• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

Loving the Lego.

One of the reasons I have been substantially dividing up the GI Joe SW and TF collections and started to sell off a lot of the raw comics is because I want to make space in my basement for a larger lego setup.  I have it in my head that I basically want a model train layout.  Right now I have the equivalent of a rather large dining room table with a train loop.  In that loop are all the modulars that Lego has produced since they started the line.  

I want to get a bit more... creative though.  

The idea is to use a section of the space in the basement to frame around the wall in an L to do a bending loop with a secondary line or a yard.  

I want to clear out more though. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Loving the Lego.

One of the reasons I have been substantially dividing up the GI Joe SW and TF collections and started to sell off a lot of the raw comics is because I want to make space in my basement for a larger lego setup.  I have it in my head that I basically want a model train layout.  Right now I have the equivalent of a rather large dining room table with a train loop.  In that loop are all the modulars that Lego has produced since they started the line.  

I want to get a bit more... creative though.  

The idea is to use a section of the space in the basement to frame around the wall in an L to do a bending loop with a secondary line or a yard.  

I want to clear out more though. 

I want a lego set that builds-a giant lego-

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I want a lego set that builds-a giant lego-

I think it's cute when you try to be a smart alec and then ... well... this. 

And with that.... bed. or nap... I have to get up and finish some work for work tomorrow. 

Edited by Buzzetta

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think it's cute when you try to be a smart alec and then ... well... this. 

And with that.... bed. or nap... I have to get up and finish some work for work tomorrow. 

Thats not a giant lego. :makepoint:

My new covid mask... 😲

Motorized Iron Man Helmet in action.  The is the closest to a real Iron Man helmet you can get now.  

It also uses voice control to activate different modes. 😎

The face plate opens in multiple pieces in sequential steps. It also has a remote that allows opening and closing, and activation of light up effects. 👍

This is very cool, but if you have a big head it may not fit you 😁

It's a really cool toy for any Iron Man fan 👍

So a carded series 1 straight arm Snake Eyes (AFA graded 85)  just sold at Heritage .... for $26,400.  :blush:  80s Joes seem to be in that nostalgic sweet spot right now for many collectors.  

6 minutes ago, Mickey7 said:

So a carded series 1 straight arm Snake Eyes (AFA graded 85)  just sold at Heritage .... for $26,400.  :blush:  80s Joes seem to be in that nostalgic sweet spot right now for many collectors.  

That's crazy dollars. 

Hit overdrive about 5 years.  

Felt like it's been a little on the slower side, in comparison to other growing collectibles, in the last year.  

But I honestly believe that's because 80s toys were going crazy prior to the pandemic whereas a lot of other collectibles had been stagnant for a bit. 

Patrick 

2 hours ago, Mickey7 said:

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

That's crazy dollars. 

Hit overdrive about 5 years.  

Felt like it's been a little on the slower side, in comparison to other growing collectibles, in the last year.  

But I honestly believe that's because 80s toys were going crazy prior to the pandemic whereas a lot of other collectibles had been stagnant for a bit. 

Patrick 

My thoughts on Joe MOC is already well known.  So the seller passes the hot potato off to someone else. 

19 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

My thoughts on Joe MOC is already well known.  So the seller passes the hot potato off to someone else. 

What are your thoughts onJoe MAMA?

8 hours ago, Mickey7 said:

I had a 9-back no snap-on text AFA 80 (or 85, I forget) that I sold in 2005/6 for $3900. That was such a big deal to me at the time...

Again, not really a "toy", but this still seems like the best thread to post in. A few months ago I finally landed a nice sealed copy of the Alien game by Green Valley, and now, at long last, I've got a sealed copy of Aliens the Computer Game! I've been searching for one of these, sealed, for a long time. About a month ago, one popped up on eBay, and I put in what I thought was a pretty aggressive bid of $200. It sold for $203 or thereabouts, I just missed it. Didn't think I'd find another one, when suddenly I get an ebay alert a couple of days ago, a BIN of $100. Couldn't believe my eyes, but I snapped it up! It got here two days later. So happy to have it. 

I had to save and save and save to get this game when I was a kid, and I played the ever loving carp out of it. Lots of great memories here.

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG