• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Sweet!I just read Deadpools Secret Secret Wars and got very nostalgic for a lenticular shield.I think I want to hunt one down,I still have some loose toys

Uummmm deadpool wasnt born yet for those secret war toys....:makepoint:

13 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Uummmm deadpool wasnt born yet for those secret war toys....:makepoint:

Yah,but he still slipped in in this dollarama trade I picked up.And incorperated the shields into the story

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Yah,but he still slipped in in this dollarama trade I picked up.And incorperated the shields into the story

Do you have it sealed want more info,interesting.

4 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Do you have it sealed want more info,interesting.

It's just a trade collection of a miniseries.Check your local Dollaramas.Here in Ontario at least they've had soft and hardcover trades from the last few decades for 3-4$.How I've been slowly catching up.At the price of a floppy,I'll go without food for a big pile of reading.

clean.jpg

8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

It's just a trade collection of a miniseries.Check your local Dollaramas.Here in Ontario at least they've had soft and hardcover trades from the last few decades for 3-4$.How I've been slowly catching up.At the price of a floppy,I'll go without food for a big pile of reading.

clean.jpg

Well stay there Lucky guy theres none in dollorama near montreal

2 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Well stay there Lucky guy theres none in dollorama near montreal

Bummer mon frere.If shipping was better they still have loads of doubles.:cry: Well,if shipping was at all affordable or reliable,really!

That stinks.Maybe it's coz it's a language thing do you think?

Imagine if you got new old stock EH! collections!?

I'd run all the way

15 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Bummer mon frere.If shipping was better they still have loads of doubles.:cry: Well,if shipping was at all affordable or reliable,really!

That stinks.Maybe it's coz it's a language thing do you think?

Imagine if you got new old stock EH! collections!?

I'd run all the way

Eh for héritage comics in french reprints of marvel and later dc?we got a ton of them in flea markets

Edited by Namtak

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Eh for héritage comics in french reprints of marvel and later dc?we got a ton of them in flea markets

Them's the ones.Being in Ottawa-I can see Hull from my back window- I see them on occasion.

I used to wait tables at Dunns Famous for years so before I,ah,retired I got to keep my French fresh.Now watching Montreal films and reading my Edition Heritage comics is how I try to keep mon mots.

I have about ten collections and a long of EH.Sadly,many of the remaindered rebounds are being destroyed to take out keys,they're getting harder to find and there can't be a lot to begin with?

Here's a Montoy(clever no?) from Dollarama to keep on topic.Doesn't fit my og Soundwave but I still found it fantastic

126228408_2774450712803638_4601550338306125870844_377420636703903_52734290927606

I wonder if kids are like what the heckin is that sposed to be lol 

PS nice to 'meet' you!

I'm Jimmers

40 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Them's the ones.Being in Ottawa-I can see Hull from my back window- I see them on occasion.

I used to wait tables at Dunns Famous for years so before I,ah,retired I got to keep my French fresh.Now watching Montreal films and reading my Edition Heritage comics is how I try to keep mon mots.

I have about ten collections and a long of EH.Sadly,many of the remaindered rebounds are being destroyed to take out keys,they're getting harder to find and there can't be a lot to begin with?

Here's a Montoy(clever no?) from Dollarama to keep on topic.Doesn't fit my og Soundwave but I still found it fantastic

126228408_2774450712803638_4601550338306125870844_377420636703903_52734290927606

I wonder if kids are like what the heckin is that sposed to be lol 

PS nice to 'meet' you!

I'm Jimmers

Same here Nice to meet you,very un usually for me to think about toys and dollorama,ypu may be on to something here yes they might be cheap but the one you show is pretty cool ,good day(thumbsu

4 minutes ago, srezvan said:

I posted in the comic room the building of this, but I just moved it to a new spot and put some Joes in there.

20210308_122340.jpg

20210308_122353.jpg

I'm always jealous of other people's lighting lol

I have a lot of windows that take up whole walls, but have heavy blankets or curtains 

I'm tempted to let them RIP and enjoy some brightness, just in Texas it make it hot, still cool looking and innovative shelf space!  :headbang:

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm always jealous of other people's lighting lol

I have a lot of windows that take up whole walls, but have heavy blankets or curtains 

I'm tempted to let them RIP and enjoy some brightness, just in Texas it make it hot, still cool looking and innovative shelf space!  :headbang:

I open the shade for the picture, then closed it. My room has LED lights and UV filters on the windows, and good shades.

21 hours ago, srezvan said:

I posted in the comic room the building of this, but I just moved it to a new spot and put some Joes in there.

20210308_122340.jpg

20210308_122353.jpg

Ha, I was about to say "Oh cool! I saw another guy that did a display from an ammo case like this!" Then I realize that "another guy" was you, and I read it here. I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. doh!

Did some peddler mall digging this weekend in a nearby town. Was super stoked to finally find a DC Essentials Superman at a not completely stupid price. Paid $50 for him, but that's still a lot better than the $100 he commands on the bay. Now if I could find a Reverse Flash and Deathstroke, I'd be all set on the pricey guys. The search continues!

I don't really collect SW much, of PotF2 at all, but when I see them cheap, I dig around to find cheap variants. Dug this long tray short saber Vader out for $5. I'll take it!

At another shop, I saw these Dark Horse Deluxe X-Men figures. When DH started releasing the Classic Cartoon figures, I had a bunch of them, and loved them. Pogo, Albert, Krazy Kat, Ignatz, Lil Abner, etc. I got a ton of them on clearance from Bud Plant back in the day, those were good times! Of course, as I am wont to do, I eventually sold them, way before they got around to doing these X-Men figures. These things retailed for $50 or thereabouts. This shop had these two Wolvies for $9.99 each. The guy said that they'd been there for years, so he gave them to me for $7 a pop! Can't beat that with a bat. I think I'll keep the one that is complete with the button and card. It's a low number (I got #14 and #15) and as there are only 675 in the run, it's one of the less common Wolverine figure collectibles you're going to see out there. Kinda neat! I can feel the urge to get back into these faux syroco figures again, and I must fight that urge! With violence if necessary!

IMG_9739.JPG

IMG_9741.JPG

IMG_9743.JPG

IMG_9744.JPG

IMG_9751.JPG

IMG_9754.JPG

10 hours ago, D84 said:

I'll admit, some angles the sculpt looks off

That's the uncanny valley, a well-known phenomenon where if a human face looks close enough to one you're familiar with but not quite 100% accurate it can make you oddly uncomfortable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Almost all Hot Toys movie figures have it to some degree.  Indy there looks about as good as most do, with some looking far worse and some better.  The oddest thing about the uncanny valley is that something can look LESS like a real person and be more aesthetically pleasing than something that looks almost perfect but not quite right.