• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

The BumbleBee was a gift to my nephew, who is autistic and LOVES transformers and BumbleBee.

The Scourge is mine. I love third party figures, and these were simply amazing in detail.

20171110_164759.jpg

20171110_164815.jpg

20171110_164841.jpg

20171129_115903.jpg

20171129_115921.jpg

Awesome!! I hope he enjoys it! I have an autistic nephew as well, he is real mechanical and would love something like that!

He built a system to operate toys like bulldozers etc that he has with some hoses, suction, and pressure...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
That

3 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Yeah he loved it, took him awhile to figure out how to transform, which is good that it kept him busy, I could barely do it myself

I had problems with getting them to transform as a kid, I've always thought as my relative got older I'd get him something like that. But he now has a brother and I'm not too sure they'd be good at sharing  :foryou:

I misspoke a little though, it's my cousin's son, so that would make him my second cousin!

I'll get it right in a minute lol

On 7/30/2018 at 6:12 AM, F For Fake said:

Had a good time at the Kentuckiana GI Joe Toy Expo this weekend. This was the fifth year, and the show has really grown, nearly doubling in size since last year. It's still a SMALL show, only one day for about 6 hours, but well worth a visit.

I was a little disappointed in the selection of ARAH figures this year, as it seemed they took a backseat to the 60's 12" Joes. Those are cool, don't get me wrong, but I am an 80's kid, so ARAH was my jam. Plus, I don't see how these guys store all of that 60's Joe stuff, as those pieces are ENORMOUS. Planes, boats, space capsules, it's all really neat, but you'd need a barn to hold all of it!

As for me, my goals this year were to pick up one "major" piece, a couple of complete vehicles, some drivers/troops that I needed, and whatever else caught my fancy. The mission was a success!

The Terror Drome needs a really, really good cleaning, BUT it is 100% complete, Firebat chains work perfectly, etc. Now I have to figure out where I'm gonna put the thing.

Nearly bought a Defiant for $400, but it was missing all of the expensive pieces and it would also have needed a serious cleaning. Also, if I came home with a Terror Drome AND a Defiant, the wife may have started divorce proceedings. (Oddly enough the Terror Drome has been sitting on a table in the basement for two days yet, she's walked by it numerous times, and hasn't even mentioned it. I think she's finally blind to my nerddom!)

Photo Jul 29, 11 33 14 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 30 25 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 29 48 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 26 44 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 26 31 PM.jpg

OMG That is an awesome haul! That Terror Drome looks super clean. White looks very bright. Congrats! I bet it will look great all set up with the collection.... I'm still chugging away on my custom flagg. I screwed in all the base blocks yesterday. Originally I didn't want to mess with any painting of the actual Flagg but now that my lower hangar looks sharp I need to repaint the top deck as it's pretty faded. Which of course also means replacing stickers :tonofbricks:

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

OMG That is an awesome haul! That Terror Drome looks super clean. White looks very bright. Congrats! I bet it will look great all set up with the collection.... I'm still chugging away on my custom flagg. I screwed in all the base blocks yesterday. Originally I didn't want to mess with any painting of the actual Flagg but now that my lower hangar looks sharp I need to repaint the top deck as it's pretty faded. Which of course also means replacing stickers :tonofbricks:

Thanks bud! Yeah, the Drome is in nice shape, and no noticeable yellowing to the grey parts, thankfully. However, it is SUPER dusty and needs a serious deep clean. Going to have to try to figure out how to get it taken apart without breaking anything, and then rinse it in a kiddie pool, I guess. The things we do for our toys! Can't wait to see how the Flagg turns out!!

21 hours ago, NoMan said:

WTF?

Dude, let me post the Future Warriors. Then you'll really be like "WTF?" They were all made from Secret Wars figure parts into new original characters. When I get a moment I'll post the MOC set of 8 that I had. 

30 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Dude, let me post the Future Warriors. Then you'll really be like "WTF?" They were all made from Secret Wars figure parts into new original characters. When I get a moment I'll post the MOC set of 8 that I had. 

thank you! i'm home bound and in need of cheering up. Seriously, I thank you.

BTW, dumb question from a non-collector: how do you know it's the same figure from toy to toy?

Edited by NoMan

On 7/31/2018 at 10:35 PM, followtheleader said:

Snootchie Bootchies

Met Kevin Smith in Boulder after Mall Rats came out. Couldn't believe how hard he was bashing that movie.  

They'll always be good times to me. 

Patrick

He was bashing his own movie? Remember that from my high school years. I think the guy from "my cousin Earl" was in that.

Excuse the off topic... 

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

thank you! i'm home bound and in need of cheering up. Seriously, I thank you.

BTW, dumb question from a non-collector: how do you know it's the same figure from toy to toy?

Not sure what you're asking. You mean how can you tell they used the Secret Wars figures for parts? You'll see. It's blatant. I'll post them in a bit. Still at work. 

27 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Not sure what you're asking. You mean how can you tell they used the Secret Wars figures for parts? You'll see. It's blatant. I'll post them in a bit. Still at work. 

Yes. Exactly. How you can tell. Thanks!  

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks bud! Yeah, the Drome is in nice shape, and no noticeable yellowing to the grey parts, thankfully. However, it is SUPER dusty and needs a serious deep clean. Going to have to try to figure out how to get it taken apart without breaking anything, and then rinse it in a kiddie pool, I guess. The things we do for our toys! Can't wait to see how the Flagg turns out!!

Just be careful taking the upper half off the lower (blue from the white).  The clips can break. 

I bought a super soft tooth brush and that works pretty well for cleaning.  

Just finished a major piece for my collection.  Now on to cleaning one of my largest.  

Patrick

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

He was bashing his own movie? Remember that from my high school years. I think the guy from "my cousin Earl" was in that.

Excuse the off topic... 

Yes, he said it was, by far, his worst movie. 

On the flip side, I saw him in Boulder again a couple years ago.  And he was super touting Tusk and the new Yoga movie.  

Heard Tusk was both super odd and interesting, but Yoga was horrible.  Hope to see them someday. 

Patrick

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Just be careful taking the upper half off the lower (blue from the white).  The clips can break. 

I bought a super soft tooth brush and that works pretty well for cleaning.  

Just finished a major piece for my collection.  Now on to cleaning one of my largest.  

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, yeah, the clips on the top half are my major concern. I've read on some forums that some folks used vaseline to lubricate the clips before they tried removing them, but I'm not sure if that would be effective or not. May be worth a try. Definitely going to be spending some toothbrush time with this beast. I would just spot clean it, but some of the dust is so ground in that I think a full immersion is the only thing that's going to get it totally clean. Luckily there's no yellowing, which is why I went ahead and picked it up even with the dirt. 

Ooh, what piece have you been working on? I love cleaning/resto pics, if you have any please share!