• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: HAN SOLO (5/25/18)

410 posts in this topic

Just saw Solo and it was a very good popcorn flick.  Nothing earth shattering but I’d give it a solid B. 1000x better then the last disaster of a Star Wars flick.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

One of the top 5 worse movies I’ve ever seen at a theater.  Actually hurt to sit thru it to the end.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's a terrible one like yours :cool:

26 minutes ago, drotto said:

Saw this.  This movie is crashing hard.  The Box Office is going to make Justice League look like a gold mine.

god bless if you could sit through 13 minutes of that whiny voice, i made it through 32 seconds

16 hours ago, 1Cool said:

One of the top 5 worse movies I’ve ever seen at a theater.  Actually hurt to sit thru it to the end.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it sucked.

I think one of the problems is we keep getting movies between 3 & 4 without showing us how bad it is in the universe beside Rogue One. Solo felt like it could have been two movies that showed us why he wanted to become the best pilot in the universe and how he achieved it, and a great understanding of the criminal underworld in star wars. Has for the TLJ we have to wait and see how 9 ends up I love all of the risks they took on TLJ do I wish we could have gotten more with some characters yes I do. with this movie, I have told everyone they can wait for the blu-ray release and go watch any other movie.

Enfys Nest was bad azz. I'd love to see more of that character and the story of that group and their efforts. Hell, I wanna do cosplay of the character.

Edited by Vorpal

15 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Honestly who didn't see this coming? Granted this is a bad time to release movies (memorial day weekend has had more misses than hits)...but I think we are seeing the hang-over effect of "The Last Jedi". This is exactly what I and other predicted would happen. TLJ left such a foul taste in so many peoples mouths, it has effectively gutted the Star Wars franchise. Its no long something special you cant miss. That movie turned so many stomachs and set fire to the love for the franchise so many millions had, its not a shock their next big outing is feeling the sting.

It makes people less excited and in love with "Star Wars". I mean, this was actually a good movie but the after effects of that bomb Johnson/KK left on the fans doorstep has just turned so many off its gonna hard to see how this and future SW films recover.

Kennedy said "We don't need you dying old dinosaur fans, i want something new that speaks to my personal views and feelings"....so the old established fans said "I hear you, sorry for giving you my money. Ill avoid your future product."

Well Disney, huzzah here you go. Got what you wanted.

I just wish I was in the room when someone first piped up and said, "You know what we need for this movie?  Some flying Space Leia."  I'd really like to know how that guy wasn't immediately fired.

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
15 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Honestly who didn't see this coming? Granted this is a bad time to release movies (memorial day weekend has had more misses than hits)...but I think we are seeing the hang-over effect of "The Last Jedi". This is exactly what I and other predicted would happen. TLJ left such a foul taste in so many peoples mouths, it has effectively gutted the Star Wars franchise. Its no long something special you cant miss. That movie turned so many stomachs and set fire to the love for the franchise so many millions had, its not a shock their next big outing is feeling the sting.

It makes people less excited and in love with "Star Wars". I mean, this was actually a good movie but the after effects of that bomb Johnson/KK left on the fans doorstep has just turned so many off its gonna hard to see how this and future SW films recover.

Kennedy said "We don't need you dying old dinosaur fans, i want something new that speaks to my personal views and feelings"....so the old established fans said "I hear you, sorry for giving you my money. Ill avoid your future product."

Well Disney, huzzah here you go. Got what you wanted.

I just wish I was in the room when someone first piped up and said, "You know what we need for this movie?  Some flying Space Leia."  I'd really like to know how that guy wasn't immediately fired. 

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/968916/Star-Wars-Solo-FLOP-fan-BOYCOTT-Will-Disney-FIRE-Kathleen-Kennedy-Last-Jedi-box-office

On 6/1/2018 at 4:06 PM, ianh said:

I liked it as it was entertaining but a few things bothered me. 

Hide contents

Really thought Boba Fett would show up. That would have been cool. 

Darth Maul made no sense to me as he would have been dead for some time since he died when Anakin was like 10 years old and this happens 10 years before New Hope. If this has been pointed out my bad didn't read through 17 pages. 

Spoiler

If you're talking about from Phantom Menace, he survived that (and acquired some robot legs) and appeared in Clone Wars and Rebels. IIRC, he finally died in Rebels towards the end of the series, so after this chronologically. I don't remember him being associated with the Crimson Dawn, but I may just be forgetting that.

1 hour ago, Cocomonkey said:
  Hide contents

If you're talking about from Phantom Menace, he survived that (and acquired some robot legs) and appeared in Clone Wars and Rebels. IIRC, he finally died in Rebels towards the end of the series, so after this chronologically. I don't remember him being associated with the Crimson Dawn, but I may just be forgetting that.

Well seeming like this was a setup for a Solo sequel,  there is a very good chance the story will not get told. Unless, it feeds into a different Star Wars story.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, 1Cool said:

I thought Last Jedi had some real flaws..as in almost everything about the movie. While it did great at the box office, it seems to have hurt SOLO really badly. perhaps 2 movies in 6 or so months is just too much? Solo was not a bad movie, but it looks like it may be a box office bust.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:24 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

You know looking at this list,maybe Han Solo might have fared better at the box office if they had released it later in the year than now?

hm

They wanted memorial day weekend. The theatre I went to was packed, but we were also in a beach town and it was rainy, so nothing else to do.