• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

When I first head this term I literally said, "Huh"... then it made sense...

The stuff is addictive.

I know that there are a few hardcore collectors on these boards and some very knowledgable people in this area.

So share what you want, what you picked up and discuss anything you find interesting.

Plastic%20Crack.jpg

That is one fantastic Star Wars figure.

Interesting you should create this thread today as I just picked up this Superman figure yesterday. I hardly ever buy any toys but this one I just had to have. I believe this is a 1984, 1/12 back Canadian edition because of the dual language (English/French) and the Poster offer instead of the Fan Club offer.

KuUfqWV.jpg

I believe this is a 1984, 1/12 back Canadian edition because of the dual language (English/French) and the Poster offer instead of the Fan Club offer.

Yep, that's correct, unless it's Australian. Have a pic of the back? Excellent figure. :)

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Just got it yesterday. Toys R Us put it on clearance. Our son will have the ultimate Mega Bloks Call of Duty set once he gets to be 7 or 8. I've been buying them for years waiting for the day we get to crack them open.

2795 pieces on this one.

The Hoovercraft

Hovercraft_zpsxfqnyofl.jpg

That is one fantastic Star Wars figure.

Interesting you should create this thread today as I just picked up this Superman figure yesterday. I hardly ever buy any toys but this one I just had to have. I believe this is a 1984, 1/12 back Canadian edition because of the dual language (English/French) and the Poster offer instead of the Fan Club offer.

KuUfqWV.jpg

:cloud9:

I had almost all the Super Powers figures when I was a kid...before I was even a comic book fan. I knew who Superman, Batman, wonder Woman, Joker, and Penguin were...the rest of them I was clueless about even though I had the figures. My favorite ended up being Firestorm...I loved the way that figure looked.

That's definitely Canadian: it says so on the front of the cardback below the Kenner logo.

Again, unless it's Australian. Need a picture of the back to confirm/deny.

Says Toronto on the front, pretty sure its Canadian if distributed from there

My favorite ended up being Firestorm...I loved the way that figure looked.

firestorm.jpg

:headbang: ...and unpunched too! :luhv:

Wow!!! Looks like it just came off the production line.

I definitely agree - original Kenner bubbles without yellowing from that period are worth the price of admission alone.

Here's an image of the back of that Superman figure.

I've also included an image of my other carded Super Powers figures. I bought the rest myself back in the 80's when they were on clearance. Unfortunately the Steppenwolf card has had the original price sticker pulled off. If I remember right, they were in a bin marked clearance- $1.00 each and the price stickers were pulled off of all of them like this. I think I chose this one because it was the only one in the bin that I didn't already have. Wow, has that been 30+ years ago already?

HbfIacA.jpg

YgfSgUK.jpg