• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Again, not really a "toy", but this still seems like the best thread to post in. A few months ago I finally landed a nice sealed copy of the Alien game by Green Valley, and now, at long last, I've got a sealed copy of Aliens the Computer Game! I've been searching for one of these, sealed, for a long time. About a month ago, one popped up on eBay, and I put in what I thought was a pretty aggressive bid of $200. It sold for $203 or thereabouts, I just missed it. Didn't think I'd find another one, when suddenly I get an ebay alert a couple of days ago, a BIN of $100. Couldn't believe my eyes, but I snapped it up! It got here two days later. So happy to have it. 

I had to save and save and save to get this game when I was a kid, and I played the ever loving carp out of it. Lots of great memories here.

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

I hope you have a Joystick, because it's required.  Side note: Who the hell named it a Joystick, just so wrong. 

What year did this come out?  89ish? 

Patrick

7 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I hope you have a Joystick, because it's required.  Side note: Who the hell named it a Joystick, just so wrong. 

What year did this come out?  89ish? 

Patrick

Oh believe me, I always have my joystick handy!

I think it was actually released in 87, one of the few bits of licensed merch released for the movie at that time. I would have bought it in 88, when I was 11. I remember that pretty vividly.

Edit: Looking at ye olde wiki, it appears that the C64 version was released in 1986. I saw Aliens on VHS, so that would have been around 1987 at the earliest (because movies took a lot longer to hit home video back then) so yeah, I'd say I definitely first bought it 87/88.

Edited by F For Fake

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Anybody else watching the Hasbro Pulse fan thing? @Buzzetta? That Transformers Titan Ark has me very excited!

Oh my lord... they've done it.

They are now transforming on their own. 

Tracks is my must buy and I am trying to check out now but Pulse is seizing.  Rodimus Prime is a most likely.   

I like the Optimus Prime that transforms itself... but I don't like it at $700 lol 

Passing on Rodimus right now for $80.  I like Hot Rod and I can live without Rodimus for $80.  That should be at a $50-60 price point by the look of it and based on previous sales.  I did not mind the $3 price increase on the Voyager size to get Tracks but I draw the line at Rodimus as an $80 figure.

By Christmas look for a flash sale of $59.99 for Rodimus on Amazon like they did on Jetfire. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh my lord... they've done it.

They are now transforming on their own. 

Tracks is my must buy and I am trying to check out now but Pulse is seizing.  Rodimus Prime is a most likely.   

I like the Optimus Prime that transforms itself... but I don't like it at $700 lol 

Ha, yeah, I'm the same. "Oooh, talking, auto-transforming Optimus! I need that."

"It's $699."

"Turns out I don't need that."

59 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Passing on Rodimus right now for $80.  I like Hot Rod and I can live without Rodimus for $80.  That should be at a $50-60 price point by the look of it and based on previous sales.  I did not mind the $3 price increase on the Voyager size to get Tracks but I draw the line at Rodimus as an $80 figure.

By Christmas look for a flash sale of $59.99 for Rodimus on Amazon like they did on Jetfire. 

Yeah, I think the Hot Rod figure was a pretty nice value at its size, but $80 for Rodimus is a bit much, especially when I only paid $60 for Jetfire. I'll be waiting for a sale on that one for sure.

Tracks is secured.  I have an unopened Masterpiece Tracks though... they talked this up as being a mini version... but I dunno... It looks good but not as good as the last two Optimus Primes that they released in comparison to his respective Masterpiece. 

MP Tracks vs Voyager Size

MP25-Tracks.jpg

image.png

image.png

Just now, Buzzetta said:

All GI Joe stuff is up for preorder right now on Hasbro Pulse. 

yeah, nothing for me, thankfully. I don't collect Classified scale and I don't really care about the Snake Eyes/Ninja stuff. I will get the Scarlett, but that's probably it.

Wow, the Transformers Ark has already sold out on Pulse, didn't make it to the post-premium window. Oh well. Hopefully BBTS or someone will have some, doesn't look like it was an exclusive.

While I am disappointed in the GI Joe stuff, again, I have to say, Hasbro is definitely demonstrating right now why going to SDCC to see things like this are going to become a thing of the past.  They have really stepped up their game since last year.  

I am very serious.  If I cannot get my usual free or heavily discounted passes to NYCC, I no longer feel as if I am missing out on anything and will skip the four days. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

yeah, nothing for me, thankfully. I don't collect Classified scale and I don't really care about the Snake Eyes/Ninja stuff. I will get the Scarlett, but that's probably it.

Wow, the Transformers Ark has already sold out on Pulse, didn't make it to the post-premium window. Oh well. Hopefully BBTS or someone will have some, doesn't look like it was an exclusive.

What was the price point on the Ark? I am sure it will be restocked.  If I see it on BBTS I will tag you in a post. 

I never got around to buying Omega Supreme. If I was going to buy a Titan Class figure... lol It would have to be Omega Supreme.   I am definitely going to stay strong this year as I continue to downsize. Gotta stay focused !

Just now, Buzzetta said:

What was the price point on the Ark? I am sure it will be restocked.  If I see it on BBTS I will tag you in a post. 

I never got around to buying Omega Supreme. If I was going to buy a Titan Class figure... lol It would have to be Omega Supreme.   I am definitely going to stay strong this year as I continue to downsize. Gotta stay focused !

The Ark was $159.99, which seems about right for a Titan. I appreciate your looking out!

I have gone back and forth on Omega Supreme. I keep telling myself I don't REALLY buy "new" toys, so I've mostly made myself stick to the Studio Series 86 figures, and others related to Transformers The Movie. But my resolve is legendarily weak!

I'm not an Iron Man guy, but if they're going to actually do the Soviet Super Soldiers figures, I may need that wave. The Dark Star is nice, and that Ursa Major is beautiful!

Edited by F For Fake

Just now, F For Fake said:

I'm not an Iron Man guy, but if they're going to actually do the Soviet Super Soldiers figures, I may need them. The Dark Star is nice, and that Ursa Major is beautiful!

Just saying the same lol  

Going to be good !

Interesting... Disney+ figures are being kept under wraps for now. I guess there is a spoiler in the Falcon and the Winter Solider assortment that they cannot show off. They made mention that the Wandavision pictures are out there. 

Edited by Buzzetta