• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, NoMan said:

Hey toy folk. A question. What's the Holy Grail of all toys. Regardless if you collect GI Joe, Transformers, this or that. What's the pinnacle of toy that would put you on easy street, Board Walk and Parkplace?

If you are looking for value... I guess the Rocket Fett... 

There is 'something' though that is on my target list that would be the coolest.  Thing is I had it in my grasp for $500 a few years ago and decided to throw that money toward comics.  The comics panned out and are worth more now... but that action figure is also worth a lot more.... now it goes for about $1500-2000... 

Once I get a new bathroom... by the end of the year... I am going to chase that figure again... 

Hopefully it will be a 2020 purchase. 

As a toy fan, I always read these when it hits my feed. 

They are rarely correct or valuable. 

This one made me laugh pretty hard.  So much wrong with it. 

If you have Breaker, you have a Fortune!

https://www.thegamer.com/kids-toys-80s-worth-fortune-today/

Patrick

After striking out last week I fell into a surprise collection this week right next to my house.

Still cleaning and trying to separate parts. Guy said they got the Flagg for Christmas and put it together, after a couple of months his mom made them put it up, he said it had been in his attic since then.

Still shocked to find it honestly.Looks to be about 30 loose figures in those bags including Keel Haul. 

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

Edited by PKJ

17 minutes ago, PKJ said:

After striking out last week I fell into a surprise collection this week right next to my house.

Still cleaning and trying to separate parts. Guy said they got the Flagg for Christmas and put it together, after a couple of months his mom made them put it up, he said it had been in his attack since then.

Still shocked to find it honestly.Looks to be about 30 loose figures in those bags including Keel Haul. 

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

Hey Now! Awesome! Glad it went to you rather than any alternatives! ^^

On 4/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

If you are looking for value... I guess the Rocket Fett... 

There is 'something' though that is on my target list that would be the coolest.  Thing is I had it in my grasp for $500 a few years ago and decided to throw that money toward comics.  The comics panned out and are worth more now... but that action figure is also worth a lot more.... now it goes for about $1500-2000... 

Once I get a new bathroom... by the end of the year... I am going to chase that figure again... 

Hopefully it will be a 2020 purchase. 

I would like to see that figure you are after.

For me there isn't a real grail toy that I can immediately name. Many of those toys are remade today as better figures like Hot Toys. If you gave me the choice of vintage Boba Fett with the firing missile or the modern Hot Toys 1/4 or 1/6 Boba Fett. I would sell the vintage figure and get the Hot Toys 1/4. Then use the rest of the money from the vintage figure to fund other toys probably for the rest of my life.

Maybe if I could get mint G.I. Joe Aircraft Carrier and Cobra Terrordrome sets. I would display the mint boxes and have the bases setup for display. That was probably the height of toy collecting for me. I guess that's another reason I was upset about that April Fool's joke one of you guys made. As if Hasbro released that Resolute Flagg plus with carded versions of the Resolute team. That's it for me. I'm sold on the full line. That was their chance to relaunch G.I. Joe in a good way to people that grew up with the show. Not with those crappy movies. Which I still haven't seen the second one.

Edited by GeneticNinja

17 hours ago, PKJ said:

Still cleaning and trying to separate parts. Guy said they got the Flagg for Christmas and put it together, after a couple of months his mom made them put it up, he said it had been in his attic since then.

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

Oh man, that's a dream haul, and a great story. Love those attic finds. Congrats!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Oh man, that's a dream haul, and a great story. Love those attic finds. Congrats!

I tell you I never anticipated anything like it within 5 miles from the house, not that it is earth shattering just haven't seen a FLagg for sale in the wild since the 90's.

It is missing a few parts and I will start looking for them(some may be here) but I wanted to get it together to see how to fit it into the collection room. I don't think my wife will let it stay on the "formal" side of the house.

Was able to put together 20 figures last night, there is another 20 with broken crotches or missing right legs (must have been a torture method as most of the Cobra's are missing right legs).

There are a ton of small parts in one of the bags, missiles, covers hatches etc. 

I did hit some parts with a bleaching method to get rid of the yellowing.

3CA78D27-503E-4547-BEA0-94AAA1B8EBE4.JPG

BA624390-F9C2-4811-9570-9D23F3F94F77.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

21 minutes ago, PKJ said:

I tell you I never anticipated anything like it within 5 miles from the house, not that it is earth shattering just haven't seen a FLagg for sale in the wild since the 90's.

