• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: HAN SOLO (5/25/18)

410 posts in this topic

it's funny reading the reviews from page 8 and beyond. They are so trying to sell the sizzle but no one is buying it. I'll go check out the movie on Wednesday but Disney's tricks are no longer working on the audience.

Speaking of director Ron Howard's role in all this. He has a very bad track record of late.

His Stephen King Dark Tower adaption movie was a even bigger bomb than this last summer and his last Dan Brown adaption Inferno was so forgetable that no one remembers it ended the Dan Brown trilogy.

Ron Howard has been toxic when it comes to box office takes of late when it comes to doing big action adventure movies.

Anybody remember his other bomb In the Heart of the Sea?

Ron Howard should stick to making family dramas and stay far away from action blockbuster movies.

:preach:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm curious to see how this affects the next star wars movie.

I think it will do good. I really think it's movie fatigue. Other than Jurassic Park 2 and Incredibles 2 I don't see much anything else this summer that will bring them into the theatres like Avengers Infinity War,Black Panther and Deadpool 2 did. I think they should have released Han Solo around Thanksgiving/Christmas season.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

19 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Speaking of director Ron Howard's role in all this...

On the BBC Film Review it was stated that much of the film was done by the directors of The Lego Movie, who were fired and replaced by Howard quite late on. 

I don't recall dual director credits at the end.

Edited by Ken Aldred

12 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

On the BBC Film Review it was stated that much of the film was done by the directors of The Lego Movie, who were fired and replaced by Howard quite late on. 

I don't recall dual director credits at the end.

His daughter is saying he directed it,so most likely the Lego directors started it and he tried to put his stamp on it. Knowing how good the Lego movies are it looks like a bad call.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bryce-dallas-howards-review-solo-a-star-wars-story-directed-by-dad-ron-howard-a-hell-a-movie-1115043

$84.8 million for Solo's first three days is remarkably bad.

Consider that Justice League did $93.8 million over the same time frame.

I'm in shock -- figured anything Star Wars was bulletproof at least for the first ten days.

I was going to see this next weekend; now, I'm not so sure...

Why?

I wanted a surprising, heist flick -- perhaps even something akin to Serenity.

From the reviews, doesn't sound like that's what we got.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

lol After they dropped that turd of a movie TLJ on us I'm glad they're getting a little payback. 

35 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

@Ken Aldred

Since you saw both of them what one is better Han Solo or Deadpool 2? 

Got invited to the movies tommorrow and the pick will be between these two.

:wishluck:

Deadpool 2 destroys it.  Not even close.

Definitely appeals to a British sense of humour.

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think it will do good. I really think it's movie fatigue. Other than Jurassic Park 2 and Incredibles 2 I don't see much anything else this summer that will bring them into the theatres like Avengers Infinity War,Black Panther and Deadpool 2 did. I think they should have released Han Solo around Thanksgiving/Christmas season.

Exactly what I was thinking but even then not quite sure how much of a boost you would get at Thanksgiving/Christmas time being that seems a lot of people including me just thought the movie was Meh!

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

Exactly what I was thinking but even then not quite sure how much of a boost you would get at Thanksgiving/Christmas time being that seems a lot of people including me just thought the movie was Meh!

Disney needed to make this move as soon as they dumped Lord & Miller, would have distanced themselves another 6 months from the stench that was lingering after that decision

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

If I go see it will be for Emily Clarke. Id like to see more of the Star Wars Mythos, but no sabers is boring for me. Its probably why I don't care for the newer movies.

That and they make Luke got out like a :censored:

No sabers are a deal killer for me too, and I think that's one of the things that soured me on TLJ. No huge saber fight at the end. When Luke confronts Kylo, and then there's a long shot of the two looking like they are about to face off, everyone could feel the fight coming. Then it turned out Luke wasn't really there, he disappeared after a few swings from Kylo, and that's that.

They were killing him off anyway, why not have it be in an epic duel? They bring Luke back, and he doesn't have a lightsaber battle? Lame.