• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 707comics said:

Have had my eye on those for a while now. I have to agree, the TMNT is my favorite of the bunch (followed closely by the Rampage unit) :)

How are you liking it overall?
How do the quality of the joystick and buttons feel??

There are many qualities I like! 

The buttons are really responsive, the joystick less so, but I think it's similar to the old arcades that way. I'm not sure if that is just gameplay, or just as good as it gets.

The plus side, you get infinite lives. Most games like final fight, if you die it gives you a countdown and when you hit the continue button immediately start where yo left off :)

SO I've beaten final fight now and the Bomber 1944 game. I like that, because it's kind of a stress reliever, if you and a friend just want to push some buttons and play through levels guaranteed to win :shy:

the cabinet is sturdy, the graphic on the cabinet are the same as the classic. It comes with a resolution sheet if the game freezes or has other eventual issues. It took an hour maybe a little over to put together, which is my first time, it's pretty basic installation. I don't know if they're all the same, but the sound has 3 settings from mute to moderate to LOUD for a family dwelling lol

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There are many qualities I like! 

The buttons are really responsive, the joystick less so, but I think it's similar to the old arcades that way. I'm not sure if that is just gameplay, or just as good as it gets.

The plus side, you get infinite lives. Most games like final fight, if you die it gives you a countdown and when you hit the continue button immediately start where yo left off :)

SO I've beaten final fight now and the Bomber 1944 game. I like that, because it's kind of a stress reliever, if you and a friend just want to push some buttons and play through levels guaranteed to win :shy:

the cabinet is sturdy, the graphic on the cabinet are the same as the classic. It comes with a resolution sheet if the game freezes or has other eventual issues. It took an hour maybe a little over to put together, which is my first time, it's pretty basic installation. I don't know if they're all the same, but the sound has 3 settings from mute to moderate to LOUD for a family dwelling lol

Right on, thanks for the response! I like the whole "continue" idea and was not aware it did that ... pretty cool feature. You got a great deal on it. If the Rampage one would come to that price I would have snapped it up. TMNT for $250 and it would be in the man cave already as well, but at $350 still a bit too high for me.

7 minutes ago, 707comics said:

Right on, thanks for the response! I like the whole "continue" idea and was not aware it did that ... pretty cool feature. You got a great deal on it. If the Rampage one would come to that price I would have snapped it up. TMNT for $250 and it would be in the man cave already as well, but at $350 still a bit too high for me.

This final fight cabinet of 4 games came out in 2018 I think, TMNT only this year, so maybe next year we may get more of a price break. I really would like the tmnt, so I'm hoping!

Hasbro pulse Black Friday Cyber Monday incentive ends tomorrow night at midnight. 

10% Off for Non Members - Fanfirst10

20% Off for Members - Fanfirst20

Cannot decide what to get... but I believe it applies to preorders... 

Might pick up a Transformers Grapple for a gift next year when it is released. 

I picked up a lot of Joes I had been paying on and a few more for the Black Friday sale. You can’t have too many Crimson Guards right? Stinger is complete except for the steering wheel and rear bumper. I combined the Water Moccasin with my other one to make a nice complete one. I got one more pic I need to load later.

CF3A57F9-ABF8-42B8-8461-04AA8E41F6F9.jpeg

D60F9595-EB05-4CB4-A986-EA5DADD40ADE.jpeg

6851894B-F310-4324-AE79-946AE399C0A6.jpeg

11 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I gave into temptation and picked this up. Legos are so expensive but I figured $40 wasn’t bad for this set. The only thing is that it’s missing a piece (left foot).
71558060-999D-49A9-8BAC-D974D058AF90.thumb.jpeg.68c612059c17d0c5cb54a6e759d068b4.jpeg

6D34C78B-4BB0-4C23-BD2E-590086C286E0.thumb.jpeg.ffa6bcc9cd3bf77dc3c6ef425b635119.jpeg

C8D2D299-89B0-4178-9BC4-60C6C4001789.thumb.jpeg.3b2dfaa5c4100bfb1f93e4541cb6fb48.jpeg

How was it missing a piece?   Call up Lego and explain it to them and if it was truly missing a piece they will send it to you.   They will ask you which piece from the description in the step from the instructional guide.   CHeck the bags though.  When I built the corner garage I accidentally left a piece stuck in the folds of the polybag. 

