• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: HAN SOLO (5/25/18)

410 posts in this topic

Now they just need to cast younger Luke and Leia. :baiting:

I think they heard you. At least with one other character so far.

HAN SOLO Movie Reportedly Casting A Young Lando Calrissian

This isn't exactly a surprise, but The Wrap has revealed that Disney and Lucasfilm are looking to cast a younger version of Lando Calrissian for their currently untitled Han Solo movie. Played by Billy Dee Williams in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, speculation about the character showing up here has been running rampant for a long time now, so this confirmation of sorts makes sense.

There have been conflicting reports about this spinoff being the first instalment in a trilogy, but regardless of whether we get three movies or a single instalment from directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, it makes sense that Han Solo will explore the titular character's history with Lando.

This movie shouldn't and doesn't need to be made.
If it's good, it absolutely should be made. If it sucks, then no, it shouldn't have been made. but we won't know for a while.

I hope it is good. I would love to see this possibly pave the road to the Thrawn Trilogy with younger Luke and Leia. A Boba Fett back story movie could be interesting as well. I still want to see Boba disintegrate someone.

Edited by Catwomancomics

If it's good, it absolutely should be made. If it sucks, then no, it shouldn't have been made. but we won't know for a while.

I hope it is good. I would love to see this possibly pave the road to the Thrawn Trilogy with other younger cast members. A Boba Fett back story movie could be interesting as well. I still want to see Boba disintegrate someone.

I hear you guys. I suppose I just don't have a lot of faith in Hollywood at the moment.

Although I've got a feeling Rogue One will be fantastic

Now they just need to cast younger Luke and Leia. :baiting:

I think they heard you. At least with one other character so far.

HAN SOLO Movie Reportedly Casting A Young Lando Calrissian

This isn't exactly a surprise, but The Wrap has revealed that Disney and Lucasfilm are looking to cast a younger version of Lando Calrissian for their currently untitled Han Solo movie. Played by Billy Dee Williams in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, speculation about the character showing up here has been running rampant for a long time now, so this confirmation of sorts makes sense.

There have been conflicting reports about this spinoff being the first instalment in a trilogy, but regardless of whether we get three movies or a single instalment from directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, it makes sense that Han Solo will explore the titular character's history with Lando.

That pretty much confirms Han getting the Falcon from Lando in this film. I think it would be hilarious to see him win by cheating, since Han claims to have won it fair and square in ESB.

I hope it is good. I would love to see this possibly pave the road to the Thrawn Trilogy with other younger cast members. A Boba Fett back story movie could be interesting as well. I still want to see Boba disintegrate someone.

I hear you guys. I suppose I just don't have a lot of faith in Hollywood at the moment.

Its unneeded I agree. Its Disney making a cash grab.

I have no desire to see it. It doesn't add anything to me.

Rogue One does.

Donald Glover may be the top pick to play young Lando Calrissian

It would appear that Donald Glover is the top choice for the role.

Now that's a long way from that casting being a sure thing. There's no guarantee that Glover would jump at the role, and, with Lord and Miller sure to be looking everywhere for the right fit for this particular film, there's no guarantee they won't change their mind if they find someone they think works better for their prequel version of the character. It just means that right now, in a perfect world, for them, Glover would be their guy.

Its unneeded I agree. Its Disney making a cash grab.

I have no desire to see it. It doesn't add anything to me.

Rogue One does.

I agree that Disney is in the cash grab mode, but who can blame them? They spent money to get the rights and they need to get a return on their investment. The more films they make the better the return on investment overall for Disney. Besides, something has to fund the new Star Wars Land at the theme parks :sumo:

Not sure how I feel about other actors especially younger ones taking over "signature" acting roles.

I guess I would have been fine with Chris Pratt taking over Dr. Indy.

But, Harrison put a lot into Han right down to his scowl. This isn't his Jack Ryan character, he took over for.

No one has been able to take Christopher Reeve's Superman (or Clark yet,) Sean's Bond (Craig was close.)

Focus on newer adventures with new characters instead.

In the words of Han, ""I've gotta bad feeling about this."

Not sure how I feel about other actors especially younger ones taking over "signature" acting roles.

But, Harrison put a lot into Han right down to his scowl. This isn't his Jack Ryan character, he took over for.

No one has been able to take Christopher Reeve's Superman (or Clark yet,) Sean's Bond (Craig was close.)

You're more than entitled to your opinion, but i liked Craig just as much as Sean, if not more in some ways. Henry Cavill is a great Superman, and has a FAARRR better body for Superman, and would be just as good as Reeves with better scripts, imho. Edited by Hawkman

You're more than entitled to your opinion, but i liked Craig just as much as Sean, if not more in some ways. Henry Cavill is a great Superman, and has a FAARRR better body for Superman, and would be just as good as Reeves with better scripts, imho.
Also (imho) while I'm at it, wouldn't Solo have to be portrayed as a fairly unlikable pirate, to not blunt his character any worse than the Special Edition Star Wars. If he shows his heart of gold in this one, wouldn't that take away from the first Star Wars plot twist and just give us more of the same?

I'm all for more Star Wars... just not beaten into the ground my favorite characters they will. ;)

I hope it is good. I would love to see this possibly pave the road to the Thrawn Trilogy with younger Luke and Leia. A Boba Fett back story movie could be interesting as well. I still want to see Boba disintegrate someone.

I think we will learn a bit about the nature of Thrawn in the new canon from his appearances in Rebels next season and the new (and now only) Zahn canon book.

I think it's safe to assume that the Thrawn trilogy, at least how we know it, is no longer relevant in the new universe/timeline though I'm eager to see a new take, because it's the only one we are getting.

Thrawn is my fave character in Star Wars so I hope the new Thrawn doesn't disappoint.

Regarding cash grabs, every movie put out with even a marginally large budget is a cash grab. Han Solo or Star Wars is no different than any other movie in that regard, though I will admit given a choice I'd rather not see films including new casting of old characters at the forefront - I don't need a young Han Solo movie, though I'm open for my mind to be changed. I do think Kenobi is a possibility just because Ewan is oddly the correct age and game, but I'm honestly not even really interested in that, I'd rather have new stuff, and The Force Awakens really showed they can introduce new cast really well IMHO.

Minor characters are fine, that new Mon Mothma is chilling, and I actually have a lot of faith in Lucasfilm's castings, I just tend to like new stuff, though I have to admit Rogue One looks pretty amazing. There's been a lot of talk about reshoots and stuff, but everything I've actually seen looks good. There;s a several films I want to see this year, but I think that has to be the top one, so in that respect, I think they've correctly judged demand.

I have started re-watching the original trilogy in preparation far in advance for this film. I have the 2004 Box Set Edition, where Lucas altered certain scenes to take advantage of advances in CGI.

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope is very sharp visually. But things like the Han Solo/Jaba conversation at the Millennium Falcon's launch bay seem out-of-place and distracting (I found out later this was added in the 1997 relaunch). I think by the time I get to the third film, that is where they added Hayden Christensen as the ghost of Luke's father.

:eek:

I need to pick up the unedited versions.