• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2020 at 7:38 PM, fantastic_four said:

Today is the last day for that Best Buy 25% off deal so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Slave I.  Given the resale value on it $120 seems like a steal.  It ends at midnight, so anyone thinking about it needs to pull the trigger within the next few hours.

I just watched the final episode... you will be glad you did. 

This will become a very desired vehicle next Christmas.

:D 

1 hour ago, IkewithMike said:

You have to be kidding. I was planning on getting a PS5 for less.

Screenshot_20201218-053716_Samsung Internet.jpg

That set retailed for $109.99 US but has been discontinued.  That is a resale advertised on BB Canada.  However there are still some out there floating around in Walmarts in the states.  I just did a stock search in my local area and they are all sold out.  I would have done the transaction and shipped it to you.  At this point, eBay might be the best alternative.  As it came out last year, I would not expect another version of this ship for at least a couple of more years. 

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That set retailed for $109.99 US but has been discontinued.  That is a resale advertised on BB Canada.  However there are still some out there floating around in Walmarts in the states.  I just did a stock search in my local area and they are all sold out.  I would have done the transaction and shipped it to you.  At this point, eBay might be the best alternative.  As it came out last year, I would not expect another version of this ship for at least a couple of more years. 

Thanks for the sentiment, but its all good. Just can't believe the mark up already

2 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I pulled the trigger an hour before midnight and paid $122.19 after taxes. Thanks to Buzz & FF for the heads up. (thumbsu

Were you able to have it delivered to your home or to the store?  Another friend of mine out in Suffolk county who is not on the boards tried to get one and he can pick his up in Levittown.  

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Were you able to have it delivered to your home or to the store?  Another friend of mine out in Suffolk county who is not on the boards tried to get one and he can pick his up in Levittown.  

I am picking it up on 12/26 either in Levittown or Westbury. Either one doesn't matter to me since I am always on the road. 

20 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

My He-man and Battle cat came in!! It is a soft head and stamped Mexico 1981. Really nice condition. Can anyone tell me the rarity of this compared to the made in Taiwan figures? 

12EAC990-BD74-4F47-9369-2CA5A951CDC5.jpeg

29843577-0D9A-4430-AC5C-6C93CCE849E9.jpeg

Awesome, still one of my favs.

Not sure on the rarity. 
The early figures had a similar head to body mismatch like the one pictured (different complexions, don't always sit flush, etc). 

I looked at the recently released one thru Walmart.  Though the joints are clearly much better, I actually like the original over the new one. 

Now you've got me wanting to post some MOTU. 

Patrick

9 hours ago, Talapas1 said:

My local collecting group did secret Santa this year and I got hooked up with some Joes, Ewoks, and a Flash Gordon accessory.  

07292796-3A96-4007-8E4F-CEB774588FFA.jpeg

Python Patrol is so legit.  Love the color scheme. 

Which figure is the Flash accessory for?  Got to be the 79-80 Mattel series. 

Patrick 

Edited by followtheleader

4 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Thanks to Buzz & FF for the heads up. (thumbsu

Yep.  Even if either of us decides we don't have room for it re-selling it for at least a small profit should be dead-easy.

3 hours ago, Talapas1 said:

1979 Flash Gordon Lizard Woman Action Figure | Etsy

This one.    

And I love the Python Vipers a ton.   Been slowly army building them.   

Think I'm in love w/ that Lizard Woman. 

She's got me spinning.  Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk, inside that trunk. 

Wish I had that line carded.  

Patrick 

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Think I'm in love w/ that Lizard Woman. 

She's got me spinning.  Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk, inside that trunk. 

Wish I had that line carded.  

Patrick 

She’s currently tending bar in my cantina.

12 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

had the original 12 of these for many years, but just found a great shop nearby me here in portlandia that has tons of vintage toys and figures. so i picked up the cantina creatures, bossk, and yoda too. need a boba fett before i will feel semi- complete about this. but of course it's never complete. 

i still remember BIG D, the store on long island where i used to go as a kid to buy toys, and the thrill of seeing a new star wars character or empire character. it's amazing what emotions some old toys can bring back. 

star-wars-figures2.jpg

Hey Alex, I’m in the Pacific Northwest too!  What shop did you hit up?  I’m guessing I know which one, but I’m always hunting for new haunts.