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

How was it missing a piece?   Call up Lego and explain it to them and if it was truly missing a piece they will send it to you.   They will ask you which piece from the description in the step from the instructional guide.   CHeck the bags though.  When I built the corner garage I accidentally left a piece stuck in the folds of the polybag. 

You can also order missing pieces via their website, you can enter the kit # and select the piece you need, and they'll ship it right to ya! Over the years I've had a few kits that arrived with a piece missing. It happens. More often, though, I have a ton of leftovers...I'm chalking that up to user error, though!

59 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

You can also order missing pieces via their website, you can enter the kit # and select the piece you need, and they'll ship it right to ya! Over the years I've had a few kits that arrived with a piece missing. It happens. More often, though, I have a ton of leftovers...I'm chalking that up to user error, though!

I was wondering about ordering missing pieces. I initially saw the set at the store on Saturday, became tempted but put it back. Then I watched the new episode of the Mandalorian Sunday night. After seeing the vehicle in the episode, I decided I had to have it. Putting it together was the last thing I did before I went to bed. I did notice the reference in the back of the booklet that numbered the pieces. I’ll check online tonight.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

The pice that completes the foot was never found. I checked the bags and looked all around the floor under the table I built it on, nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I was wondering about ordering missing pieces. I initially saw the set at the store on Saturday, became tempted but put it back. Then I watched the new episode of the Mandalorian Sunday night. After seeing the vehicle in the episode, I decided I had to have it. Putting it together was the last thing I did before I went to bed. I did notice the reference in the back of the booklet that numbered the pieces. I’ll check online tonight.

This link may help you

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/order

I've had to place a couple of orders in the past. They sent them completely free of charge in a nice envelope with a friendly apology letter. 

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

This link may help you

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/order

I've had to place a couple of orders in the past. They sent them completely free of charge in a nice envelope with a friendly apology letter. 

4BCD84D0-DCA9-4674-BACE-EFC3E8A273A7.thumb.jpeg.05c20fba135a078cf8727c85d88b0249.jpeg

:headbang:

Can’t wait to come back and post a pic, hopefully within 7-10 business days.

Thanks @F For Fake

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

They are getting so sloppy in recent years. 

The extra pieces that you normally find in sets @Brandon Shepherd is basically kibble.  They know that the smallest of pieces are hardest to ensure that they are packed right so there is always an extra of each smallest piece in each polybag. These are usually the 1x1 flat pieces or a lightbulb or a cheese wedge piece. 

Glad you were able to get the piece.  To be fair their customer service and company philosophy is one of the best around.  Think about it.  A new set comes out and within a couple of weeks the instructions to that set are published online encouraging people to try to build the set with their own parts rather than buy a brand new set OR to see how the set 'works'.

When I get the time, I want to build a Star Wars type station built around the Ninjago city ideas and a the unproduced Kenner set...

lego-ninjago-city-set-70620-15.jpg

C9UffR3VoAApAJ0.jpg

On 11/30/2019 at 6:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sorry the comic rooms a mess...i assume this can go in this thread :shy:

Black Friday, marked down from $300 to with tax $162

Final Fight, 1944 Bomber game, Ghosts N Goblins, and 1 other so 4 in 1 :)

wanted the tmnt, but maybe another time...

20191130_160933.jpg

20191130_160958.jpg

20191130_161012.jpg

20191130_161026.jpg

20191130_161040.jpg

Damn!! I would have bought that just for the Ghosts n Goblins! I hope they do a build like this to compete with those 2000 game countertop/bartop arcades. I've been super-tempted to buy one, but I hardly have the space for one of these, but I'd definitely make room for one that was built out with a all the games I grew up playing!

