• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Wow! That looks pretty darn close to a masterpiece figure

@Buzzetta

If anyone can find out scale or comparison please join in.  I *think* that the figure is Voyager sized.  They are supposedly going to be made more sturdy but with a higher price point.  The Power of the Primes Optimus with the Orion Pax was actually the same size as the Masterpiece counterpart but it was just a jumbled mess in my opinion as was the Rodimus Prime which was a parts-former as far as I was concerned.  Even at Voyager level this will probably earn it's way on my shelf.  I am being VERY selective these days. 

On 7/24/2018 at 10:25 AM, F For Fake said:

I think this figure is actually underrated, as this really marked a huge tide change with action figures, moving into the larger scale and introducing detailed sculpts to the mainstream. Without McFarlane's Spawn line, we wouldn't have NECA, Mezco, DC Direct, Marvel Legends, etc. I need to grab one or two of these. I've owned a bunch over the years, and have always sold them. Need to add one to the permanent collection just out of respect!

Agreed. Spawn figures were game-changers. Good times.

9 hours ago, followtheleader said:
18 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Just my little man cave action figure display i just set up :bigsmile: 

IMG_20180725_143624.jpg

Awesome, I still don't have that black Secret Wars Spidey. 

Some day. 

I have the black, I’m missing the red and blue. 

21 hours ago, joecgcmaniac said:

Red and blue Spidey was harder for me to find. 

Many moons ago I had the opportunity to buy a 3 pack with the Black Spider-man in it. 

I thought it was too much.  I've never seen a 3 pack again.  

DOH

Patrick

12 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Many moons ago I had the opportunity to buy a 3 pack with the Black Spider-man in it. 

I thought it was too much.  I've never seen a 3 pack again.  

DOH

Patrick

NEVER. EVER. Pass up the Secret Wars multi-packs when you see them for sale. Not many out there intact.

2 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Anybody looking at the Star Wars and other action figures in the current Heritage auction?

53 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I looked at them. lol

Vintage Star Wars is something I’d love to get back into, but not enough funds or storage space for everything I’d love to own. 

These Star wars action figures on HA are fetching some ridiculous prices in these auctions! It's crazy what these people are bidding for a loose action figure in a graded slab. Maybe it would seem somewhat reasonable if packaged in a mint card but loose? Really??? 

31 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

These Star wars action figures on HA are fetching some ridiculous prices in these auctions! It's crazy what these people are bidding for a loose action figure in a graded slab. Maybe it would seem somewhat reasonable if packaged in a mint card but loose? Really??? 

If I read the descriptions correctly the figures are basically late stage prototypes or test figures. That makes them much rarer (and cooler) than your typical loose figure.

3 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

...and if you *really* want rare, try finding one of the Gulliver Castles. They're not as rare as the semi truck Playset, but they're damn rare. 

Anyone got any photos of this Secret Wars semi truck? Never even heard of it!

8 minutes ago, mysterio said:

If I read the descriptions correctly the figures are basically late stage prototypes or test figures. That makes them much rarer (and cooler) than your typical loose figure.

Would there be a comic book equivalent to a test figure? Like maybe an original art piece or something?

11 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Anyone got any photos of this Secret Wars semi truck? Never even heard of it!

I (of course) have pictures but they're on my computer at home. ? I'll post them either tonight when I get home from the bar or tomorrow sometime. It's really neat.