• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, jason4 said:

That is awesome. I got to try that. Havent seen one yet.

Definitely doesn't hurt to ask, lots of folks are ending up with these. Definitely don't pay money for one, no one else is ha

1 minute ago, creaturefan95 said:

I don't have the figure, just the blister card that a kid gave to me after he opened it on the school bus.

That's cool, that's all I need! I'd been searching "Justice League Flash Figure" but that is kinda like a needle in a haystack to find the right one, hadn't come up with a match yet. Oddly, I have the accessories, but no Flash figure. Same with the Hawkgirl Silver Storm figure, complete set of stuff, but no figure. Oh well!

On 8/2/2020 at 5:22 AM, fantastic_four said:

Wow, you're really army-building those.  How many Target trips did that take?

Just watched a review of this guy.  He looks great...I may get a few and use them as goons to mix in with Hydra or AIM soldiers in Marvel displays.  I loved Joe as a kid and had everything from the early 80s, but I'm not into military stuff anymore.  But it's easy to fudge Joes in as members of SHIELD or HYDRA for Marvel collections.  That's what I'm doing with Snake Eyes already.

I got lucky and found the troopers on the first try. Roadblock on the other hand I think I made 5 trips. They are some of the best 6” figs I’ve seen

78867F2E-F225-46B7-91CD-6656A235D439.jpeg

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

I’m exhausted, but if I was to know where another score was I would make it happen again tomorrow. So much driving these past couple days. But worth it! Saw a killer lot with a few random pictures for $50. I was all over it. The tub was huge. Here are some pics. I had no idea sand crawlers were worth so much. While I was out there I hit up a couple targets and managed to get a few more troopers for friends. Also picked up a random Bucky o hare that I still haven’t found time to open.

B9853BD5-AB9F-49D3-A350-A7EFA58FC586.jpeg

29AB4675-96FA-4BFE-950A-2EBADD8966F4.jpeg

A829B515-F4F5-4B2F-86A7-6EA2877FF144.jpeg

62CC9A3D-197B-4724-A5A4-DC373689E8FD.jpeg

25146DA9-347B-4A32-9EDF-3AAF2FDF761E.jpeg

0017CDAA-3B4B-4CB8-8F7A-5B95E25169E4.jpeg

C7115C9D-4C5C-4E78-B1E7-178078B52768.jpeg

7 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I’m exhausted, but if I was to know where another score was I would make it happen again tomorrow. So much driving these past couple days. But worth it! Saw a killer lot with a few random pictures for $50. I was all over it. The tub was huge. Here are some pics. I had no idea sand crawlers were worth so much. While I was out there I hit up a couple targets and managed to get a few more troopers for friends. Also picked up a random Bucky o hare that I still haven’t found time to open.

Wow, sweet haul! You must be exhausted, but it's still a great feeling to get all of that treasure back home and go through it. Congrats!

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

lol 

Boba Fett alone will get you $30-40 if it is in half decent shape. 

The hovercraft fins... 

Apparently the California Gold Rush is still going on. 

..... @STORMSHADOW_80 :whee: snap peas! Blew my mind grapes, are you sure you want all that?!? :devil: hahaha

Congrats! ^^ man I new you went diving but, more glad that it was with family and you came prepared! :headbang: 

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I got lucky and found the troopers on the first try. Roadblock on the other hand I think I made 5 trips. They are some of the best 6” figs I’ve seen

Target originally had a street date of 8/14 on this figure and many others, so some Targets are refusing to sell them or put them out.  Did you have to get someone to fetch them from the back for you, and did they give you a hard time?

Most of my Targets are sold out of it already, but one of them is sitting on a full case of 6 in the back; you can track this via Target's publicly-available programming interface used by popfindr.com and brickseek.com.  I may try my luck today to see if I can find a salesperson willing to fetch them for me.

51 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol 

Boba Fett alone will get you $30-40 if it is in half decent shape. 

The hovercraft fins... 

Apparently the California Gold Rush is still going on. 

I'm thinking of keeping Boba Fett and maybe restoring the white tie fighter. I'll probably unload the SW stuff to a local collectible shop.

I think I actually need the hovercraft fin to have a full set. I'm glad that worked out :bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Target originally had a street date of 8/14 on this figure and many others, so some Targets are refusing to sell them or put them out.  Did you have to get someone to fetch them from the back for you, and did they give you a hard time?

Most of my Targets are sold out of it already, but one of them is sitting on a full case of 6 in the back; you can track this via Target's publicly-available programming interface used by popfindr.com and brickseek.com.  I may try my luck today to see if I can find a salesperson willing to fetch them for me.

The first set of troopers i got off the pegs and made sure to self check out as i heard sometimes the cashiers would see that 8/14 street date and not want to sell them even though it's not register locked. Yes all the other times i had to argue about hasbro putting out an official statement that they are released early. I've been using popfindr. Good luck out there. I still haven't had these hit my local area and people are already getting wave 2 elsewhere. Madness i tell you.

5 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm thinking of keeping Boba Fett and maybe restoring the white tie fighter. I'll probably unload the SW stuff to a local collectible shop.

I think I actually need the hovercraft fin to have a full set. I'm glad that worked out :bigsmile:

The 12" IG-88 is also worth keeping.  They do not come up that often and even without weapons usually go for $100-150

23 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

..... @STORMSHADOW_80 :whee: snap peas! Blew my mind grapes, are you sure you want all that?!? :devil: hahaha

Congrats! ^^ man I new you went diving but, more glad that it was with family and you came prepared! :headbang: 

Thanks bro! Secretly I'm hoping now i can take a break, but when opprotunity knocks...

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Some of my Targets haven't put them out, and others have them on the shelves, but when you try to check out, they won't sell them due to street date. I've never understood why they put them on the shelves if they won't sell them, seems like it'd be a hassle to keep taking them back to the shelves all of the time. Seems like they'd clear the shelves an put them back in the back at that point. I know a lot of folks are having luck with breaking street date, but mine won't. Same story with the McFarlane DC figs back in January, and I've had the same thing happen with Transformers and Marvel Legends before. So I guess I'll try my luck on 8/14.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

The 12" IG-88 is also worth keeping.  They do not come up that often and even without weapons usually go for $100-150

Thanks for the heads up. I have an appointment on thursday so all the info i can get ahead of time i appreciate it. 12" vaders arms are off. I may try to fix that some how. Unfortunately IG88s hands are broken :p

Do you know what that piece of fur cloth is for? I thought it might have been an ewok hood but those all seem to be vinyl.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Some of my Targets haven't put them out, and others have them on the shelves, but when you try to check out, they won't sell them due to street date. I've never understood why they put them on the shelves if they won't sell them, seems like it'd be a hassle to keep taking them back to the shelves all of the time. Seems like they'd clear the shelves an put them back in the back at that point. I know a lot of folks are having luck with breaking street date, but mine won't. Same story with the McFarlane DC figs back in January, and I've had the same thing happen with Transformers and Marvel Legends before. So I guess I'll try my luck on 8/14.

You just have to self checkout. Eazy peesy

Just now, F For Fake said:

Usually someone made a mistake by putting things like this out.  Then the space where they were in the stock room is shuffled about or filled in so bringing back an endcap of product is not an easy task since all the other shelves around it have been adjusted to accommodate that product. 

If stores sell items before the street date there actually can be penalties for the vendor.   When I worked for Disney they actively went after people that violated street date rules.  I remember there even being rewards if you had a dated receipt that showed you bought a particular video or DVD before the street date.