• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I had to do 'something' for April Fools 

You totally got me, I have to admit. I was already panicking about where I was going to find a space to put it...

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I buy early JP's like these when I run across them. 

Not worth much, but super cool.  

Though the cards are a throwback to yesteryear, I really like them as an inclusion. 

Nice shape, looks like they just came off the hooks at a store. 

I sure don't remember a Dimetrodon in the 1st movie. 

Patrick

20190401_205438.jpg

So cool! I think the JP line is so neat, and I dabbled a little bit a long time ago, when they first launched, but didn't hold onto any of it. There have been times when I've considered going back to the line, because to my mind, JP was the last of the truly great old school summer blockbusters, and the toy line was great. But I've got enough on my collecting plate. So, it's up to you to keep posting pics!

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I sure don't remember a Dimetrodon in the 1st movie. 

There hasn't been one in ANY of the films.

I've been considering doing dinosaur dioramas for years but never took the plunge.   Most of the best figures aren't attached to Jurassic Park; the best ones I've seen are from a French company called Papo.  Below is a recent tyrannosaur from them.  Main problem with Papo is that they don't do articulation; now that I'm back into action figures I'd probably demand articulated dinosaurs now.

tyrannosaurus-rex-2016-papo-running-mult

Edited by fantastic_four

40 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

do you guys have reccomendations for cases for displaying your carded figures? Im trying to protect my recent pickups but still have them display...

Elaborate.  Which line of figures?  For Super Powers carded figures I buy ToyShield.

In the same vein, a feebay seller recently posted a loose Super Powers Superman figure with a clamshell case that allowed a reproduction (or original, if you have one) cardback to be placed in the shell with the figure.  I asked the seller if they knew who makes the clamshell, but they did not.  Can anyone here help me?  I really want some of these.  Link to the feebay listing should show below....

143194305824?hash=item21570bb520:g:DXMAA

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

There hasn't been one in ANY of the films.

I've been considering doing dinosaur dioramas for years but never took the plunge.   Most of the best figures aren't attached to Jurassic Park; the best ones I've seen are from a French company called Papo.  Below is a recent tyrannosaur from them.  Main problem with Papo is that they don't do articulation; now that I'm back into action figures I'd probably demand articulated dinosaurs now.

tyrannosaurus-rex-2016-papo-running-mult

Yeah, I figured it wasn't in the films.  Kenner was clearly just producing "cool looking" dinos for the 1st film (which is also why the figures didn't look like the actors). 

That T-Rex is amazing.  Though not as detailed, I'm a huge fan of T-Rex JP-09 and JP-28.   Love that JP-28 could swallow a guy in cage. 

I'll post something different tonight. 

Patrick 

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

Elaborate.  Which line of figures?  For Super Powers carded figures I buy ToyShield.

yes deatils would make sense *headsmack*

in this case Im looking to protect/display a Battlebeast MOC.It measures 9"×6" and about 1.5" deep at the bubble. 

20190402_200234.thumb.jpg.bb96a62d82c81201cca28788fd938d41.jpg

G1 Monsterbot picked up this weekend.

A complete version is not cheap.  

The wings are really the bread & butter of the toy.  

Just like the MOTU Saurod figure, it throws sparks out of the mouth when a button is pressed.  Seems mildly dangerous for a kid to have, but guess I never did hear anything bad happened. 

The monster form is a little odd, but the robot form is pretty cool. 

I'm a big fan of DoubleCross.  But no bueno for Repugnus. 

Patrick

20190402_193654.jpg

18 hours ago, miraclemet said:

yes deatils would make sense *headsmack*

in this case Im looking to protect/display a Battlebeast MOC.It measures 9"×6" and about 1.5" deep at the bubble. 

So I've found the Protech Star Case 4 that looks right, and also found a producer called Zoloworld that would work. 

Anyone have any experience with the Zoloworld ones? https://zoloworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_83&products_id=46

43 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

So I've found the Protech Star Case 4 that looks right, and also found a producer called Zoloworld that would work. 

