• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Oooooooooooooooooo. One of, if not the most, difficult to find accessories of the original line. Congratulations! 

Thanks! I'm super happy. 

FYI, his foot looks like it has bad rubbing.  It's just the camera flash.

He is really in amazing condition.  

Patrick

Progress is being made...  

I am horrible at using the Lego digital design programs. If I was I believe this would be easier.  I find it easier though to grab out entire sections of bricks and replace them with a newly designed section if I need to, even if I am halfway though a model.  If I was going digital I would have had to backtrack all of my steps to replace some parts.  

Last January, I bought a bunch of 10lb Lego lots from Goodwill over eBay that had a LOT of incomplete Star Wars sets.  I put them in a 25gallon rubbermaid and never got around to sorting them.  I had noticed though that there was a complete hovercraft shell from the Lego fire brigade series so this has been in the back of my mind for awhile.  Everything so far is from the Goodwill lots.  However, I will most likely be going to Bricklink to order some parts.

So here is the basic skeleton.  The color design was an easy pick.  That dark green is harder to find in quantity and I honestly fell in love with @STORMSHADOW_80 's custom WHALE that was supposed to come out in 95?  So light gray with dark gray highlights it is.  The hardest part was trying to figure out the ramp and the nose.  I am not 100% happy with the nose but I am 100% happy with the ramp so I am guessing that is the trade off.  Certain concessions had to be made in order to get the technic pieces in there to allow for not only a working ramp but a stable and sturdy one.  

• Section 1 - Will be where the mini bike and depth charge mechanisms are located.  
  • Section 2 - Will be the missile pods and command deck. 
  • Section 3 - Gunner Turrets - I have an 'idea' on how to make them rotate but I have to see if there is enough room.  I may borrow the design idea from the Lego GHOST from Star Wars.
  • Section 4 - The troop deployment area

The other hard part was to decide on the slope of the WHALE in relation to Lego.  Do I use the 1x4x3 triangular roofing slopes or the 1x4x2 triangular roofing slopes?  As of now I am thinking of seeing how 1x4x2 90 degree rounded arc slopes would look.  I have to see if they were ever produced in gray and then see who in the world has at least 10 of them at once.

I think the hardest part will be getting those fans right in a way that I can live with.  Luckily I think those are going to be black so Lego probably made some wheel wells for the larger vehicles in the size I would need and then I could attach some helicopter blades.  

This is my quarantine / stay at home life. lol 

IMG_7648.thumb.jpeg.a610ffdb5577fbb38951240e065c7f88.jpegIMG_7645_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.f245011efd74de082aded6d74739ed63.jpegIMG_7646_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.4aacf7f31bc29d788220cbecb7bd8904.jpeg

whale_front.jpg 

Thought about a fun idea to keep things interesting. 

But not sure if we have enough people. 

Any user could post a request to see a pic of a specific toy.  The item you post must be your own (not something from E-bay or someone else owns).

Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be the most obscure or expensive items.  

I'll start with one.  Does someone have a Dino Riders Bronto?  Though complete would be cool, I don't care if it is or isn't. 

One of the last monster pieces that I don't own.  

Patrick

16 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Thought about a fun idea to keep things interesting. 

But not sure if we have enough people. 

Any user could post a request to see a pic of a specific toy.  The item you post must be your own (not something from E-bay or someone else owns).

Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be the most obscure or expensive items.  

I'll start with one.  Does someone have a Dino Riders Bronto?  Though complete would be cool, I don't care if it is or isn't. 

One of the last monster pieces that I don't own.  

Patrick

That sounds fun... 

I don't have any Dino Riders though lol 

8 minutes ago, Ceito said:

Hello to all.

I saw this thread and the recent posts brought back so many memories. 

I've only these left from my younger days. Mobat Tank from 1982, and Mazinger Z from the mid 80's. Original owner. 

IMG_9444.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9446.jpg

wow the box and instructions? At least you had the presence of mind to keep those :x 

Awesome to see stuff as OO, that's cool! looks like all pieces are there too, I'd have never....... a box of my stuff went missing when we moved as a kid or teenager lol still try to remember what all was in it hahaha

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

wow the box and instructions? At least you had the presence of mind to keep those :x 

Awesome to see stuff as OO, that's cool! looks like all pieces are there too, I'd have never....... a box of my stuff went missing when we moved as a kid or teenager lol still try to remember what all was in it hahaha

Thank you. :)

Yes, I rememember buying the Mazinger Z with my summer job monies. Also, it's terrible when things go 'missing'.

22 minutes ago, Ceito said:

Thank you. :)

Yes, I rememember buying the Mazinger Z with my summer job monies. Also, it's terrible when things go 'missing'.

You earned it :)

all the better! ^^

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A few new ones I finally got around to putting together. Bivouac is almost complete. I dig those little diorama sets. 

F182C8E7-0C9B-4904-A284-18BC2D09C5E2.jpeg

B252FD86-AF51-4DDB-8ACC-2FA85711388F.jpeg

67975CF9-4C8B-4BD1-8A88-E66539000826.jpeg

The Bivouac is like the Watch Tower and Outpost Defender. 

Very simple and very awesome. 

Patrick

5 hours ago, Ceito said:

Hello to all.

I saw this thread and the recent posts brought back so many memories. 

I've only these left from my younger days. Mobat Tank from 1982, and Mazinger Z from the mid 80's. Original owner. 

IMG_9444.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9446.jpg

Very cool pieces.  

Nice to see a new contributor in the thread. 

Patrick