• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, whisp said:

Want to note an other reason why some parts deteriorate faster than others is because GI Joe isn't just made of ABS .  Its made of polystyrene, HDPE, PVC and the list goes on.

As you have seen I scratch build and when I am doing that I am using a welding liquid in which some Joe parts work very well when welding and others don't so know for fact it isn't all the same plastics used.

I always store my stuff in rubbermaid bins in which all my figures are bagged and carded and stored safe.  Even then some of the elbows will crack over time.  I had a APC stored in a bin with the lid on with nothing inside the vehicle and one of my seat belts broke grrrrrrr.  Wasn't happy about that since those seatbelts are hard to get unbroken.  But it sitting in a bin not touched in years and when I went to go do some sorting found it broken.  It was installed in its pegs.  Since that day anything I know that is easily broken is unattached from the vehicle and stored separate and even sometime bubbled wrapped.  I just got the bird for Raptor and I double bubble wrapped that bird with support on the feet.

Its plastic.  Eventually it will all fall apart.  :(

Definitely... 

Did you see the post that the guy made either on FB or Hisstank about his Wolverine Tow Cable?  The thing actually shrank and snapped at the connection points.

As much as I love my vintage... I have been selling them but am keeping my moderns.   I am saving some of the originals I have had since a kid and am keeping them in Iain's single figure clamshells for added protection.  I would like to hold on to some of them over the next ten years or so... but will fondly look at my moderns.  They might be 'rubbery' but I think they have the ability to last until someone puts me in a home and sells off all my stuff. 

Edited by Buzzetta

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG 

@fantastic_four You saw Unicron but didn't mention THIS... I am NOT backing Unicron... and I want to sleep on this... but there is a good chance I am backing this... 

1:1 Cookie Monster?  

When Master Replicas did the Kermit the Frog studio version with armature and original materials they charged $300.  I always regretted not getting that.  Now that, Hasbro is doing one, I have the possibility to own the closest thing I will ever have to a muppet? hm  The price is more than fair considering Kermit came out around 15 years ago.  I don't know where I would put this... but I know I need to find a place as I am seriously considering this.  Cookie Monster stands (yes, stands) at over three feet tall. 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/cookie-monster 

PRODUCT INCLUDES
  • Full-size, photorealistic, poseable Cookie Monster replica
  • 2 original artwork lithographs
  • Certificate of Authenticity 
  • To-be-revealed accessory 
  • Premium packaging celebrating 50 years of Cookie Monster
CONCEPT PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Height: 38 inches
  • Weight: 10 lbs. (of cookies)
  • Width: 20 inches
  • Depth: 19 inches
  • Fur: blue and tumbled
  • Eyes: googly

CookieMonster0045_updated_2000x.jpgCookieMonster0024_updated_2000x.jpg

I am getting this :whee:

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Ever see the infamous Skipper doll?  Or some of these? 

Hmmmm... the Skipper intrigues me.  Never heard of it.  I'll have to look it up.

Those others are clearly.. uh... FANTASTIC!:roflmao:

So what am I missing? 

Ive got examples from: Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe, MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Starriors, Mantech, and Centurions.

I have on my "To Get" list:

He-Man, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Sectaurs, Bravestarr, Visionaries, Rock Lords, Supernaturals... oh and Voltron 

what else am I missing? Im focused on 1982-1987 toys, mostly figures, MoC...

20190701_221810.thumb.jpg.a6ecb6b22fef0efae1bee2ab5984282c.jpg

Edited by miraclemet

One of my all-time favs: Food Fighters!

Micronauts (though I'm more partial to Interchangeables)

Dino Riders are super legit.  Though as hell with all of the parts too. 

I was never a Ghostbuster toy fan.  But Marshmallow Man is a great display piece. 

No TMNT?  I know, mostly 90s.  But the originals were 1988.  Krang was always super cool. 

I'll think of more.  

Patrick

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

So what am I missing? 

Ive got examples from: Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe, MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Starriors, Mantech, and Centurions.

He-Man, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Sectaurs, Bravestarr, Visionaries, Rock Lords, Supernaturals... oh and Voltron 

Awesome collection!

Some of my favorites from the '80s:

• M.A.S.K. (1986 - 1988)
  • Rambo (Coleco!)
  • Indiana Jones (1982)
  • Army Ants (1987)

11 hours ago, miraclemet said:

So what am I missing? 

Star Comm starts in 1987

Eagle Force starts in 1982

Find a vintage Lego Set in the box.  Unopened is usually tough but some boxes were slip cases back then. 

Choose Your Own Adventure Books - Just because 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Air Raiders from Hasbro came out in 1987.  They had some cool looking vehicles and playsets at the time.

I remember the commercials for those  they were very cool! and someone on ebay must have bought out some backstock cause there are batches of mint unopened ones on ebay lately...

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Find a vintage Lego Set in the box.  Unopened is usually tough but some boxes were slip cases back then. 

Choose Your Own Adventure Books - Just because 

Ooh like the idea of a lego set...

and as far as the books...I think that was the first thing I started hunting down when I got the nostalgia kick...

though it was more for fringey CyoA books like Time Machine, Indiana Jones and the Lone Wolf series...

20190720_124626.thumb.jpg.1351e2da75819e668d2479c7387e928f.jpg

19 hours ago, miraclemet said:

So what am I missing? 

SUPER POWERS!!!!

23 hours ago, miraclemet said:

So what am I missing? 

Definitely M.A.SK.

20 hours ago, 707comics said:

Awesome collection!

Some of my favorites from the '80s:

• M.A.S.K. (1986 - 1988)
  • Rambo (Coleco!)
  • Indiana Jones (1982)
  • Army Ants (1987)

Maybe Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors too. I've had astonishingly large collections of both these and M.A.S.K. They are inexpensive, usually easy to find MIB and a lot of fun!

Does anyone know what the latest is with Hasbro openly selling the Jabba barge?  I still don't see it for sale.  I'm not interested in buying it, I'm more interested in their intent for the line.  The Hasbro Marvel guys at SDCC said they're looking to do a Marvel Haslab project but haven't decided what yet.