It is missing a few parts and I will start looking for them(some may be here) but I wanted to get it together to see how to fit it into the collection room. I don't think my wife will let it stay on the "formal" side of the house.

Was able to put together 20 figures last night, there is another 20 with broken crotches or missing right legs (must have been a torture method as most of the Cobra's are missing right legs).

There are a ton of small parts in one of the bags, missiles, covers hatches etc. 

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

Sweet! Some of those little parts can be a real pain. My friend who bought my Flagg many years ago is STILL searching for a battery cover to the loudspeaker, the only thing he hasn't been able to find. Keel Haul's gun is a tough one too.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

How do you do that?

It is nothing special, it is a commercial peroxide solution, they use it to re clear soles of Jordan's turn Storm Shadow's white. Some of those products work then after a while the staining or yellowing comes right back. This mixture seems to last, but you can't keep it in the sun too long.

9 hours ago, Bird said:

https://www.bodnarsauction.com/auction/special-single-owner-toy-collection/

Huuuuuuge auction of Joe stuff. I will be there more likely than not but not to get this stuff. Feel free to PM me if you see something you cannot live without.

hm 

So how does this work?  Do I have to pre-register? 

@PeteFromPetesBasement 

9 hours ago, PKJ said:

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

Both a great find and nice job on getting it back into shape. 

If I hadn't of sold my duplicate parts, I would have made a deal with you to help complete it. 

Patrick 

20 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Sweet! Some of those little parts can be a real pain. My friend who bought my Flagg many years ago is STILL searching for a battery cover to the loudspeaker, the only thing he hasn't been able to find. Keel Haul's gun is a tough one too.

Thanks. I am finding small parts all over the place. Keel Haul's gun was located so that is secured. I originally thought it was just the deck and super structure and the guy set the price so for what I have into it I have a long ways to go before I am near what a complete one sells for.

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Both a great find and nice job on getting it back into shape. 

If I hadn't of sold my duplicate parts, I would have made a deal with you to help complete it. 

Patrick 

Thank Patrick. It will be a labor of love I am sure.

I already got in trouble for "playing" with Gi Joes until midnight the last two nights by the wife.

6 hours ago, PKJ said:

I already got in trouble for "playing" with Gi Joes until midnight the last two nights by the wife.

Somethings got to go...Has she got many bags?:bigsmile: I've never seen this play set but I can imagine having many hours playing with it, beautiful. Now I did see it featured on an episode of The Goldbergs and it looked massive.(thumbsu  

18 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

hm 

So how does this work?  Do I have to pre-register? 

@PeteFromPetesBasement 

It’s free admission and you register when you get there if you haven’t paid before   everybody has to wait in line anyway to get a number

On 5/3/2019 at 1:02 AM, followtheleader said:

Bought a G1 Countdown locally from a guy this weekend.

His brother recently passed and he's moving out of state. Toys don't appear to be of interest.  Super nice guy.  

The box is rough, but complete.  Surprisingly large for this figure/set.  I'll try to get a pic of the back later. 

All of the accessories were present and pristine.  Still included the original bags that they came in. 

Included the instructions and promotional paperwork.  

The crazy cardboard insert is present.  Definitely glad about that as this thing would be bouncing all over otherwise.  

Though I do enjoy getting the figures without stickers, I was bummed when the sticker sheet wasn't present.  

As I put the toy back in the insert and was pushing back in the box, I noticed something catching underneath. 

Sure enough, a monster sized sticker sheet was taped up underneath the insert (larger than an 8 x 11" sheet of paper).  Original tape from the 80s.  Has a fold from another party doing the same thing and likely not realizing it.  So large and in charge.  I'm faux rehabilitating it back to flatness.  

I'm quite pleased as I've been looking to get one for my collection for a long time. 

Patrick

20190428_091337.jpg

20190428_090338.jpg

20190428_125331.jpg

20190428_125031.jpg

I miss this.  I think this was the last Transformers set I had as a kid as I saved up my own money to get one.   It's one of the things I actually regret selling.  

However, I am definitely looking forward to the updated Omega Supreme since it includes an updated and modern Countdown figure. 

Awesome pickup.  From the looks of it, it is super clean.