• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

I decided to paint my Reprobubble 3D-printed Super Powers Quadrex figure.  I wanted to use the color scheme from the original character design sketch, but the color of the printed plastic (lavender blue-ish) wouldn't work with that.  I found that I dislike painting 3D printed plastic (all those layer print lines).  I should wax dip each piece and then recast the whole thing (far too much work when there are so many other projects...).  Stealth Wonder Woman included for scale.

Quadrex Paint (2).JPG

17 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Are they really in that nice of shape?

I also thought I read somewhere that something similar happed in the late 80s with Mego Star Trek figures that really sank the prices down.

Still, the MASK find is really neat.

That was the Parkdale Novelty find. That was is in the early-to-mid 80’s. 

The difference is that it was only a couple of years after Mego went out of business and shortly after people could buy brand-new carded Star Trek figures in bargain bins at discount stores. 

I don’t know that the sale of the Parkdale figures “sank” the collectible Trek figures market so much as it set the top price for ‘mint, factory-fresh’ pieces as that market was emerging.  

I think this find of case-fresh figures 40 years after they were available at retail is going to play out differently. 

39 minutes ago, bikesnbuses said:

Bend n Flex Megos !! ..And all the 8" WGSH also..but my cabinet is FULL so you cant see those..these here fall out when I open the door..LOL81mifsfHZ-1snUiWgm7HlDVaAUDON-pHKOgT9GwTSwEZSaElUyBiQORWMq4qk1nA58Yo0bQRSJPKoc8DaEo3YrloKlwdxcLq2wunfqckIXebmMsIP2V_bW7H-0Ly3QbeGtyj6lZpqRLGUFGNOm8MEpsbpPSwn5go_GMSBTil_cQ501lret8BfCqAMF-T_jfOrmLocwV3XqPGZQJHxYO5sTaFY1dwUV0OypEqBxHiNWTSyUL17G_G-YmT-CLN7cR6e964Uo3ez5ti1RP-Rjo6yqbLdFgZNeFoNhrAqzaVyf6dzGIYmCqT8oUgmm1k4jgHcSCYBoN8tTBCMIQ-kVLl9oA2a2Tg3cguEYQXEbbcywcUkNAAeqVBfeWPXX633BQbPMxi3aMV14QLoF49V7zNX6uI4HwdkSPwX7X-2anbaCEMFXrrfhoGZ4FJ-And5AngqkcyLuC6-rXw8zdSOZA5fspOc9o3kvvBlLmC0f3rvmqokyyU5EdNpDeij3nEXqdXB-bvpjKpurvHHLl1L1Qxd6cK-1wqMrjBKo0KcH4gtzMVh3F-2PqbZEFqcxAfDzoXbcoZDSyHCfxHeVEqvFf_JYc_Ypvj4T66GUYH-wmwhkZR2xKOjkMkelmB-l37Az2qMyhK8KH4XUxh5-g_pFAYoKcQmbM_gL3nCdXALrW6iBMKvv0emX7KaEey6uLVnA=w1268-h757-no?authuser=0

Keep posting brah.  I like all the weird stuff.

Patrick

2 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I went to the LEGO store today! 

September 16th... Here comes the spaceport you always wanted. 

Pics were leaked yesterday. 

Side note... I saw the Walrusman in another pic.  That figure must have leaked last year or something because it is pretty much the same in comparison to a bootleg Walrusman I already have from China. 

Messages Image(130877771).png

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

September 16th... Here comes the spaceport you always wanted. 

Pics were leaked yesterday. 

Side note... I saw the Walrusman in another pic.  That figure must have leaked last year or something because it is pretty much the same in comparison to a bootleg Walrusman I already have from China. 

Messages Image(130877771).png

I’ll be back for that one fo sho!

Next... I asked the guys to get me a Speeder Bike.

The speeder bike uses two rods with arms at the end like the ones on the Falcon... (I have a lot of spare parts laying around since I had bought out some generic lots over the years.). This enabled me... them to connect the front mandibles but still swivel in for storage. The rods then slide up and the bike folds up a bit to make it more compact for storage.  A cart attaches to the bike using the port from 1970's and 80's early space.  I love that this stuff has always been compatible with what came before it.   The Crane Train itself is a HTF set that I bought on eBay when you could easily get sets like that. 

The Bike, the wagon, and two crates of tools are easily stored on board.  Not pictured is a spare generic astromech I had laying around and an ugnaught has been fitted into the main cockpit with a nanny assassin droid.  I am sure that Lego will eventually make their own... but for now this will suffice.  Oh, and I added a fire extinguisher.  All the big ships usually had them. 

IMG_9892.jpeg

IMG_9894.jpeg

IMG_9895.jpeg

IMG_9896.jpeg

IMG_9897.jpeg

IMG_9898.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I’ll be back for that one fo sho!

Wait and see what type of promo they offer.  I have not bought anything since double points unless I found it on deep discount on Amazon or wanted the promo.  That means the last time I ordered anything directly from Lego was when they did double points and I ordered the Razor Crest back in April/March?

October or November is usually a good month but they might make ordering Mos Eisely interesting with a certain promo. 

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

@Buzzetta GREAT pics!  Love those original lego guys building your new sets! :golfclap:

... Now put some word balloons in there!  :devil::grin:

As I have the boards open and watching Heritage and eBay I am trying to put together a Kodak Scanza for my grandfather's old slides... 

I don't know what the hell I am doing. 

Now you want me to put word balloons in pictures... 

Let's all be lucky I can do important things like make memes using imagflip. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

As I have the boards open and watching Heritage and eBay I am trying to put together a Kodak Scanza for my grandfather's old slides... 

I don't know what the hell I am doing. 

I have a Canon flatbed that was made for film/negatives.  Too bad it won't function with Windows 10.  Sometimes I hate technology.

Just now, Yorick said:

I have a Canon flatbed that was made for film/negatives.  Too bad it won't function with Windows 10.  Sometimes I hate technology.

I thought there would be software or something or that it would pick it up with my mac... nope... 

I have to look at everything on the view screen and save it to a SD Card.

I am also trying to figure out which is the best way to put the slides in the trays using the right trays and feeders... I spent what I did on this because supposedly the higher price meant ease in use.  :(

This is my Christmas present to everyone for socially distant Christmas... I have about 6,000 slides to go through from WWII to the late 60's possibly 70's.

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought there would be software or something or that it would pick it up with my mac... nope... 

I have to look at everything on the view screen and save it to a SD Card.

I am also trying to figure out which is the best way to put the slides in the trays using the right trays and feeders... I spent what I did on this because supposedly the higher price meant ease in use.  :(

This is my Christmas present to everyone for socially distant Christmas... I have about 6,000 slides to go through from WWII to the late 60's possibly 70's.

I'm surprised you can't just connect that to your computer with the USB cable and save files directly to the computer.  If I had 6000 slides, I'd hate to do them on that Scanza... one... at.... a.... time....