• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2019 at 3:17 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

So I just received an email from Haslab saying they are extending the backing period of Unicron till October 6th.  They really want this to succeed.  Still not getting it though...

The period has been extended to October 6th which just so happens to be the last day of NYCC... I wonder if this means that Hasbro will return to the Javits Center... 

On 8/27/2019 at 7:24 AM, Buzzetta said:

I get a headache trying to figure who currently owns the rights to Robotech, who owns the right to distribute Robotech, and where they own those rights. 

:acclaim:

On 8/30/2019 at 12:46 AM, followtheleader said:

Other than Voltar, I agree about the coolness of the Grenadiers. 

Nullifier needs his helmet or he looks goofy.  

Not sure why, but I really like this version of Destro.  Love his little flying machine.  Most odd of all, his ornamental sword.  Not sure what the hell he'd do with that in a Joe battle. 

Ferret and Iron G are great.  It's actually not the easiest to get true mint versions either.  That gold is tough as it rubs off and scratches if you look at it wrong. 

Patrick

Destro was leader of his own forces at this time.  He had an army under him so he didn't have to fight so why the ceremonial sword.  Look at the old comic book stories and he sat back on his yacht and when it was all done went in to go after what he really wanted when it came to the Cobra Island civil war.

Voltar was a General so had to make him stand out a bit.  Still best bird of that era that didn't break.

Then look at the rest of the 1988 line for Cobra enemies.  Astro-Viper and Star-Viper had the gold, red and black and fit in.  Then even the colours for Voltar matched with Hydro-Viper and Toxo-Viper which would make great additions to the Iron Grenadiers.

Off topic when I look at my guide I don't like how they put 1988 Storm Shadow in the enemy section since he was seperate and was really good.

Nothing terribly exciting, but picked up a couple of fun things at the toy mall today. Got the Locust for a nice price, have to decide now whether to leave it sealed or open it up! The Evil Lyn was cheap and pretty clean. I was most excited about the Fisher Price Adventure Team van and dirt bike! I'd JUST been thinking about the bike earlier in the week, as I loved it as a kid. Found these for $15, had to have them, and now I wonder if I might not need to track down the whole set!

IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

IMG_8640.JPG

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Nothing terribly exciting, but picked up a couple of fun things at the toy mall today. Got the Locust for a nice price, have to decide now whether to leave it sealed or open it up! The Evil Lyn was cheap and pretty clean. I was most excited about the Fisher Price Adventure Team van and dirt bike! I'd JUST been thinking about the bike earlier in the week, as I loved it as a kid. Found these for $15, had to have them, and now I wonder if I might not need to track down the whole set!

IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

IMG_8640.JPG

I honestly had that van for some reason when I was a kid.  No idea how but I had it.

Edited by whisp

4 minutes ago, whisp said:

I honestly had that van for some reason when I was a kid.  No idea how but I had it.

I didn't have the van, but I definitely had the bike and the racing team set. Going down a rabbit hole now researching these figures, I might have something new to collect! Fortunately it looks like they're not too expensive.

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

The FP Van and Bike are awesome. 

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I love em! It's sending me down a dangerous eBay path, I'm afraid. Feeling that toy fever coming over me!

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Finally got around to putting the new stickers on my Moray and Rattler. Took about two and three years to complete them, lots of trading and parts digging, but they're now complete and I'm quite satisfied! 

IMG_8641.JPG

IMG_8643.JPG

IMG_8645.JPG

IMG_8650.JPG

Looks like your search light has no lens for the Moray.  

1 hour ago, whisp said:

Looks like your search light has no lens for the Moray.  

I’ve got it actually, just too scared of losing it to put it on display! One of my best friends has been collecting and trading for so long, he has tons of extra parts, so he gave me one back when I first started putting it together. Since it’s just sitting on a shelf right now I’m keeping the lens in storage. If I ever put it in an enclosed shelf (it’s too long to fit a Detolf) I’ll pop it in there!

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I’ve got it actually, just too scared of losing it to put it on display! One of my best friends has been collecting and trading for so long, he has tons of extra parts, so he gave me one back when I first started putting it together. Since it’s just sitting on a shelf right now I’m keeping the lens in storage. If I ever put it in an enclosed shelf (it’s too long to fit a Detolf) I’ll pop it in there!

Or if you want for now... repro lens for $4.  That's what I did... 

Then i stocked that bad boy with modern Lampreys... 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Or if you want for now... repro lens for $4.  That's what I did... 

Then i stocked that bad boy with modern Lampreys... 

You’re right, I think I may go ahead and pick up a repro just to have something for display. I know if I hadn’t lucked into the lens I’ve got, I wouldn’t have paid the crazy money they command.