• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG 

@fantastic_four You saw Unicron but didn't mention THIS... I am NOT backing Unicron... and I want to sleep on this... but there is a good chance I am backing this... 

1:1 Cookie Monster?  

When Master Replicas did the Kermit the Frog studio version with armature and original materials they charged $300.  I always regretted not getting that.  Now that, Hasbro is doing one, I have the possibility to own the closest thing I will ever have to a muppet? hm  The price is more than fair considering Kermit came out around 15 years ago.  I don't know where I would put this... but I know I need to find a place as I am seriously considering this.  Cookie Monster stands (yes, stands) at over three feet tall. 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/cookie-monster 

PRODUCT INCLUDES
  • Full-size, photorealistic, poseable Cookie Monster replica
  • 2 original artwork lithographs
  • Certificate of Authenticity 
  • To-be-revealed accessory 
  • Premium packaging celebrating 50 years of Cookie Monster
CONCEPT PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Height: 38 inches
  • Weight: 10 lbs. (of cookies)
  • Width: 20 inches
  • Depth: 19 inches
  • Fur: blue and tumbled
  • Eyes: googly

CookieMonster0045_updated_2000x.jpgCookieMonster0024_updated_2000x.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

I think Cookie Monster was just posted today at some point.  Cool stuff!

Love that X-Men cover recreation, it's my desktop background.  The left part of the poster is cropped in comicwiz's picture; it featured Professor X and the only new figure reveal, a new Jean Grey that nobody has seen before this poster that everyone is assuming will get announced tomorrow night at San Diego Comic-Con.  I've got those versions of all the figures in the pic except the Jean that nobody has and the three new ones that should be out within a week or two (Storm, Iceman, and Colossus).  I'm also lacking Magneto's shield, Iceman's bridge, Jean's telekinesis effect and a Cyclops optic blast...GET ON RELEASING THOSE, HASBRO!  :taptaptap:

5-1562878636708.png

Edited by fantastic_four

50 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG 

@fantastic_four You saw Unicron but didn't mention THIS... I am NOT backing Unicron... and I want to sleep on this... but there is a good chance I am backing this... 

1:1 Cookie Monster?  

When Master Replicas did the Kermit the Frog studio version with armature and original materials they charged $300.  I always regretted not getting that.  Now that, Hasbro is doing one, I have the possibility to own the closest thing I will ever have to a muppet? hm  The price is more than fair considering Kermit came out around 15 years ago.  I don't know where I would put this... but I know I need to find a place as I am seriously considering this.  Cookie Monster stands (yes, stands) at over three feet tall. 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/cookie-monster 

PRODUCT INCLUDES
  • Full-size, photorealistic, poseable Cookie Monster replica
  • 2 original artwork lithographs
  • Certificate of Authenticity 
  • To-be-revealed accessory 
  • Premium packaging celebrating 50 years of Cookie Monster
CONCEPT PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Height: 38 inches
  • Weight: 10 lbs. (of cookies)
  • Width: 20 inches
  • Depth: 19 inches
  • Fur: blue and tumbled
  • Eyes: googly

CookieMonster0045_updated_2000x.jpgCookieMonster0024_updated_2000x.jpg

Don't come crying to us when you have no cookies in your house!  :P

On 7/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Actually had this a few years but finally decided to open it up. I know this one had QC issue and they got better with each turtle but I really like this. Now i want the others lol

4FC3AB55-DDFE-4B27-A2C7-9679F4518418.thumb.jpeg.da31f4a627149f0c232291696f05a189.jpeg

I'm surprised this passed the censors.  Who thought this would be appropriate for kids?!! :insane:

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Cookie monster...has legs??? This makes me uncomfortable.

It's modeled from the photo puppet. So it is slightly smaller than the actual torso puppet. 

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Photo_puppet

6 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

Thought I'd show some of these before I dust them off, re-bag them and store them in totes again. Cool thread I didnt know existed, or just forgot. I love me some plastic.