10 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Damn!! I would have bought that just for the Ghosts n Goblins! I hope they do a build like this to compete with those 2000 game countertop/bartop arcades. I've been super-tempted to buy one, but I hardly have the space for one of these, but I'd definitely make room for one that was built out with a all the games I grew up playing!

This one was sold at $149, with tax in Texas was $162 marked down from $300, but it doesn't have the "riser", that makes it smaller...

It's only about barely 4 ft tall

Less than 2ft wide at 19 inches

And the joystick and buttons are like 2 and a half feet off the ground...

I sit in an office chair and it comes to about stomach or elbow level while sitting

So if you were wondering about space, it doesn't take up too much....space, it's still only at $199 around here :foryou:

I bought it through Walmart pick up but they refunded me as out of stock, I had to go to a different location and went in person to secure it :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, comicwiz said:

So I had something in the works with the same seller from Western Canada that I got the 3-set Voltron III from. It was a protracted negotiation for reasons not entirely known to me. but I ended-up getting the Dairugger (Voltron I) three-boxed set as well. This format was the same deal as the Golion (Voltron III) - it was meant to spread out the cost of purchasing the complete toy robot over 3 sets priced at $33 instead of the Deluxe boxed set priced at $99. The one differentiation is that the Air, Space and Land Warrior sets were marketed to also function as standalone vehicle robots if you couldn't find or afford the other sets. The instructions are really interesting as they lay out the full Dairugger build, and then on the reverse they show you how to build the individual Space, Air and Land robots. The only downside is that you can't just combine the 3 robots to form the Dairugger as they need to be rearranged differently.  All in all, there are 15 vehicles to form the Dairugger. Prior to this find, I was starting to believe the Dairugger never made it to Canada. This is probably the only time I'll ever see another IRWIN Toy Dairugger, and I had initially only wanted to put together a Golion run, but now that I've found these sets, I'm interested in pursuing all the Canadian sets for the Dairugger and Gladiator. If anyone here sees the Canadian IRWIN Toy sets, please keep me in mind.

For those who aren't aware of the history or were too young to have watched the television series in the 80's, the story behind the franchise is that Voltron was meant to be a trilogy like Robotech, and was supposed to start with Dairugger aka Vehicle Voltron. Somehow, TOEI Animation mistakenly sent the GoLion tapes first. With the air date deadline, there was no way to to get Vehicle Voltron tapes in time for the North American release date. So World Events Production (WEP) decided to go with airing the GoLion episodes. After the final episode of the Golion series, they aired Vehicle Voltron and to say it bombed would be an understatement. Many of the kids growing-up at the time were both confused and disappointed that the 5 Lion team was seemingly being replaced by a new robot and 15 new characters. There was supposed to be a third robot - The Gladiator aka Albegas- but instead of risking the franchise with yet another confusing toy robot, WEP contracted TOEI to create another season of Lion Force. It is rather unfortunate as the Vehicle Voltron has a toyetic appeal that might have enjoyed a different animation fate if they had released the trilogy as was originally intended. The toy itself is striking, and very well engineered. I'm biased of course, but to me there is nothing that comes close to the toyetic genius of a 5 lion combining robot, so the Golion is my all-time favourite, but the Dairugger is definitely starting to grow on me after making this find. The Deluxe (DX) Dairugger is noticeably taller than the Golion when they are displayed next to one another, but the Golion is just a completely different quality of build, weight, feel and overall aesthetic. While the boxes weren't perfect, the toy was in unplayed with condition - just stunning, felt like I was opening these boxes and assembling this toy robot for the first time!

dairugger.thumb.jpg.c4f92ad6e1d918188c2c08fbc7d58496.jpg

dairugger-golion.thumb.jpg.ccc31945075670f85279981eed964e18.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed both series as for American kids it was one of the only cartoons that was like a real TV series.  What happened in one episode impacted the next episode.  You had to watch them in order. 

With that said, I have no idea where the pictures are but 10 year old me built the hell out of that Dairugger Voltron out of Lego.  I remember making sure that it was what would be considered today a straightforward build and everything connected via technic (Back then it was known as Expert Builder) connections. 

Edited by Buzzetta