• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Shoot. Just noticed all the photobucket images are showing blurry now. Went to see the first few pages of this thread, and it's all a blur. :cry:

Oh is that what that is! Good to know :) some peoples's signature line looks like that now :ohnoez:  I could tag a few or pm if I notice it again (haven't seen it again yet) :foryou: 

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks bud! Yeah, these instantly became some of the nicest pieces in my G1 collection, I'm really happy with them. Someone on the TFW2005 boards just pointed out that Jazz has the Diaclone stickers with him, so he is evidence of Diaclone reboxing, and also, the hood tampo is upside down! I hadn't noticed at all! So that is another neat little extra.

I 100% understand about choosing your battles. I am at the point where I have sold, or am getting ready to sell off, most of my contemporary stuff, and just focus exclusively on vintage, as that's where my heart is. Lots of cool toys out nowadays, but I get such a big kick out of the old stuff.

lol I have been at the reverse end of the spectrum on that philosophy... 

Would I want the old Omega Supreme or buy the new one coming out?  I cannot have both... 

I am keeping my modern Star Wars but thinning it out but I have a complete set of vintage figures in the main line and am not parting with that... like... ever. 

I have a couple of vintage Transformers but do not mind having sold the bulk of it or the bulk of vintage GI Joe because of space and care restraints.  I feel as if the modern stuff is so much easier to keep. Now don't get me wrong, I have a case of vintage Joes that are tucked away and not for sale at all... but I think that is around 30-40 figures.

Edited by Buzzetta

45 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Shoot. Just noticed all the photobucket images are showing blurry now. Went to see the first few pages of this thread, and it's all a blur. :cry:

I know... I wish I could edit some of those old posts because I would love to update the pics especially on my AFA Rebel Soldier and a few other things... 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I know... I wish I could edit some of those old posts because I would love to update the pics especially on my AFA Rebel Soldier and a few other things... 

69843504_1335492539957819_4000949494366601216_n.jpg

Not one of my favorite vehicles.

Probably not many others either as it doesnt go for much. 

But i love the box.  Nice shape.  Croc pushed it over the top for me.

Ill reorient the pics shortly.

Patrick

20190911_221056.thumb.jpg.ead3199764f432e03f8dbc474c351827.jpg.1b0fbb996c8259ce8c429206e3a956a7.jpg20190911_221106.thumb.jpg.5b9cb9dcc3c28f7437318f771d40332a.jpg.d90682fd20991ba0063f42f10909e1cf.jpg20190911_221041.jpg20190911_221116.thumb.jpg.8df134ad5b553df205962689d6cd90bf.jpg.c5dbb4dcae14668d0b60ca5de0ed8b7f.jpg

Edited by followtheleader

Pretty sure I remember someone on here has done some extensive research and maybe has a collection of these Voltron matchbox figures

I just picked this one up, and it's en route, but I'm not sure about the box cause I'm used to seeing the ones with the flap. Am I gonna be surprised by a cut flap or maybe it's taped back?

Screenshot_20190914-175924.thumb.png.217c2870500ddfb0c46ab8d3e1a524f4.png

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Not one of my favorite vehicles.

Probably not many others either as it doesnt go for much. 

But i love the box.  Nice shape.  Croc pushed it over the top for me.

Ill reorient the pics shortly.

Patrick

20190911_221056.thumb.jpg.ead3199764f432e03f8dbc474c351827.jpg.1b0fbb996c8259ce8c429206e3a956a7.jpg20190911_221106.thumb.jpg.5b9cb9dcc3c28f7437318f771d40332a.jpg.d90682fd20991ba0063f42f10909e1cf.jpg20190911_221041.jpg20190911_221116.thumb.jpg.8df134ad5b553df205962689d6cd90bf.jpg.c5dbb4dcae14668d0b60ca5de0ed8b7f.jpg

Awesome! Always the loved color scheme on that one, it's fairly restrained for the era. Love the box art!

Once every 3-4 weeks I will venture to the Bellmore Train Station Flea Market on Long Island. 

This is the first time I brought something like this home in a VERY long time.  Most stuff is usually overpriced.  I was pleased to regain one of my childhood toys for $35.  The figure was clean with very little wear.  The plastic was still bright and it was complete with tight joints except for the wings.  There were other headmasters but I am trying to downsize and there wasn't anything else I had an attachment to.  

Guy had a lot of boxed Star Wars and I debated buying it out to flip as the prices would have made sense to make a little money.  Then I realized, I do not have the ability to safely store boxed Star Wars vehicles.   

