• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,332 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

It might not make it...

I just saw the SDCC exclusives will be available soon. Including the Ghostbuster Optimus Hasbro Pulse

Now I am glad that I have that Hasbro Pulse Premium membership.  They had offered it for free if you had placed an order at some point.  It seemed like a no brainer as you gained free shipping, ability to preorder, and a day earlier advantage at the SDCC exclusives.  Not bad... 

I am definitely interested in the Luke Jedi Destiny set and the throwback Fett for myself, and...maybe something else if it has big flip value. 

Concerning the G1 collection I bought.

The collection was definitely split between 1/2 of the early 84-86 years and the other 1/2 the later 88-90 years. 

Why?  One older brother, one younger brother. 

About 30% went to the garbage.  Truly beat up and was just time.  Largely compromised of the earlier year group.  Made me think of that evil kid from Toy Story who beat his toys.

Sold about 50% This was virtually the rest of the earlier group and a chunk of the later year group.  Some nice items, but ones that I have many of (like Devastator, mini bots, Ultra Magnus, etc).  Sold very fast and went for 4 times what I spent. 

Kept the remaining 20%.  That's a huge coup for me.  Primarily all in the later year group. Unfortunately, the collection didn't have any Headmasters.  There were quite a few Micromasters.  Happy with that as I don't have many in my collection and I've grown to enjoy them over the years.  I'll share a few later. 

Other info: 

Kept a few that I plan to sell later.  Collection had quite a few Pretenders.  I really dislike them, but I can't believe how much people pay for complete versions now.  Some are over $100.  It's one of the rare situations where the individual parts don't go for all that much, but people will pay chucks for a whole one (typically pieces stick out as the reason for the high cost). 

Tons of accessories were available.  You can often tell if toys were sold/taken out before by the presence of certain accessories.  This was straight-up, all accessories had corresponding toys. Many were complete. Only a couple damaged from poor storage.  I kept a lot of this. 

The Instruction Books were definitely meager.  But some present which is cool.  

On the flip side, there were quite a few unused sticker sheets.  Odd to see more sticker sheets than Instruction books.  But definitely made me happy. 

My wife nearly donated the collection.  We are packing to move and she thought it was close to the donation pile (and thought it looked trashy).  DOHHHHHHHHHHH

Patrick

On 8/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, Cocomonkey said:

Looks like enough other people agree that Hasbro way overpriced the Unicron figure...

https://kotaku.com/it-s-not-looking-good-for-hasbro-s-4-6-million-transfo-1837201292

Cookie Monster isn't looking great either, less than 500 of 3000 sponsors with 9 days left.

TIME FOR A MARVEL PROJECT!  :taptaptap:  My fear about that is they will go with the Quinjet first.  I could care less about that.  A fully-decked out Galactus or Sentinel, though...I'M ALL OVER IT!

On 8/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I got a couple display stands and a new Wolverine in. 

06C6DB83-F19F-4E6F-82C9-AD8084A69D32.jpeg

I got him too, mostly for the Wendigo part.  But I ended up liking him a lot, those newly-styled claws are great.  They stay straighter than the other Legends claws SO much better.

I replaced the claws in my Legends tiger stripe figure with stainless steel claws from a fan customizer who sells effect parts.  LOVE them so much better, but the X-Force Wolverine's claws are great too.  Comparison pic below.

Rd6y9ODN0Drxnv-Vr07N1reK13b6TKA3TuIOFCeA

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Cookie Monster isn't looking great either, less than 500 of 3000 sponsors with 9 days left.

TIME FOR A MARVEL PROJECT!  :taptaptap:  My fear about that is they will go with the Quinjet first.  I could care less about that.  A fully-decked out Galactus or Sentinel, though...I'M ALL OVER IT!

I am really hoping Cookie Monster is made.   The Unicron campaign is too lofty of a goal at 8,000 units and too hefty of a price at almost $600. Again, it is a licensed property and I believe the price should be at least in line with the barge.  I think they picked 8,000 units believing that the barge numbers (8,700+?) was a comparable number to gauge interest. 

Possible other Haslabs?  If Unicron fails I think they are going to go on the smaller scale.  

Marvel: I don't think they would go with a quinjet.  However I could see a full size Galactus or Sentinel though as that could be a $100 to $125 full size figure that would deliver some fan service while at the same time, keep the idea of the Haslab as viable. 

