• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

Strongly debating selling off the bulk of my collections to put a comfortable amount of Eff You Money in the bank and possibly leaving my job... 

hm 

Like If I sold all my Spider-mans... that's gotta be an easy $100k minimum.  I would throw that at house. 

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Strongly debating selling off the bulk of my collections to put a comfortable amount of Eff You Money in the bank and possibly leaving my job... 

hm 

Like If I sold all my Spider-mans... that's gotta be an easy $100k minimum.  I would throw that at house. 

honestly a smart idea in this terrible covid time.  My dream is zero house debt.  The figure/ toy market is very strong too.

Patrick

Just now, followtheleader said:

honestly a smart idea in this terrible covid time.  My dream is zero house debt.  The figure/ toy market is very strong too.

Patrick

When I bought the house I put forth a down payment of 40% on my house.  I was lucky enough to have it at the time and my parents wanted to help me out a little as it would mean I would live in the area.  They live 1/3 a mile away.  My only sibling moved out west. 

Through eBay and selling off little stuff here and there over the course of the year, I raised the near $25k to completely gut and redo the bathroom... I sold off the GI Joe collection that I had just finished completing to take out a chunk of that... but it was a combination of $1200 here for a comic, $125 there for a comic, $100 for a figure and so on... it all adds up. 

I've been fortunate to continue working during the covid mess but it comes with a price to my own health and I dread the subways and the LIRR.

Still there is something attractive of selling everything... but I would want it to 'mean' something.  I would have to find a new job at the age of 45 that paid in the six figures+ a year.

It would also mean receiving a fraction of the pension I would be owed if I could find a way to stick this out for another ten years... 

Lot of decisions to be made. 

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Found this in my truck.  Been there for six years!! :roflmao:

From the Battle Beasts line.  Wish it was complete.   Oh well

Patrick

20200725_185944.jpg

How big is the truck?  I mean seriously?  lol 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When I bought the house I put forth a down payment of 40% on my house.  I was lucky enough to have it at the time and my parents wanted to help me out a little as it would mean I would live in the area.  They live 1/3 a mile away.  My only sibling moved out west. 

Through eBay and selling off little stuff here and there over the course of the year, I raised the near $25k to completely gut and redo the bathroom... I sold off the GI Joe collection that I had just finished completing to take out a chunk of that... but it was a combination of $1200 here for a comic, $125 there for a comic, $100 for a figure and so on... it all adds up. 

I've been fortunate to continue working during the covid mess but it comes with a price to my own health and I dread the subways and the LIRR.

Still there is something attractive of selling everything... but I would want it to 'mean' something.  I would have to find a new job at the age of 45 that paid in the six figures+ a year.

It would also mean receiving a fraction of the pension I would be owed if I could find a way to stick this out for another ten years... 

Lot of decisions to be made. 

Trust me, we are on a similar path.  I'm about to sell the comics which is a LOT.  I can't separate from toys yet.  House equity here is super high so I'm going to sell high here and move out of state.  Should be at nearly zero soon.

Patrick

1 hour ago, reptilekingdie said:

Cygore $20 at Walmart, he is massive for the price. The detail is what I really like and with 5 points of articulation. Mario

DEE4C208-F193-4B3A-B16D-4CFD655DBAE4.jpeg

91904D5E-D04B-44F6-AEA3-E766B94689C4.jpeg

24F6AF99-E72B-45BF-88DC-2D7C1C725656.jpeg

That's a big monkey!

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Next up, Joes I actually bought at the show!

Not pictured are a handful of loose figures I bought to go with the complete accessory sets I already owned. Jinx, Dial Tone, Torch, nothing fancy.

I did get this nice complete Mutt with the full cardback. Mutt was the very first GI Joe I ever bought, at the Thornberry's Toys at Jefferson Mall. I wanted him because he came with Junkyard, and I thought that was so cool! My second Joe was Major Bludd (so he'd have a bad guy to fight) and the third was Zartan!

I'd had Zartan on my list for a while. I wanted him complete, and I wanted a box. The box didn't have to be perfect, but I wanted one. Ended up buying the only one for sale at the show for a decent price. I was also looking for Serpentor in similar shape, but didn't find one.

IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

Nice! Zartan was my favorite Joe figure.

16 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Nice! Zartan was my favorite Joe figure.

Thanks! And yeah, Zartan is great! As a kid I thought it was so cool that you got the figure, and you got a vehicle and accessories too, plus he changed color in the sun! What's cooler than that when you're 7 years old?