Either way... Brainwave is probably the final purchase I am making before NYCC... Let's see what happens there. 

EDIT: Before anyone says anything about the rubsign... this is an open air flea market and it was out in the sun all day. 

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3487.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/12/2019 at 4:33 PM, comicwiz said:

@dena @Architecht

Is it possible to open this thread up to allow edits dating back to a few years ago?  Since the migration from the old boards as well as the hot mess that Photobucket has become, it would be nice to update some pics in the older posts within this thread. 

Edited by Buzzetta

53 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Once every 3-4 weeks I will venture to the Bellmore Train Station Flea Market on Long Island. 

This is the first time I brought something like this home in a VERY long time.  Most stuff is usually overpriced.  I was pleased to regain one of my childhood toys for $35.  The figure was clean with very little wear.  The plastic was still bright and it was complete with tight joints except for the wings.  There were other headmasters but I am trying to downsize and there wasn't anything else I had an attachment to.  

Guy had a lot of boxed Star Wars and I debated buying it out to flip as the prices would have made sense to make a little money.  Then I realized, I do not have the ability to safely store boxed Star Wars vehicles.   

Either way... Brainwave is probably the final purchase I am making before NYCC... Let's see what happens there. 

EDIT: Before anyone says anything about the rubsign... this is an open air flea market and it was out in the sun all day. 

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3487.jpeg

Whoa! $35 is a killer deal, the guns alone can sell for $25 each! I picked up a headless/gunless Brainstorm in a box Lot a couple of weeks ago, thought about trying to complete it, but it'd be much easier and cheaper to buy a complete one. You scored! Always loved the color scheme and alt mode on that one.

7 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Whoa! $35 is a killer deal, the guns alone can sell for $25 each! I picked up a headless/gunless Brainstorm in a box Lot a couple of weeks ago, thought about trying to complete it, but it'd be much easier and cheaper to buy a complete one. You scored! Always loved the color scheme and alt mode on that one.

I am debating going back and picking up another headmaster.  The problem is that it's $35-$40 thrown away because it's not going anywhere... maybe Chromedome or Skullcrusher. 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

You are a terrible influence... I went back as he was closing up. Still couldn’t do the boxed Star Wars. Just don’t want to devote the space to keeping them mint.  House and its appearance are more important to me.

$140 for these... one might appear on eBay in a month or two... unsure...

For now they are keepers

Skylinx has some minor degradation on his rubber tire but the battery box is clean. 

2B67DB80-30E0-441E-8546-05FA3AC47768.jpeg

9B4DDA87-FDD8-4B77-8ECD-41B73A52AC34.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, kav said:

wtf is a rubsign

This might be the one thread on these boards that will render you clueless lol 

A rubsign refers to the dark sticker on a transformer that when swiped with your finger shows the figure's allegiance to either the Autobots or the Decepticons in a hologram like foil image.   Hasbro added them in the mid 80's to help distinguish their products from knock offs.   

Just now, Buzzetta said:

This might be the one thread on these boards that will render you clueless lol 

A rubsign refers to the dark sticker on a transformer that when swiped with your finger shows the figure's allegiance to either the Autobots or the Decepticons in a hologram like foil image.   Hasbro added them in the mid 80's to help distinguish their products from knock offs.   

:whatthe:

so what happens to rubsigns in the sun tho

4 minutes ago, kav said:

:whatthe:

so what happens to rubsigns in the sun tho

When left in the sun for any period of time they show the allegiance symbol due to the transfer of the direct heat and light waves. 

So in the picture of the turquoise looking transformer you can see what looks like a hologram foil symbol.  Since it has been in my house for some time since I bought it, the symbol has reverted back to black.  

21 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Pretty sure I remember someone on here has done some extensive research and maybe has a collection of these Voltron matchbox figures

I just picked this one up, and it's en route, but I'm not sure about the box cause I'm used to seeing the ones with the flap. Am I gonna be surprised by a cut flap or maybe it's taped back?

Screenshot_20190914-175924.thumb.png.217c2870500ddfb0c46ab8d3e1a524f4.png

I dreamed of having this as a kid! 

48 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When left in the sun for any period of time they show the allegiance symbol due to the transfer of the direct heat and light waves. 

So in the picture of the turquoise looking transformer you can see what looks like a hologram foil symbol.  Since it has been in my house for some time since I bought it, the symbol has reverted back to black.  

In short its a heat sensitive sticker that shows their allegiance.

Edited by whisp