• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Everytime I think that thinks are going to get better life kicks me in the balls. The main reason wife is sick (Lyme. PKD and Breast Cancer) and its has all become too much. All the stuff just doesn't bring joy anymore and so I am selling off most everything I own. The money could be used elsewhere and I just can't feel the same way about collecting/stuff anymore.

I’m sorry to hear about this, I hope everything works out as best as possible.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man talk about jogging a memory! @srezvan I had that TMNT board game! :headbang: 

I only remember playing it two or three times, when my brother was super young lol 

I remember plastic stand ups though :) of the characters?

I think my folks traded in old toys for new lol I can't blame them, if we could go back haha

I had that game too! I was just aging out of "playing with toys" when the Turtles really blew up, but I still got the first wave of figure and this game for either CHristmas or my b-day, can't recall (my b-day is two weeks after x-mas, so it's easy to confuse). 

The best thing about that game was the character stands that you mentioned (I believe they were thick illustrated cardboard that slid into plastic holders), and the dice...thingie...I don't know how to explain it. It was like a little seesaw, or mini-catapult, that you'd use to flip/roll the dice. Man that was fun! 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:18 AM, comicwiz said:

Excuse the screenshot, but it was simpler to share it this way. For now this serves as a supplement on the research I've done on the unreleased IRWIN Mini Lion, and explains the exclusive use of the IRWIN black logo on the Mini Lion. I'll eventually update the research article, and here's a handy link to it for anyone who hasn't seen it. The boards seem to shrink it, you can click here and see it zoomed in.

Irwiin-Mini-Lion-black-logo.gif

Can't believe I missed this earlier! I always enjoy these posts. I don't collect Voltron at all, but have voyeuristically very much enjoyed your research and journey in collecting.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I had that game too! I was just aging out of "playing with toys" when the Turtles really blew up, but I still got the first wave of figure and this game for either CHristmas or my b-day, can't recall (my b-day is two weeks after x-mas, so it's easy to confuse). 

The best thing about that game was the character stands that you mentioned (I believe they were thick illustrated cardboard that slid into plastic holders), and the dice...thingie...I don't know how to explain it. It was like a little seesaw, or mini-catapult, that you'd use to flip/roll the dice. Man that was fun! 

awesome times, I remember the smell of the cardboard, and thinking this character is "off-center" for the holder and the pic was too lol 

If I only knew how much that would translate to comics in the future, and the few mis-cut comics I have in slabs now!

Master Splinter would have said Cowabunga!

On 11/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, Shadow Images said:

Everytime I think that thinks are going to get better life kicks me in the balls. The main reason wife is sick (Lyme. PKD and Breast Cancer) and its has all become too much. All the stuff just doesn't bring joy anymore and so I am selling off most everything I own. The money could be used elsewhere and I just can't feel the same way about collecting/stuff anymore.

Very sorry to hear that, certainly hope it all works out ok. As you know, at the end of the day, it's just stuff. I'd hate to give it all up too, but the day usually comes for all of us, one reason or another. You've got your priorities straight and are taking care of your family, and that's very admirable. Good luck with everything.

Very sorry to hear about what your wife and your family are going through right now. 

Sorry to hear. I hope you will achieve a positive outcome for your wife's health issues.

Very sorry to hear this!

Prayers for you & your wife! 

It's not like the last Haslab project lasted long on-screen...how long from first appearance to it exploding was it, 20 minutes?  The Razor Crest lasted far longer and was far more integral to the story.  Doesn't much matter that it's now vaporized, it's still an iconic ship and a beautiful rendering of it.  Aside from the Millennium Falcon what other ship can the great majority of fans who aren't stuck in the past identify more easily by name than the Razor Crest?

untitled-152.gif

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It's not like the last Haslab project lasted long on-screen...how long from first appearance to it exploding was it, 20 minutes?  The Razor Crest lasted far longer and was far more integral to the story.  Doesn't much matter that it's now vaporized, it's still an iconic ship and a beautiful rendering of it.  Aside from the Millennium Falcon what other ship can the great majority of fans who aren't stuck in the past identify more easily by name than the Razor Crest?

untitled-152.gif

lol - I figured that you might say that... however, this morning when I watched I was surprised it was obliterated in the way it was.   I am curious to see what Mando ends up with for his next ride. 

