4A87-8C52-1132198ACA03.jpeg

Great stuff as always, great to see ya back, Stormy! This weekend I ran across a Tomahawk with a decent box, but Lift Ticket was missing the mic, of course. Maybe I should have picked it up, but these days I seem to have less trouble finding the box than I do finding the mic!

So, there were a lot of toys in my weekend. Stuff is stacked up, and I went back to work today (we've worked from home for the last year, to the day) so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to get everything sorted. So here are some quick pics.

First, on Saturday, I decided to return to the "Consumer Mall" a couple of hours away, and really dig in. The wife stayed home since our niece was visiting, so I let them have a "Girls Night", and I spent the entire day digging through this place. I actually didn't buy a ton of toys, but I found a few things worth having. Several DC Direct Superman pieces at nice prices; another short saber long tray SW figure; a pretty nice carded Toy Biz Superman (I think the card on this one is nicer than the one I already have, but the figure I already have is brighter; may keep them both, may sell this one); and other stuff.

I don't collect the GI Joe vs Cobra era of the line, but I liked the Viper in this "Bonus Pack". I think it's identical to the 2002 version included in the Mirage 2 pack, but I still thought this particular packaging variation was kind of unique and bizarre.

Also, I've never been a fan of "The Corps", but have been very surprised in recent years how the line is heavily collected and enjoyed by a lot of GI Joe collectors. This Laser Force figure on card for $11 seemed like a good deal, and the light-up feature still works! May toss this one up for auction, as I don't collect the line, but i couldn't leave it behind.

And finally, another Bubble Bath/Soakie figure for the collection!

So, this was Saturday (plus a giant stack of cheap comics)...

IMG_9883.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9892.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

IMG_9879.JPG

IMG_9867.JPG

IMG_9870.JPG

IMG_9873.JPG

IMG_9890.JPG

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Great stuff as always, great to see ya back, Stormy! This weekend I ran across a Tomahawk with a decent box, but Lift Ticket was missing the mic, of course. Maybe I should have picked it up, but these days I seem to have less trouble finding the box than I do finding the mic!

Any more, the mic is a nice-to-have.  Virtually impossible to get. 

Based on that, makes me wonder why Lift Ticket isn't in the same price realm as WORMS. 

Grab that boxed item and ship it to me.  I need MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE toys.

Patrick

...I actually ended up buying nearly as much stuff at the small town WalMart I stopped at on the way to the toy mall.

This was the first time I've seen the Blurr/Kup/Jazz figures from the 86 line. Grabbed them so quickly, I didn't realize until I got them home that the top of every box was torn, as whoever put them up for sale apparently thought that they had to tear the box to get the plastic hanger to pop into place. I may return them, haven't decided. This was also the first time I've seen the R.E.D. figures in person. I really like these. They're small, so I'm not sure about the $18 price point, but these are really the Transformers toys I wanted as a kid: they don't transform at all, but they're completely faithful to the character designs from the cartoon, with lots of great details. I may need all of these.

Also finally saw evidence of the NECA Alien WalMart exclusive wave, but still no Ash, and I'm not wanting to spend $50 for him on eBay. Brickseek doesn't show anything withint 200 miles, so I may be searching for a while. Hopefully there will be a refresh.

Also picked up another piece from the latest wave of Lanard Aliens figures. These things are so bizarre, but not bad at all for $10.

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

...I actually ended up buying nearly as much stuff at the small town WalMart I stopped at on the way to the toy mall.

This was the first time I've seen the Blurr/Kup/Jazz figures from the 86 line. Grabbed them so quickly, I didn't realize until I got them home that the top of every box was torn, as whoever put them up for sale apparently thought that they had to tear the box to get the plastic hanger to pop into place. I may return them, haven't decided. This was also the first time I've seen the R.E.D. figures in person. I really like these. They're small, so I'm not sure about the $18 price point, but these are really the Transformers toys I wanted as a kid: they don't transform at all, but they're completely faithful to the character designs from the cartoon, with lots of great details. I may need all of these.

Also finally saw evidence of the NECA Alien WalMart exclusive wave, but still no Ash, and I'm not wanting to spend $50 for him on eBay. Brickseek doesn't show anything withint 200 miles, so I may be searching for a while. Hopefully there will be a refresh.

Also picked up another piece from the latest wave of Lanard Aliens figures. These things are so bizarre, but not bad at all for $10.

IMG_3254.JPG

I wound up tossing the boxes on Kup and Jazz.  They are really well designed.  If you find Grimlock, I am telling you... it is the best incarnation of the figure ... evah. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I wound up tossing the boxes on Kup and Jazz.  They are really well designed.  If you find Grimlock, I am telling you... it is the best incarnation of the figure ... evah. 

I've got the Grimlock set ordered at BBTS, it looks lovely. I'm also oddly excited for the Wheelie figure!

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I've got the Grimlock set ordered at BBTS, it looks lovely. I'm also oddly excited for the Wheelie figure!

You are going to be soooo disappointed by the Wheelie figure. It is forever kneeling.  I would have been perfectly fine omitting it if they had added a sword and a rocket launcher.   It's a five point of articulation figure and it does have it's merits... but I REALLY would have liked a dedicated wheelie in this scale that could transform that would have been available as a separate purchase. 

Make no mistake about it though, this is the definitive Grimlock.   At this price point, why even bother spending $200 on a Masterpiece?

63755015890__36DE0418-AD01-4472-A1DB-090C1B45CE09.thumb.jpeg.1495a3df7e7a4496acb428d20ae0b936.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta