• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,313 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

For $20 shipped?  why not... 

However... you know when we ask the question, "Does it really mean anything to say, pet free, smoke free, air conditioned home?"

Yes... yes it does... 

This can soak for a good hour or two. 

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1701.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

Wow the picture you show was before or after? How much can the white can be whiter than yellowish and what do you use in the soaking water,im new in this its really interesting  plus im always buying in flea market could really help me thanks!

Edited by Namtak

16 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Wow the picture you show was before or after? How much can the white can be whiter than yellowish and what do you use in the soaking water,im new in this its really interesting  plus im always buying in flea market could really help me thanks!

It’s the 1997 POTF2 A-Wing so aside from the removal of the electronics it’s a direct mold of the original from the 1983-1984 Star Wars droids line. 

This was... dirty though... it had pieces of hair attached to it and it had a dirty and grimy feel to it.    It was more the feel than the look as the ship is painted to be weathered.  So I removed the metal screws and took the ship apart letting it soak in a tub of warm water and dish soap.  Eventually I will rinse and wipe it down to dry and hopefully remove the grime.  Once done I will put it all together again.  

15 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

@Buzzetta Or anyone have experience with light kits for Legos? I was looking at some of these 

Light My Bricks

I do not have any personal experience but after you tagging me in this I finally decided to check it out.  I was going to consider the light kit for the Ford Mustang and decided to check out the installation guide.  For the price they are asking and with the company themselves adding the disclaimer that the components are easily damaged I am hesitant.  

I do know though that there are multiple companies that offer these products: https://www.google.com/search?q=lego+lcd+light+kit&oq=lego+lcd+light+kit&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i13j0i22i30l2j0i22i30i395j0i8i13i30i395l5.4894j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I also know that there have been rumors for years that Lego was considering adding this themselves but nothing ever comes about. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I do not have any personal experience but after you tagging me in this I finally decided to check it out.  I was going to consider the light kit for the Ford Mustang and decided to check out the installation guide.  For the price they are asking and with the company themselves adding the disclaimer that the components are easily damaged I am hesitant.  

I do know though that there are multiple companies that offer these products: https://www.google.com/search?q=lego+lcd+light+kit&oq=lego+lcd+light+kit&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i13j0i22i30l2j0i22i30i395j0i8i13i30i395l5.4894j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I also know that there have been rumors for years that Lego was considering adding this themselves but nothing ever comes about. 

Thanks for the reply! They are a bit pricey for something that could break while installing. I have looked at a couple other companies but this one seemed to have the best lighting effects.  My nephew and I are just about finished with RoS Falcon and I’m pretty tempted to grab a kit. 

Im surprised Lego hasn’t produced them yet, especially for the expensive collectors sets. 

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

All done... it's hard to tell in the pic but the plastic is smooth to the touch instead of 'gritty' and 'rough' in patches.   The canopy is a bit more clear.  The accents on the mold are sharper.  The thing must have been dusty and never cleaned or it got wet and then caked on.   It 'feels' cleaner.   

These things are far easier to take apart than put together.  I will tell you that. 

IMG_1713.jpeg

I've loved nearly every SW vehicle design.  This is one I want to find cheap and then re-paint (in some crazy off-color).  Maybe I'll pick up the ForceLink extended frame version, but I don't like that it doesn't have landing "legs" and just sits on the back fins.  This POF version might be the one I'll settle on....

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

I've loved nearly every SW vehicle design.  This is one I want to find cheap and then re-paint (in some crazy off-color).  Maybe I'll pick up the ForceLink extended frame version, but I don't like that it doesn't have landing "legs" and just sits on the back fins.  This POF version might be the one I'll settle on....

This one is also on it's way to me for $32 shipped.  This was the tougher to find version with the retooled cockpit.  I think it was a Walmart exclusive.   The original Kenner design along with the SKiff are some of the only Star Wars toys that are still in production aside from a few minor tweaks (like paint deco and maybe a slight retooling like the console on the A-Wing and the alternate railing on the skiff).

Is there anything else out there?  The Falcon, AT-AT, AT-ST, Slave 1, and X-Wing were basically retired for their 2nd Generation counterparts around 15 years ago.  The Tie Fighter and Interceptor 'could' be considered but they have had a retooling with the cockpits and have received newer and more movie accurate and larger sized wings. 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta