• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Interesting... Disney+ figures are being kept under wraps for now. I guess there is a spoiler in the Falcon and the Winter Solider assortment that they cannot show off. They made mention that the Wandavision pictures are out there. 

It's the BAF and the design for the Falcon figure that's preventing them from revealing the Disney Plus wave.  The BAF leaked, and what it is won't show up probably until the final episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier in two weeks.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Legends scale Galactus was just teased / hinted at for the next Haslab project. 

Yep.  It seemed all but assured Galactus would be next when Dwight said during one of their streams about the Sentinel that they had made a prototype of Galactus but decided that going with an army-builder figure would make it easier to hit the funding target.  They crushed the target for the Sentinel, so using the prototype they already had for the figure most people would want makes their next project a no-brainer.

Went to a toy show today. 

1st in over a year. 

I'm curious, what has your experience been at the shows in the last year?  Attendance, dealers, selection, etc? 

This show is pretty unique.  It has a WIDE variety.  Obviously the stuff I want in small quantities (70s/80s/action figures), the Hot Wheels crowd is insane, the tractors/trucks toys are a massive attraction around here, and so on.  

Every once in awhile, people will bring 2-3 boxes of comics.  This show had a number of vendors that had comics.  

It was interesting to watch what people asked for and bought.  Spawn and X-men were the most frequent requests by a mile.  

It's just a MUCH different comic crowd, but things were moving. 

I'll post pics of some toys after work today.

Patrick 

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

1st in over a year. 

I'm curious, what has your experience been at the shows in the last year?  Attendance, dealers, selection, etc? 

This show is pretty unique.  It has a WIDE variety.  Obviously the stuff I want in small quantities (70s/80s/action figures), the Hot Wheels crowd is insane, the tractors/trucks toys are a massive attraction around here, and so on.  

Every once in awhile, people will bring 2-3 boxes of comics.  This show had a number of vendors that had comics.  

It was interesting to watch what people asked for and bought.  Spawn and X-men were the most frequent requests by a mile.  

Patrick 

Can't wait 

I see things like this and I get closer and closer to selling off every vintage figure I have.

I have straight arm Snake Eyes, more swivel Scarletts, Snake Eyes v1.5 and more.. perfectly white Storm shadow... these keep going up and up and I am reaching the point where I wonder if it is time to sell.  Unlike comics, it is not about selling before the bubble pops but before plastic itself does. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 5.36.39 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

12 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Eh, it was on sale.

A457BA53-A274-4459-B8BF-7A60300EAF7B.thumb.jpeg.06708b49d0003a41a25c8d009496183b.jpeg

Plus I really needed these two.

EF8AE062-BC70-426B-81CF-0F35A0B32365.thumb.jpeg.d96d313e86eb4d35c400c04fa7c13938.jpeg

This is the set that Lego purposely overpriced because they knew it was either spend the $40, wait for the sale... or miss it and wind up paying $100 just to get the Ahsoka figure.   I also picked it up when I saw it on sale specifically for Ahsoka.   It's a nice looking set on its own though. 

Double points supposedly soon btw.   That's when I will pick up the police station. 

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This is the set that Lego purposely overpriced because they knew it was either spend the $40, wait for the sale... or miss it and wind up paying $100 just to get the Ahsoka figure.   I also picked it up when I saw it on sale specifically for Ahsoka.   It's a nice looking set on its own though. 

Double points supposedly soon btw.   That's when I will pick up the police station. 

I wonder if there is any merit to the rumor of an upcoming battle pack with Ahsoka and the orange troopers.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:18 PM, followtheleader said:

1st in over a year. 

Patrick 

I've only been to two shows since the pandemic hit. One was the annual summer GI Joe show that I attended as a dealer with my friend, and the other was their first ever winter show, back in January. Both were very well attended, and the organizers did a good job of making sure everyone was masked, distanced, etc. I'll admit, I was sweating bullets after the July show, because we were fully in the thrall of COVID at that time. Setting up at a toy show didn't seem like a smart idea, but we'd already paid for the booth and I hated to miss it. We got lucky, everyone stayed healthy. I wouldn't have done that again, though. The January show was much smaller, by design, but still well attended. Since these were put on as "GI Joe shows", that is obviously the thrust and focus, but you'll see other things there as well. One guy brought Marvel Legends and DC figures, and was completely sold out by end of the second day (a local dealer bought was was left of his stock, which was well picked by that time.)

Now that I'm vaccinated, I'm ready to get out there and pick and hunt. I'm still going to be wearing a mask...maybe for the rest of my life. No good reason NOT to, other than discomfort. And I've got my gloves, and hand sanitizer, and keep my distance. But I'm definitely ready for summer shows, and expect I'm not the only one.

Really, more than anything, I'm hoping that estate sales/auctions and garage/yard sales pick up soon. Last year was super dead, and no surprise there. But that's where I score most of my best deals ,so I'm hoping they rebound this spring. By the time toys end up at a show, or an antique store, they've already been marked up. The dealers are getting their stuff the same place I am, at those auctions and sales. Time to get pickin'!

Looking forward to the pics!