• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2024 at 2:52 AM, OtherEric said:

cutter.jpg

This looks like a magic trick I had as a kid, the basic idea is it has what looks like a moving blade that you can pull out the top, you put something in the larger hole, and you push it down.  The blade appears in the lower hole but has passed through whatever was in the bigger hole.

I say "blade", it was a piece of semi-tough plastic.  It might cut a soft french fry in the lower hole on a good day; it couldn't break skin.

I love it! This is the sort of thing I'd have had no idea about, and now I get the identification AND a good story! Can't beat it, thanks!

Happy surprise! I was starting the process of cleaning up all of these toys, and realized that the DK-1 "Red Sunstreaker" had the pilot inside. Score!

IMG_9554.JPG

On 4/15/2024 at 10:33 AM, F For Fake said:

Happy surprise! I was starting the process of cleaning up all of these toys, and realized that the DK-1 "Red Sunstreaker" had the pilot inside. Score!

IMG_9554.JPG

OMG what a score! Congratulations mate!!!! 

On 4/15/2024 at 2:37 AM, Cat said:

OMG what a score! Congratulations mate!!!! 

Thanks bud! I mean, these little guys are almost NEVER there, I hadn't even thought to check until I lifted the hood to clean the car. First time it's ever happened for me!

Mad props to CGA for releasing their population reports again. This is leaps and bounds better than the previous iteration, and is really slick. It can be a little clunky in terms of trying to figure out the correct criteria to improve relevance matching, and as such, I'd imagine this will increase the amount of search attempts until users figure out which are the best keywords or combinations of search fields to use. The person who gave me the heads up was locked out for suspicious activity, so I'd recommend giving at least 30 seconds between each search to avoid this, as I'm certain it's meant to eliminate bots scraping data from their site.

However, what they have done to federate the search across four different subsiadaries, which includes AFA, and especially, how they integrated the serial-look-ups with the population data is a massive improvement, and one that other graders should emulate (that includes CGC). The unknown of course with any pop reports is that you really don't know how quickly the data will populate after grading, but this is a welcome upgrade to be able to perform simple verification for graded toys under the CGA umbrella. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.feb0c0a279045958a07b1242df661f95.jpg

CGA-serial-lookup.thumb.png.9fb3d08960e1f57e66c79e03e1bb7077.png

CGA-model-info.png.c2f25fc1efca9b06f137caf7d36624b1.png

CGA-pop-data.thumb.png.a40d3f2c57478fcfaff58ab6fb32841d.png

Edited by comicwiz