Anyone have any experience with the Zoloworld ones? https://zoloworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_83&products_id=46

The reason I like the Toyshield cases is because the face of the clamshell is flat all the way to the edge of the card that it protects.  This way, you have full visibility of the cardback and toy (they also have a pedestal base for free-standing display).  I have one Zolo case, and I just don't like that the shell bubble distorts the display of the cardback.  I have some Star cases for Star Wars toys, and those are nice.  I don't know if Star makes a case for Super Powers.  One thing that I don't like too much about most of these cases is that the clamshell depth is large, and storage space is filled up quickly.

I love Battle Beasts.  I pick up loose figures whenever I find them cheap.

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

The reason I like the Toyshield cases is because the face of the clamshell is flat all the way to the edge of the card that it protects.  This way, you have full visibility of the cardback and toy (they also have a pedestal base for free-standing display).  

thry look good, but they dont have one to fit the 6x9" size, they're either too tall or too wide!

Edited by miraclemet

On 4/1/2019 at 5:55 PM, Buzzetta said:

The next Haslab Project is up and running. 

Hasbro Haslab is caving into another massive request.  The GI Joe Flagg from GI Joe Resolute.

GI Joe Resolute was a 2009 cartoon movie that was far better than the cartoon written by Warren Ellis. The movie was VERY well received and many fans said that it was what Rise of Cobra should have been.  Either way Hasbro released a toy line centered around it.  In 2011 Hasbro revealed the mockup for the Resolute Flagg at Joe Con along with several other items that they said were in the vault for a future release. General's Joes showed the pics HERE and here are the pics from the 2012 show of the prototypes that were vaulted from Hisstank HERE.  Almost all of the figures have found their way into the hands of collectors and now it is possible that the Resolute Flagg may as well. 

Hasbro is asking $650 for this thing which while it is slightly larger than the barge it is almost twice as wide.  While it is mostly a shell with drawers it features twin launchpads and that are skyhawk sized a working comm tower as well as a working elevator to store your mini jets and planes in the bowels of the aircraft carrier.   The only images currently up are the prototype mockups.  I took the liberty of including reference material from the cartoon to compare. 

Preorders opened today and will close on May 1st. If there are 5500 units preordered Hasbro will go ahead and produce the Resolute Flagg. 

Specs: 

• One US Flagg 
  • Dimensions: 58" length, 22" width, 23" height.
  • Features multiple storage and entry points, dual launch pads, lift and lock elevator and lower "sea level" launch pads.
  • Exclusive Admiral Keel Haul Figure with Commemorative Stand
  • Exclusive Shipwreck Figure with Commemorative Stand
  • Exclusive Torpedo Figure with Commemorative Stand

Projected ship date is 3rd Quarter of 2020 if the project is given a go.

Yo Joe !

More info from HASLAB preorder

03_Resolute_Flagg.jpg

01_Resolute_Flagg.jpg

resolute-ep2-0003_1240011616.jpg

Resolute-flagg.jpg

This is mean man. I stopped everything to read over that post. I was excited as G.I. Joe Resolute is the best thing to come out of that series since the old cartoon movie. I haven't really got into the recent comics except for a few first issues from the IDW series and the G.I. Joe / Danger Girl crossover. You put way too much effort into making that seem real. I hope Hasbro saw that post and will actually make it.

Picked up the 2005 Toy Biz Apocalypse build-a-figure this week.  There are blue and a black color variants, and this is the black version.  I resisted buying this for a long time for the reasons I complained about a few months ago--I hate the big, dumb "A" on his costume, it just makes no sense for an ancient Egyptian who is thousands of years old to put an English letter on his costume--but I learned to ignore it.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this guy.  Perfection condition with tight joints, and his paint detailing, articulation, sculpt details, size, and overall quality exceeds ANYTHING Hasbro does these days.  The only way we'd ever get a better version of this guy is if Hot Toys did one, and I really do wish they'd do true 1:12 scale versions of Galactus, a Sentinel, and Apocalypse, because they each should be 2 to 4 feet tall even in that small of a scale.

