• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

Beautiful stuff, Chip. I had a lot of it, and also had to give a lot of it up as well.

I particularly love the Secret Wars stuff. That is amazing! Here is the lone SW figure I hung onto:

aw2st5.jpg

This is the figure that started the collecting sickness in me. I saw it at a comic show at a local mall. It was $30. I was only 8 or 9 at the time, $30 may as well have been $3000. I drew up a contract with my parents and asked that if they bought it for me, I'd give all of my allowance, do extra chores, whatever it took. They caved and bought it for me, and despite all of the things I've bought and sold in the 30 years since, I've never let this one go.

That SW Iceman is in beautiful condition..WOW!

Interested in selling it? :)

:baiting:

This is the figure that started the collecting sickness in me. I saw it at a comic show at a local mall. It was $30. I was only 8 or 9 at the time, $30 may as well have been $3000. I drew up a contract with my parents and asked that if they bought it for me, I'd give all of my allowance, do extra chores, whatever it took. They caved and bought it for me, and despite all of the things I've bought and sold in the 30 years since, I've never let this one go.

Starting to open up my mail from the last week and a half. Don't ask... I've been busy and let it pile up.

This bad boy was in the mix.

Hasbro has seemingly abandoned making modern releases with full articulation of the classic Dinobots. Third party unlicensed vendors have created their own molds based off the Hasbro / Takara intellectual property and have fully engineered high quality plastic crack on par or of better quality than Hasbro / Takara have produced. Toy World of Japan is one such company that makes high quality "transforming figures". These companies escape (I guess) litigation by not placing Autobot or Decepticon marks on their robots.

So... I always loved Snarl and since Hasbro has not modernized it... I picked up a Toy World Roar figure designated TW-D01.

I also threw in an original Snarl for a size comparison. I have to say, this thing is sturdy and has some weight to it. It is marketed as an adult collectable toy but it is sturdier than the stuff marketed to kids. It carries a heftier price tag than Hasbro mass releases but there is definitely a higher quality thing going on.

Item is fully articulated and able to bend at the knees, hips, waist, arms, neck, swivel arm battle grip elbows and hands. It has ankle articulation as well as shoulder articulation allowing for the arms to swivel up and down and in and out. There are a lot of poses this thing can make.

7489B808-3FAB-4034-8A84-D3A270583846.jpg

737DFD0C-BEDF-4647-9105-5D51B6FE9277.jpg

E4E18CDB-3849-450F-B862-460285F8F4B1.jpg

43324F97-B672-41BD-AC64-AFE71FFEC224.jpg

AC3B0CAD-51F9-49B5-AE01-77377018C03F.jpg

Hasbro Toy Shop is selling items on eBay and some of them are cheaper than they are on their own website AND they are offering free shipping.

I picked out a Transformer but here is a listing for all of their Marvel Universe figures:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comic-Book-Heroes/158671/m.html?item=222026112423&_ssn=hasbro-toy-shop&_sop=15

I bought a gigantic G1 collection about 2 weeks ago.

Guy strolls out with an enormous box; he could barely carry it.

Got it for a great price.

Granted, 1/3 of it went straight into a trash because the pieces were so destroyed that they couldn't be salvaged.

Nearly every Headmaster from both series were included. Best part were the bags and bags of accessories. Nearly every Headmaster had all of the accessories and head.

All of the Predacons, Constructicons,Trypticon, Scorponok, and on and on.

Box even had a bunch of Voltron, some Gobots, random Joes, Robotech, etc.

Pretty fun purchase.

Patrick

Forgot to mention that I sold the majority of it within a few days.

I only kept the stuff that I didn't have for my collection.

I largely kept the 2nd series Headmasters. It's the smaller versions that I thought people didn't really care about. But was dead wrong as they pull a healthy $120 each on a regular basis.

Best part, for me, was that the later stuff was in great shape. Most of the stuff pitched was the 1st 2 series. Did end up pitching some cool items though like a good chunk of Reflector.

Sixshot was in the collection too and I ended up letting that one go because I already had it. But it's such a great figure that I almost kept him. Same with Scorponok, but couldn't justify having 3 complete figures.

Patrick

AC3B0CAD-51F9-49B5-AE01-77377018C03F.jpg

I've stayed away from buying third party masterpieces due to budget restrictions, but this one makes me want to get in on it. (thumbs u

Thanks ! It really is a pretty cool.

This wasn't even a third party Masterpiece though. They have been making those even bigger to keep them in scale. I believe that I paid a little more than $100 for the Toy World version. The Masterpiece sizes are retailing at $200 a pop.

I did recently buy another third party transformer without hesitation. Hasbro has the rights to the Go-Bots name but not the actual designs so the classic designs cannot be modernized. Third party took care of that and I have this waiting for me in my pile of loot at BBTS. This is the last one I am getting for a while...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ACT10011&mode=retail

ACT10011.jpg

ACT10011.jpg

ACT10011.jpg

Buzz your plastic collection is really overshadowing your shoes.

As for Snarl, he is also my favorite dinobot. Only because Stegosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs