• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

Certain figures like the theatre edition Luke or your Fetts, etc. will sell for massive premiums if they are C9 or better and you get them slabbed. If you have C10 you are talking crazy money.

Make sure none of your Boba Fetts are no the rare versions with the markings on the hand and double check all of your Luke & Vader trays for short saber error.

Back in the 90's I ended up by fluke luck getting two Luke error saber red cards in a store and a Vader.

What do you mean? I have one of the "Half-circle" Fetts pictures above. Is there a different one?

I picked up a Godzilla toy from 1985 on the weekend. I got it for less than a buck.

IMG_7988_zpssrdwicf2.jpg

20151204_165943_zps6attdzp6.jpg

I've considered buying the U.S.S Flagg, but it's just so big that I don't know where I could display it. My man cave is overflowing with stuff as it is, and my significant other would kill me if I put it anywhere else in the house. I guess I could put it in my pool. Does anyone know if it floats?

Had someone answer my ad and picked-up the items pictured below. Everything - boxes, contents and even loose figs - were in incredible condition. The boxed toys are all complete and everything is the French/English bilingual version. It was an original owner collection and interestingly, many of the figures had string tying the weapon to the figures wrist. In all my years buying/collecting action figures, never saw anyone use such an ingenuous idea, and it's what led to 26 complete figures, 2 with one accessory missing to complete, 5 incomplete with about 10 spare accessories/weapons. I just had to keep the string on 'em when I put them in the blister protectors I use to store all my figures :)

DSCF8070_zpsvlddeqrh.jpg

loose_figs_zpssvvumqzn.jpg

Had someone answer my ad and picked-up the items pictured below. Everything - boxes, contents and even loose figs - were in incredible condition. The boxed toys are all complete and everything is the French/English bilingual version. It was an original owner collection and interestingly, many of the figures had string tying the weapon to the figures wrist. In all my years buying/collecting action figures, never saw anyone use such an ingenuous idea, and it's what led to 26 complete figures, 2 with one accessory missing to complete, 5 incomplete with about 10 spare accessories/weapons. I just had to keep the string on 'em when I put them in the blister protectors I use to store all my figures :)

DSCF8070_zpsvlddeqrh.jpg

loose_figs_zpssvvumqzn.jpg

Nice pickup! I miss my Voltron's

Certain figures like the theatre edition Luke or your Fetts, etc. will sell for massive premiums if they are C9 or better and you get them slabbed. If you have C10 you are talking crazy money.

Make sure none of your Boba Fetts are no the rare versions with the markings on the hand and double check all of your Luke & Vader trays for short saber error.

Back in the 90's I ended up by fluke luck getting two Luke error saber red cards in a store and a Vader.

What do you mean? I have one of the "Half-circle" Fetts pictures above. Is there a different one?

Yes there were three variants. Full circle as well and one with no circle. But I think the no circle variant did not come on the single red POTF card. I have to do a little digging. There might be one more I am forgetting. One of them is worth uber money or at least was when I traded mine up.

I picked up a Godzilla toy from 1985 on the weekend. I got it for less than a buck.

IMG_7988_zpssrdwicf2.jpg

20151204_165943_zps6attdzp6.jpg

I've considered buying the U.S.S Flagg, but it's just so big that I don't know where I could display it. My man cave is overflowing with stuff as it is, and my significant other would kill me if I put it anywhere else in the house. I guess I could put it in my pool. Does anyone know if it floats?

Is it a Dormei Chinese issue?

We all remember the Flagg is huge. But it's entirely another thing when you need to store it. Twice as rough if you are fortunate enough to get the box as it's absurdly huge. You're thinking the right way, your lady might kill you.

Patrick

Yes there were three variants. Full circle as well and one with no circle. But I think the no circle variant did not come on the single red POTF card. I have to do a little digging. There might be one more I am forgetting. One of them is worth uber money or at least was when I traded mine up.

Found it. There is another variant where he has a circle on the right hand and nothing on the left hand. Now I just have to remember which mint on sealed card version I traded. I am pretty sure full circles on both hands was the second version. So your half circles on hands is the first version.

Ah! Gotcha. Looks like the one with no circles on the hands on the green card is the really rare one. Unfortunately I don't have that one.

The Trapjaw is awesome.

Haven't been able to buy many He-mans in the last year.

Patrick

Thanks. Yea it's in really good condition. I think it would grade pretty good, but I haven't dived into submitting stuff to AFA yet (I just buy stuff other people have graded). I don't really understand all the tiers, but haven't really sit down to figure it out either.

It has some sticker residue in the top right corner that I think will come off when I get a chance to clean it up. Real straight card, nice corners, and the unpunched peg hole. Was really happy with that one.