The barge is an outlier to this because it was one of the few vintage vehicles that everyone always wanted that they never made. 

There were a lot of guys reporting that they bought it just to put vintage figures on it... which... I have to admit is one of the few reasons I have not opened it ... that and space. 

As far as iconic ships in the modern era that is a great point.  Closest things I can think of, but are not near the popularity of the Razor Crest is the Naboo Starfighter due to the elegance of the design.   There is one ship that I would have easily bought though.  That is the GHOST from Rebels.  This was the equivalent of a WWII bomber.  I believe that there is a very strong market for a Hasbro version of that ship based on aftermarket Lego sales and the number of Hasbro scale customs.

EDt25Y8X4AET4C5.jpg

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

As far as iconic ships in the modern era that is a great point.  Closest things I can think of, but are not near the popularity of the Razor Crest is the Naboo Starfighter due to the elegance of the design.   There is one ship that I would have easily bought though.  That is the GHOST from Rebels.  This was the equivalent of a WWII bomber.  I believe that there is a very strong market for a Hasbro version of that ship based on aftermarket Lego sales and the number of Hasbro scale customs.

If you're naming a class of vehicle the X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter, and AT-AT Walkers are pretty famous.  But when it comes to individually-named ships aside from the Falcon it probably boils down to two ships--the Razor Crest and Slave I.  And at this point the Razor Crest has had FAR more screen time.

There are repaints of Scarlett and Roadblock on the way in the Classified line. I don't understand that line at all. It just seems all over the place. Flint and Lady Jaye are ok I guess. Their faces could be better. With the release of the cartoon music on vinyl record, I guess I just want either bigger and updated versions of those old Joes. Or of course the Resolute Joes which I mention all the time.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:49 PM, fantastic_four said:

If you're naming a class of vehicle the X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter, and AT-AT Walkers are pretty famous.  But when it comes to individually-named ships aside from the Falcon it probably boils down to two ships--the Razor Crest and Slave I.  And at this point the Razor Crest has had FAR more screen time.

So... the chatter on a couple of Star Wars sites is that Mando somehow ends up with Slave 1

So... I broke down... I owned this once before when it was available from Amazon and had picked it up on clearance for $50.  I remember selling it for near $200.  Then they reissued it this year with new paint apps.   So for anyone else that is noticing... I noticed this morning that there has been a LOT of sales of this ship over the last two weeks...

The ship retails for $150 and is selling for more than that + shipping on eBay

Best Buy not only has some in stock, you can go to your offers and rewards in your account and you should find a one time use $25% off coupon.

Mine should be here by next Monday.   $112.49 + $9.70 Tax ...

This one also apparently comes with a plexiglass display stand... 

Considering that I ordered that Boba Fett figure that is to be released in 2021... this will look 'fun' on a shelf in the basement. 

EDIT: Sold out on BBTS, Amazon, and Dorkside Toys. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-boba-fetts-slave-i-toy-vehicle/6403132.p?skuId=6403132

2001205825_ScreenShot2020-12-06at8_24_00PM.thumb.png.e607030958fe9a1ca35133de7e65d766.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.15.44 PM.png2001205825_ScreenShot2020-12-06at8_24_00PM.thumb.png.e607030958fe9a1ca35133de7e65d766.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Hello all!

Took a week of vacation to disconnect from the world, yet managed to find my way into a couple of comic shops in the process. :D Picked up some additional Funko goodness; got a Blade, Magneto, & Frost Giant Loki to add to the collection. Also had a pair of custom Pop's done by the extremely talented Kyle Willis. My wife's favorite Disney character is Stitch, so I reached out to Kyle & he did a fantastic job with a pair of custom jobs. First is a custom "Rafiki with Stitch" conversion of the Rafiki with Simba Pop; which is a direct rip from the Lilo & Stitch movie trailer. The second is a Venomized Stitch...because there are times I just can't help myself. ;) I'm liking customization with the Pop's, and think they could be a unique gift option, even though I know it ruins the value of the base pop sacrificed to the process. Still, considering how many common's there are out there, I don't think a Wall-E to Johnny Five conversion will be too hard to bear.