• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

I just posted about attempting to remember my first comic shop in the topic in the General Area. But from that I remembered the new smell of G.I. Joe sets and He-Man figures. Also a bit of the smell of videogame packaging back then. People say smells have a way of helping you remember stuff. I think I might have a new topic coming soon.

Also, from all these Lego pictures I might have to try one of these. I haven't put together a Lego set since middle school. I guess I'm not creative enough to build a Lego set without directions. Or I just don't know what I would build with various different shaped pieces. But I'm looking over their site more and more. The Ford Mustang was tempting. So was the BMW motorcycle that can turn into a futuristic bike. But I want something that's a Lego but doesn't really look like a Lego if that makes sense. I guess meaning that it doesn't look like a car made with a bunch of blocks because I'll just get the car model then.

@STORMSHADOW_80 

That's interesting... and now I have an example.  There are a couple of things I am interesting in seeing how he realized certain aspects of the design.  We seem to have arrived at a couple of the same points as far as the structure of the nose as well as the boarding ramp.  His ramp is an easier build but it is offset with the hinge on the outside.  I embedded my hinge into the hull with the trade off being a slight gap.  I REALLY didn't like the nose though.  When I saw that he had a similar idea, I went with a redesign making the use of a car fender in the front to preserve the bubble front. 

I only had a spare right fender in gray so I added it to the list of parts I need.  I am definitely going with the 3x4x1 roofing slope though as he seems to have done.  I like the way it looks but will be arcing it up a bit more as it gets to the top. 

Changes I made on the initial design... 

• Redesign the front a bit
  • Raised the height of the cabin by one - two plates
  • built a bumper in front of the nose
  • marked off a bit more what is going where. 

initial design vs current design

IMG_7646_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.4aacf7f31bc29d7

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7712.jpeg

IMG_7713.jpeg

IMG_7725.jpeg

On 4/30/2020 at 4:49 PM, StingerMcK said:

Got a MOC Hawkman for my SP collection, and picked up some Total Justice MOC on the cheap.  I collected TJ as a teenager when they came out, but really digging them now side by side with SP.

Its a great time capsule of 80s & 90s DC.  Classic design VS 90s Edge, Barry/Wally etc

94887769_2991315474279957_7147600233730408448_n.thumb.jpg.f9aae565d7e435960f61295d2604fd6e.jpg

95239959_241752063737958_4371161493299789824_n.thumb.jpg.b8b161d01bfc4c7eb0df9aa86ac7b58b.jpg

Total Justice was a very fun and colorful line. I really loved that last wave of Huntress, Connor Hawke, Black Lightning, Parallax.

Well, with no toy shops, garage sales, estate auctions or flea markets going on, I find myself turning to, horror of horrors, eBay auctions!

Perhaps inspired by my recent watching of the DIC GI Joe series (oof, it's even worse than I remembered, but still somehow charming) I picked up these fellas. Gridiron is missing his wang, but the figure is easy enough to replace. I wanted all of his bits and pieces. Otherwise I've got these guys complete now (some parts not shown in the pic tho) except for Stretcher's radio. The Range Viper is super sharp.

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

Next up, a decent straight arm lot. Not gonna be easy to source the missing visors, but otherwise most of the stuff is there. I always love seeing these old guys. Zap has a broken thumb but these are otherwise pretty solid.

After these appetizers, I ended up paying through the nose for something I REALLY wanted, and it arrives next week. Pics when it shows up!

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

On 5/2/2020 at 11:15 AM, Turnando said:

Remco Skullman collection.  I think I have the main variants, with the different belt buckles and the Hooded Skullman.  Some day I'd like to find a cardback to add to this.

I found my first Skullman on the Rebelscum forums about 10 or 15 years ago and that led me to MOTU Skeletor and GlowSkull.  Then I realized the Remco ripoff, Skullman, was my favorite skull fig so I spent years to score a Hooded Skullman.  Hard to find.

Edit: oh... And I found the right Lego pieces on Bricklink to put together a custom minifig.

IMG_0143~2.jpg

Very, very cool pieces.  Nice collection. 

Oh yeah, Costa Rica's great too. 

Patrick

On 5/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, F For Fake said:

Well, with no toy shops, garage sales, estate auctions or flea markets going on, I find myself turning to, horror of horrors, eBay auctions!

Perhaps inspired by my recent watching of the DIC GI Joe series (oof, it's even worse than I remembered, but still somehow charming) I picked up these fellas. Gridiron is missing his wang, but the figure is easy enough to replace. I wanted all of his bits and pieces. Otherwise I've got these guys complete now (some parts not shown in the pic tho) except for Stretcher's radio. The Range Viper is super sharp.

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

Stretcher is one of the later figs that doesn't get enough cred. 

He has a TON of little accessories.  Even for the larger accessories, they are very nearly always broken. 

The white sled usually has 1 leg broken off.  The clear shield usually has a broken tab.  

Very cool pieces.  

Patrick

Tried my 1st Facebook/Youtube Virtual collectible sale today. 

It was actually kind of fun.  

Couldn't believe how fast things were on, off, and sold. 

They listed everything from comics, to sports cards, modern toys, and vintage toys.  

Bought one piece, I'll post it once I receive.  

There is virtually no time to consider price.  Totally forget about reviewing for condition.  A buyer better be knowledgeable and trust the sellers grading.

What surprised me the most?  For comics, Jim Lee's X-men had a crazy number of people trying to grab that.  X-men 1, 2, 3.  I like the series as much as the next guy, but dizzzzzang they are common. 

For toys, people REALLY wanted the Marvel Select figures.  

Patrick

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Stretcher is one of the later figs that doesn't get enough cred. 

He has a TON of little accessories.  Even for the larger accessories, they are very nearly always broken. 

The white sled usually has 1 leg broken off.  The clear shield usually has a broken tab.  

Very cool pieces.  

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! Yes, you know I myself have unfairly maligned the later waves of Joes, but there are some really solid figures in those last couple of runs before the DEF, Eco Warriors and Sonic Warriors stuff shows up. I think this is a neat little batch myself!

Woah you went all in @F For Fake Congrats on the Joes! It's funny you mentioned the DIC series as i just started watching it too. Not quite the same as the first series but fun to see some familiar characters and vehicles. Gridiron is in a lot of episodes. I also saw range viper you got as well. I want to get one to go with my Piranha. I still need depth charges for that thing.

My buddy hooked me up with a Skyhawk the other day. I love it. Very iconic. I also got a few parts in the mail for other vehicles. My Phantom has all the outside pieces now. I just need a couple actuators and wheel covers, along with the Ghost Rider pilot. I'll post some pics once I get the stand in.

0FE23093-340C-4728-B51E-B648D058A518.JPG

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

3 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Picked this up today from a friend, I’ll admit I don’t know much about D&D, but this figure looks awesome, the art on the back is great, might try to grab a few of the others now

6040C73E-9D6E-4D5A-A3A3-4C5E69164637.jpeg

D6808C9F-9092-4630-9B1B-75C1DAED68E5.jpeg

He is definitely cool. 

I have the gift set with that character and his steed.  

Congrats.

Patrick