20190718_153805.jpg

20190718_153859.jpg

20190718_153811.jpg

Awesome! Stick around! :foryou:

Unless you need the shelving for gold bars... if so I accept platinum :devil:

(:

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome! Stick around! :foryou:

Unless you need the shelving for gold bars... if so I accept platinum :devil:

(:

I literally have 4 closets full of Mego, GI Joe, Thundercats, Motu, cast Iron, tin, Hot Toys, misc 80s and more Transformers. I dont think my house will ever be big enough to display them all at once (shrug) The wife wants em down, so they gone. Ha.

35 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

I literally have 4 closets full of Mego, GI Joe, Thundercats, Motu, cast Iron, tin, Hot Toys, misc 80s and more Transformers. I dont think my house will ever be big enough to display them all at once (shrug) The wife wants em down, so they gone. Ha.

Joes and certain parts of certain transformers from the 80’s have become so brittle over time that I would not recommend storing them in totes.  I would get a bunch of hard shell plastic bins at the minimum. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Joes and certain parts of certain transformers from the 80’s have become so brittle over time that I would not recommend storing them in totes.  I would get a bunch of hard shell plastic bins at the minimum. 

Appreciate the suggestion, they are all individually bagged without oxygen before they get toted. I hear ya.

26 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

Appreciate the suggestion, they are all individually bagged without oxygen before they get toted. I hear ya.

It’s always the oxygen but sometimes just the age.  The ABS plastic that they used has turned brittle over time with different pieces molded in different colors experiencing more problems than others. 

A couple of weeks ago someone posted a picture online of their GI Joe Wolverine tow cable.  They said it had been attached over the years and snapped.  It turns out that it wound up shrinking (according to him) from a lack of humidity. 

Either way... there have been several plastic degradation posts on here where even carded Joes and other plastic figures have elbow cracks just from the age of the plastic. 

The soft totes might be okay now and definitely back then but if you want to extend the life of those figures I would buy some type of Rubbermaid or something just to give them a bit more protection. 

Your stuff though... so you know best.  

Yeah I had a Talking Afro Commander Action Joe from 70 who's chalky plastic shoulders split earlier this year, but it was from the guy I got it from storing it in a garage drawer for 20 years. All my other toys I've had forever, and they are in solid condition. I do use the hard rubbermaid totes with the locking snaps. I just have always called the totes. I additionally seal all loose figures and weapons individually in zip locks inside the totes. It has worked very well so far, but I'm always open to suggestions for preservation.

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It’s always the oxygen but sometimes just the age.  The ABS plastic that they used has turned brittle over time with different pieces molded in different colors experiencing more problems than others. 

A couple of weeks ago someone posted a picture online of their GI Joe Wolverine tow cable.  They said it had been attached over the years and snapped.  It turns out that it wound up shrinking (according to him) from a lack of humidity. 

Either way... there have been several plastic degradation posts on here where even carded Joes and other plastic figures have elbow cracks just from the age of the plastic. 

The soft totes might be okay now and definitely back then but if you want to extend the life of those figures I would buy some type of Rubbermaid or something just to give them a bit more protection. 

Your stuff though... so you know best.  

Want to note an other reason why some parts deteriorate faster than others is because GI Joe isn't just made of ABS .  Its made of polystyrene, HDPE, PVC and the list goes on.

As you have seen I scratch build and when I am doing that I am using a welding liquid in which some Joe parts work very well when welding and others don't so know for fact it isn't all the same plastics used.

I always store my stuff in rubbermaid bins in which all my figures are bagged and carded and stored safe.  Even then some of the elbows will crack over time.  I had a APC stored in a bin with the lid on with nothing inside the vehicle and one of my seat belts broke grrrrrrr.  Wasn't happy about that since those seatbelts are hard to get unbroken.  But it sitting in a bin not touched in years and when I went to go do some sorting found it broken.  It was installed in its pegs.  Since that day anything I know that is easily broken is unattached from the vehicle and stored separate and even sometime bubbled wrapped.  I just got the bird for Raptor and I double bubble wrapped that bird with support on the feet.

Its plastic.  Eventually it will all fall apart.  :(