GI Joe: I see them offering figures through this model.  I could see them offering a run of retooled figures of the original 13 at a cost of $300-$350 for a set.  At the high end, maybe a Resolute Flag. 

I could also see Hasbro go the route of a figure subscription service like Fun Publications did when they had the GI Joe license and were delivering figures that Hasbro didn't think was worth developing for shelf space.  That's where we could start seeing reissues of Star Wars characters or all new versions of figures that Hasbro is not putting on the priority list. 

42 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Marvel: I don't think they would go with a quinjet.  However I could see a full size Galactus or Sentinel though as that could be a $100 to $125 full size figure that would deliver some fan service while at the same time, keep the idea of the Haslab as viable. 

They've already done sentinels and Galactus at that price point, so you'd think a Haslab project would be a far more elaborate and/or larger version of them.  And they're both great.  They were made for the 1:18 scale for 3.75" figures with Sentinel being 16" tall and Galactus 19"; they mostly share the same body but Galactus is taller with the huge hat.  So they could do a Haslab project to up-scale them to the 1:12 scale, although I'm not entirely sure people want 3 or 4 foot tall figures that wouldn't fit into most displays.  The Sentinel is still on Amazon now for $100.  Here's the Galactus below, when you press the button on his chest he has a dozen or so phrases he says like "I AM THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS!"  LOVE this guy, I got him about two months ago, but he was originally released in 2010.

IV_fpbc6Ghavgb4ehR4n0w4-WYnPiewVU0ILkPus

Edited by fantastic_four

10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

They've already done sentinels and Galactus at that price point, so you'd think a Haslab project would be a far more elaborate and/or larger version of them.  And they're both great.  They were made for the 1:18 scale for 3.75" figures with Sentinel being 16" tall and Galactus 19"; they mostly share the same body but Galactus is taller with the huge hat.  So they could do a Haslab project to up-scale them to the 1:12 scale, although I'm not entirely sure people want 3 or 4 foot tall figures that wouldn't fit into most displays.  The Sentinel is still on Amazon now for $100.  Here's the Galactus below, when you press the button on his chest he has a dozen or so phrases he says like "I AM THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS!"  LOVE this guy, I got him about two months ago, but he was originally released in 2010.

IV_fpbc6Ghavgb4ehR4n0w4-WYnPiewVU0ILkPus

I was actually thinking of a 3.5 foot tall Galactus... 

BTW... any chance you have the Marvel Universe sized Silver Surfer?  What does that look like compared to the Marvel Legends sized Galactus? 

I'm a board member in TF2005. The Hasbro Unicron threads have been fairly hot over there. Agreed that price is high for the everyday buyer and this thing is humongous!? 19 lbs of plastic! I'm sure there will be some defective parts or paint that comes with it too.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

Now I am glad that I have that Hasbro Pulse Premium membership.  They had offered it for free if you had placed an order at some point.  It seemed like a no brainer as you gained free shipping, ability to preorder, and a day earlier advantage at the SDCC exclusives.  Not bad... 

I am definitely interested in the Luke Jedi Destiny set and the throwback Fett for myself, and...maybe something else if it has big flip value. 

Question is, will they have the 2019 SDCC sticker on them? That's what sells.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Question is, will they have the 2019 SDCC sticker on them? That's what sells.

I believe they will.  In the old days of HasbroToyShop, on the few times I scored leftover SDCC stock, I am pretty sure they did. 

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I was actually thinking of a 3.5 foot tall Galactus... 

BTW... any chance you have the Marvel Universe sized Silver Surfer?  What does that look like compared to the Marvel Legends sized Galactus? 

I'm guessing a 3 to 4 foot Galactus would be $200+.  I'm hoping Hot Toys eventually does one if Haslab doesn't.  But even though I WANT one, I'm only 50% sure I'd actually buy it and still have it two years later.  3 to 4 feet is awfully big for a display.  I love Galactus, but the reason I switched from 1:6 scale statues to 1:12 scale figures is that you can fit so many more characters in so much less space.  I suspect Galactus would end up being parked on a floor alone somewhere outside of a display if he were half my height.

I have the Surfer that came with the Marvel Universe Galactus I pictured above, here he is next to the recent Legends Walgreens exclusive Surfer.

