• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: HAN SOLO (5/25/18)

410 posts in this topic

Still not feeling this one. I just don't care about any of this, Han's story is told perfectly through the OT. That's his origin story for me, all rolled up in the massive space saga. I don't know what more there is to tell, other than the fanwank of the Kessel Run and how he originally got the Falcon in the first place. That's what we're getting, but I don't think it needed to be told. 

It's got a talented cast, I'll give it that, but I just can't see myself caring about this film. Never thought I'd say that about ANY Star Wars film, but here we are. 

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
On 4/9/2018 at 8:47 AM, fantastic_four said:

Trailer looks pretty good.  The scene of Chewie piledriving that dude looks bad-arse.  :headbang:

I agree looks great. I am getting a Deadpool fun like vibe. Should be another home run for Disney.

Interesting... I hadn't thought of Han Solo as "Deadpool vibe", but he sounded exactly like Deadpool when he replies to Leia's long string of insults with "who are you calling scruffy-looking?"  They could really make him a smart aleck when he was younger, and he wouldn't be stealing Deadpool's vibe because he had it in 1977. (thumbsu

Harrison Ford is a man of very few words with an extremely heavy personality, and that always came across in Han Solo even though he tried to really lighten himself up for that role.  He's about as far from Deadpool as I can possibly imagine.  But the pace and tone of the film is vaguely Deadpool-like.

Edited by fantastic_four

The Han Solo movie has a big piece of the potential that the prequel movies had.  If Disney is taking the lessons learned from the prequel trilogy, and lessons learned from movies like Deadpool, they could really satisfy the "old school" Star Wars fans with the Han Solo "origin" story.  I'm sure "old school" Star Wars fans have high expectations, but "younger Han Solo needs to be true to Han Solo" isn't a ridiculous goal.  It would have been much harder to have "young Darth Vader needs to be lovable and hate-able at the same time" like the prequels.

The Han Solo story is pretty much wide open, like Rogue One. 

Rogue One: We need the Death Star plans to get to the ship where Leia is... and Darth Vader to be following them.  Throw in some "almost Jedi" stuff, if you want.

Han Solo:  We need Han, Chewie, and Lando know each other from "way back" and that Han was able to do the Kessel Run in the Millenium Falcon. Throw in Maz Kanata or even Yoda, if you want.

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

Maybe we'll see why Maz liked Chewie so much. ;)

He can do things other 190 year old's can't :smirk: