• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Does someone have a loose Jaws that they can post pics of?  That's pretty awesome. 

Pat, here's my old one (which I mentioned in @comix4fun's post that I foolishly sold - sorry about the blur, but the image is the actual one I posted in an old "Post Your Garage Sale Finds" thread).

It's a snapping mouth action JAWS, held together by two elastic bands, with the weight of the parts keeping it from closing.

The game includes a fishing hook which the player uses to remove junk parts from the mouth.  As each part is removed, the jaw closes ever so slightly so the object of the game is to remove as many parts as possible before the mouth snaps shut.

For anyone considering buying a used one, unless it's sealed like Chris', you have to watch out for repro junk parts (which are usually cast in different colours - I remember the original ones either being blue or white. The other is the rubber-molded teeth which seem too often to have been glued back on after breaking off from play wear. The eyes for some reason on these are prone to peeling off with time, so take a good look and compare as they may be repro stickers.

Jaws_sized.jpg

Edited by comicwiz

51 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I'm not really into purchasing "owned by this person" items, but that is very cool.  Great packaging too!

I'm not either but since I bought this directly from him I didnt mind it. I have 4 figures of his in my collection now. Only wanting to add one more then I'm more than likely done with his, 

On 1/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, comicwiz said:

Pat, here's my old one (which I mentioned in @comix4fun's post that I foolishly sold - sorry about the blur, but the image is the actual one I posted in an old "Post Your Garage Sale Finds" thread).

It's a snapping mouth action JAWS, held together by two elastic bands, with the weight of the parts keeping it from closing.

The game includes a fishing hook which the player uses to remove junk parts from the mouth.  As each part is removed, the jaw closes ever so slightly so the object of the game is to remove as many parts as possible before the mouth snaps shut.

For anyone considering buying a used one, unless it's sealed like Chris', you have to watch out for repro junk parts (which are usually cast in different colours - I remember the original ones either being blue or white. The other is the rubber-molded teeth which seem too often to have been glued back on after breaking off from play wear. The eyes for some reason on these are prone to peeling off with time, so take a good look and compare as they may be repro stickers.

Jaws_sized.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the tips, I'm in the market for one of these if I ever run across another one, and this is all very helpful to know!

I had that Jaws toy, too. Funny thing is, I don't really remember the shark but I vividly remember all the little accessories that you fed him. Those things were everywhere in my room.

Here's two photos I've been meaning to post for a while but keep forgetting:

a) My 12-inch Boba from childhood (since this was being talked about a few pages back). One of the few toys that didn't get given away to the kid across the street and probably my favorite Star Wars toy. Also, BTAS figs = :cloud9:

bobaF.thumb.jpg.8169b8929977e7767c5331fe14a05720.jpg

b) GI Joe Airborne sculpt sheet. The 2nd series Joes are near and dear to my heart, Airborne was my favorite and I was lucky to get this from a friend who had a number of pre-production pieces directly from Ron Rudat.

airborne.thumb.jpg.7f22218fb6775cb1b7ef9373b772e72a.jpg

On 1/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

I had that Jaws toy, too. Funny thing is, I don't really remember the shark but I vividly remember all the little accessories that you fed him. Those things were everywhere in my room.

Here's two photos I've been meaning to post for a while but keep forgetting:

a) My 12-inch Boba from childhood (since this was being talked about a few pages back). One of the few toys that didn't get given away to the kid across the street and probably my favorite Star Wars toy. Also, BTAS figs = :cloud9:

bobaF.thumb.jpg.8169b8929977e7767c5331fe14a05720.jpg

b) GI Joe Airborne sculpt sheet. The 2nd series Joes are near and dear to my heart, Airborne was my favorite and I was lucky to get this from a friend who had a number of pre-production pieces directly from Ron Rudat.

airborne.thumb.jpg.7f22218fb6775cb1b7ef9373b772e72a.jpg

Wow, I love ALL of that! Kenner SW, BTAS, and Joe design stuff, it's win win win!

May I ask what sort of case you're using for your BTAS figs? I picked up a few BTAS figures last month (including a nice Combat Belt Batman) and can't find a case that is the right size. It looks like there were cases manufactured specifically for these at one time, but I can't find one the right size now.

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Wow, I love ALL of that! Kenner SW, BTAS, and Joe design stuff, it's win win win!

May I ask what sort of case you're using for your BTAS figs? I picked up a few BTAS figures last month (including a nice Combat Belt Batman) and can't find a case that is the right size. It looks like there were cases manufactured specifically for these at one time, but I can't find one the right size now.

Batman Animated acrylic cases here (thumbsu

I've sold off most of my action figures over the years as my collection got too large and my passion waned, but I don't think I'll ever let my BTAS figures go. Most of them are ones I bought in the store, but a friend actually traded a bunch of his X-Men comics to a dealer to get the impossible Penguin for me (this is when it was $100+). Great memories tied to these figs! 

12 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Batman Animated acrylic cases here (thumbsu

I've sold off most of my action figures over the years as my collection got too large and my passion waned, but I don't think I'll ever let my BTAS figures go. Most of them are ones I bought in the store, but a friend actually traded a bunch of his X-Men comics to a dealer to get the impossible Penguin for me (this is when it was $100+). Great memories tied to these figs! 

Thanks so much, and that is terrific! I love the BTAS line, and had them all when they were originally released (well, at least I had all of the unique characters. I didn't collect all of the flavors of Batman). I remember trading my first bass guitar (which was a cheap Fender P-Bass knock off) to a friend in exchange for a stack of BTAS villains (Clayface, Ivy, Freeze, Croc, and one other one, I believe).  The show is still my favorite distillation of the character and his world, and the character designs were so minimalist, so sleek, they translated beautifully into plastic. Those BTAS figs are some of the nicest looking figures ever produced, so elegant, clean, and not cluttered up with tons of articulation. 

2 hours ago, Shaolingoat said:

Stopped by a recent addition to the Fort Worth Market, Holocron--specializes in Star Wars merchandise only, including vintage figures.  Walked away with the following:

Unpunched and offerless, so it presents beautifully -- very nice! I always considered the two card variations on the Bespin Luke and Bespin Leia to be a nice little subset (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Unpunched and offerless, so it presents beautifully -- very nice! I always considered the two card variations on the Bespin Luke and Bespin Leia to be a nice little subset (thumbsu

Three variations on Bespin Luke. Trilogo is different as well.