RNgJRJoKssbHKeIV_PQT_iu3JeqalpumNS0BePjX89-Tyv2_DnpwYg2ToXPKrwUu4rM5PdHiHu8q7IvIXogVIlqo2DACbnKm3CvVNvxRYelE2b7likfVQ1lj0SiR332SkAZzfzTnuk2LJCn4cZ-Hz3y4tpVYx3r5-_2E_qER-IMAw9HOTTat6tHvieQrFrtqEoIBCSFSBczd_KX5i54ivqz0ZFTtGdrpS17jhE9Zk5Z4YQxN-JQicVmfLiC8jwjxLFyiv8IxypNUUva7M6NEsC8pp54i48dNvBiDi04VfT4w1ISbbpO9XpMsIJhBv05ayHroPu47xuLBzhP2cw79ZObI0NOfhnykrqK7La-4-ML353rGG8_OhDKZZsGiZOhz5XeOxCXOjHvCtfSulQR1_aYJY8MRtIH3M9CEaLwlObju0FSGfAQ4xTvE8KJpzfC5mXFcxZ2Wxq-0btGZ6pYTyHH0-RQlPY8i5poHCQqRSfG2Eoy-UNI6pEAEKF16BAHGk4t0tkEZPDklf92cou0aU0VuOnKC09N3HfaSyJ4iLj9ijUmnUEkigii_BVMB_UqqEscbGc4e89-UjoJyPuFD--Ucm4_YKjZcOsi2kiOPvtaDTZSIZZHHx5-M_Am1VrQJkxRMBkqXucpfx0BoH7JvQknc8XQIgK7Asi2XVhvEk9MC1XSJotQAnlMxKIc-DScSIGalTF9AAyc4yas7rtMk_W-rmQ=w3024-h4032-no

Edited by fantastic_four

6 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Tons of awesome at an estate sale this morning. My buddy and I made the strategic move of ignoring some copper age comics and going straight for the toys. I’m stoked to finally get an SDF1 and a Mauler

71BA6151-3016-403A-9260-CDDB03A2F5CC.jpeg

8F5DE61B-2D5A-40F1-BED6-51568A43DDBA.jpeg

0D601134-B83B-443B-989F-DC1FD9061181.jpeg

16546CD8-A15B-4920-BB4D-7AC87D257C59.jpeg

The Mauler is not going to be cheap to complete.  Its one of those vehicles you really should look for complete since parts like the tow rope and antennas are not cheap let alone easy to find.  Make sure to get inside or shake it good to see if a lost mic is in it for the driver.  That mic is a rare and hard piece to get.

4 hours ago, whisp said:

The Mauler is not going to be cheap to complete.  Its one of those vehicles you really should look for complete since parts like the tow rope and antennas are not cheap let alone easy to find.  Make sure to get inside or shake it good to see if a lost mic is in it for the driver.  That mic is a rare and hard piece to get.

I only paid about $10 for the Mauler once we split everything. It’s missing 2 mudflaps, antennas, tow cable, 1 grenade launcher. It’s funny I heard a rattling and needed to clean out gunk from the exploded batteries so I took it all apart but the sound was just a Little Rock lol. I’m stoked have it though. The condition on all these vehicles is really nice. I look forward to getting everything nice and shiny over the weekend. Now that I picked up these vehicles I have an idea for a diorama I want to start on

On 8/17/2019 at 1:24 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I only paid about $10 for the Mauler once we split everything. It’s missing 2 mudflaps, antennas, tow cable, 1 grenade launcher. It’s funny I heard a rattling and needed to clean out gunk from the exploded batteries so I took it all apart but the sound was just a Little Rock lol. I’m stoked have it though. The condition on all these vehicles is really nice. I look forward to getting everything nice and shiny over the weekend. Now that I picked up these vehicles I have an idea for a diorama I want to start on

You are missing the extra bogie wheel that goes on the switch as well.  I have seen those on facebook go for $200 - $250 complete.  To buy all those parts you are missing you have to be extremely lucky or will have to pay roughly about $250 to get those parts and that is if you can find them.  Lot of people are trying to complete that vehicle.  That is why I stated in the end just better off to buy a complete one than go thru all the struggles to try and complete one.