• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: HAN SOLO (5/25/18)

410 posts in this topic

Star Wars: Alden Ehrenreich Will Be Your New Han Solo

hansolo-new-181790.png

According to the NY Post, Han Solo front-runner Alden Ehrenreich, 26, has indeed landed the coveted Star Wars role in Disney and Lucasfilm's upcoming standalone film. The iconic role was originally played by Harrison Ford.

They were told by their Hollywood sources that Ehrenreich, who recently appeared in the Coen Brothers' Hail, Caesar!, has signed on to play Han Solo.

“Alden really impressed Disney and Lucasfilm execs with his screen tests," one of their sources added. "The deal is basically done.”

Since the report came out, several of the trades have verified the casting as well.

The Han Solo standalone film will take place, like Rogue One and the animated series Star Wars Rebels, in the time between Episodes 3 and 4, and will deal with how Han Solo became the smuggler with a roguish grin we met in A New Hope.

I liked him in the movie 'Beautiful Creatures'. But I would have never thought 'Han Solo' at the time.

:applause:

Am I the only Star Wars fan who think a young Han Solo is a joke to make?

These lets show a pop culture icon as a young annoying kid never work out, and usually damage the mystery/fun factor of the character than help it.

Darth Vader *cough, cough*

These lets show a pop culture icon as a young annoying kid never work out, and usually damage the mystery/fun factor of the character than help it.

River Phoenix was great as a young Indiana Jones. Brief but effective. Same for Sean Patrick Thomas who was solid in Ford's signature role.

Robert DeNiro turned in fine work for his young Vito Corleone in The Godfather, Part II.

Those are the only pop culure icons that immediately spring to mind that were recast as with younger actors. But I hear you, they also had supremely talented folks working behind the camera, let's hope that is the case here.

This guy should of been Han :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxTfzgIvSY

He should... he's playing a young Harrison Ford in that film (Age of Adeline).

As much as you want continuity with looks and mannerisms, you don't want an actor "aping" the role and not bringing anything new to it either. I thought Ewan McGregor was guilty of this in the Star Wars Episodes 1-3 trilogy. His role was pretty stale in "The Phatom Menace", before he expanded it in the follow-ups.

Alden Ehrenreich Officially Introduced As The New HAN SOLO; Production Expected To Start Early 2017

alden-ehrenreich-hail-caeser-berlinale-festival-germany.jpg

The secret is officially out: Alden Ehrenreich is your new Han Solo!

Walt Disney Studios officially announced the casting earlier today when they introduced Ehrenreich to a massive audience at Star Wars Celebration Europe. He was then joined on stage by directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller, who hilariously revealed to the crowd that despite auditioning over 3,000 different actors for the role, Ehrenreich was literally the very first person they ever sat down with.

It's still very early, so no fellow cast members or characters were revealed, but one thing we do know is that Han's trusy co-pilot Chewy will definitely be appearing. Ehrenreich shared the news while discussing the extensive casting process: "I read the sides and I loved them. I auditioned for six months. The coolest part was I went on the Falcon for a chemistry test with Chewbacca. It was unbelievable. It was more exciting than nerve-racking.”

Eh...

I think both Sean Patrick Flannery and River Phoenix killed it as young Indiana Jones.

More importantly, I have faith in Lord & Miller.

RUMOR: Alden Ehrenreich Has Signed A Three Picture Deal To Appear As HAN SOLO; A Trilogy In The Works?

It was made official at the Star Wars Celebration that Alden Ehrenreich (“Hail, Caesar!”) would play the young Han Solo in Disney’s upcoming spinoff film. According to a new report by the NY Daily News, the 2018 movie won’t be the last time we see Ehrenreich portray the clever Smuggler.

NY Daily News reports that Disney has quietly signed Ehrenreich, 26, to a three picture deal, which would certainly make sense considering the fact that most actors receive this deal if they’re a part of a big franchise. The report also says that if the first Han Solo film is a success at the box office, two more could be in the works. This information comes from an insider who says Disney has “a real sense of excitement” for the Han Solo spinoff, and that the studio feels as though the character Han Solo could “become a central figure in several movies.”

:o