I've also got the 2018 Hasbro Apocalypse build a figure now--or at least all the parts save one that's coming later this week--but he pales in comparison to the Toy Biz version, although certainly not in terms of the sculpt or paint which are both excellent, he's just nowhere near as impressive in size, scale, or VERY surprisingly in articulation which is really great on the Toy Biz version.  However since Apocalypse can change his size and form at will, having one version that's half the size of the other works for lots of poses, so I'm glad to have both.

bztfxxGI-zjeX8a_1olkYpEGgvChlkLNh4c6JUeAK8hnqaXkWy2ysCG3JUAAQL4TDgXtZA6bL2xu0epkXsMfNM8Vkl6hPao_6ZnLvhDsmBatRPUWz4jn8CENYU1EJxywKBRZvBPHk5DXZS_JwB-SgehkAxILGWHjBJqXlD6vZ_lCnR3NJj0UfbCbiVKx8xnZ-EWDMR6mm1Ix6hBZ5t0N9QC-DArSJItAZ3zG2cgktL1rnRFAlJGRS52vIAgjQUfFMfwFMCZWQQcfXDBaF1CcQWYSEf-pnzg24lBTF7MHPpxljTa-Nitjcx0nWp-xJTfr_SYmY0wYheTxurJz0rh5qnUAQle6GQxUepJ2bSTcsadk7_wiuoLQ6Seky_AbfXT0G-vSLvzpcWLTzuXUDPmOJ0qR4fIA9kd0DEX4CkBDwdPzsOAAHPhWoahRQwpRUZeUGnGzeSCeA1TVorwJG_z9DWEjVRvwBaEIovQMWdXT0ODQedRES1Po1mSuGTy-nOI7Tgd1kk-S-Anv1314kg2j-w-n7rr8fWeDiFM1pxa99T86dxnFiSzYy_RFHv1I0kQSvk0qgcZEiD7imZO92C96tOsozKqANXNYmkjJ6weiXEeDKk_CFTnTgHiLl4DZNHyMxVlDLivkZp1xxnQR2Xi9nYs4QyPOfZ1bdprGQbhrhvOmnOwOjDFqq34bVk0GQ5Ma2nET1p9wptk5sppmucecyrQI9w=w3024-h4032-no n1ETZceMswW4zrpSM5q_vHqza3fWZkj9fY867yyZrgGsVoPpJEYTRUGAAfZBJ4rTygjPHK5pSprjfm0cnud7zwY22_0dENi4A6SXdMcTI3pQTnMX6WI8YC7pXu_tw4BifXmP33XMvaYAJXcDA3-iAJMnGM8EwQkCFzSC7UcWVbXtVsYq5b-8y-ozHhivwuIhVUEfU4LlB5WDpUDZn8yWOjyauJd4mRkwkIfXrDY7TynzOXf5Y7xGNUBkMbBa56Z44gNfhSfk1WBeRmc0JN748AlTRvAY3q2cQOP8GoELX1PKUCBdUY0mDBdIwgQiwwXr1MssAq4G2NssfYn1FYyBdPdSRzd6UDyZPn3DDqheHbCP4W0_bvR43Ii3sdJSc6bZAlyS_7BiyKWm7ul5hxxy_eNQ4CfKTUfPMUh4mwS41Bp2Pumxt3tnT_d_5hHpfklA8csywNhyrn4dRFQImIUMnsnkPPBe6Ih-9Xb8Jx4xV8vo3S_jVc0bNMxPUPEhoq7dqWAcsJFOuBbnqbOssd67KBsdAO5XyJdkIsjDIL5cYy-WxWqN6xxIOUaQ_SB_x6ToqRta3UQESAcWU9YQ9PkfWNBmnOIAyhp2V23m751dOxus5sSjVFLEFmQAI8naW9cHwrIUmLIehdUDkrgUnW2cl9hEOteMekMCA72Vc0G51zap6qWFjjXfwF-GS1vfC31Ep0yC6WJJthFBQz9UiFz0m6z5UQ=w4032-h3024-no

Edited by fantastic_four

3 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

This is mean man. I stopped everything to read over that post. I was excited as G.I. Joe Resolute is the best thing to come out of that series since the old cartoon movie. I haven't really got into the recent comics except for a few first issues from the IDW series and the G.I. Joe / Danger Girl crossover. You put way too much effort into making that seem real. I hope Hasbro saw that post and will actually make it.

I thought 'lift and lock' elevator was a stroke of genius to tell the truth... lol 

I have a good one ready for next year.