• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star Batman - Snyder & Friends August 2016

144 posts in this topic

Let me say that this is my first Batman read in more than 2 years.. This book was interesting, to say the least. I'm wondering how the relationship dynamic with Alfred is/has changed and if there is something that I missed in my reading that hinted at more than a financial benefit for him.

That Jock Cover is the best of the (regular variant cover) bunch. The best cover, hands down is the Lee Bermejo Cover for Fourth World Comics that's currently available here --

http://fourthworldcomics.bigcartel.com/product/all-star-batman-1-exclusive-variant-cover-by-lee-bermejo-color-and-black-and-white-together

Romita's art actually looks better in this book than it did on his run of SUPERMAN.

Overall, the story was pretty engaging as well as the art and the backup story. Looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds.

Honestly the Bermejo would look better as an oversized print. I think it's impressive, but I don't think it's going to compete in the long run with the Jock red. That cover just pops.
If they put the title on the book and disrupt the art, I agree with this statement. It would make a SICK print. (still buying the comic set, im a sucker)

Honestly the Bermejo would look better as an oversized print. I think it's impressive, but I don't think it's going to compete in the long run with the Jock red. That cover just pops.
If they put the title on the book and disrupt the art, I agree with this statement. It would make a SICK print. (still buying the comic set, im a sucker)

Has anyone seen it in print form? I am very curious if the Rebirth banner is going to cut off Jokers head

Has anyone seen it in print form? I am very curious if the Rebirth banner is going to cut off Jokers head

Of course they would do that

You can see it here with the Rebirth banner.

You can see it here with the Rebirth banner.

Yea, his head it on top of it. You can see actual photos of the book on the bay.

The Batman and Two Face JrJr cover is borderline awful. I am scratching my head that he still gets work let alone gets put on possibly the top title for Rebirth.

Did you read the book? His art on the inside in my opinion is really damn good.

The Batman and Two Face JrJr cover is borderline awful. I am scratching my head that he still gets work let alone gets put on possibly the top title for Rebirth.

I've seen his Superman work. That was all I needed to see.

Haven't seen his superman work but it must be god awful for people to not even be willing to read or look at a Snyder book.

I was going to get a few copies but it seems like they printed a lot and it won't go anywhere. And I think I read something about different artists for each story segment. I'll watch to see who they get as the story and art on this first segment from the preview wasn't that exciting to me.

Haven't seen his superman work but it must be god awful for people to not even be willing to read or look at a Snyder book.

I agree that's pretty short sighted even if the superman art was bad and it was.

I was going to get a few copies but it seems like they printed a lot and it won't go anywhere. And I think I read something about different artists for each story segment. I'll watch to see who they get as the story and art on this first segment from the preview wasn't that exciting to me.

I don't care how many were printed...Snyder/Batman is all you need to know. In a few months All Star Batman will be worth some $$$

Jock variant will be selling well for the forseeable future.

I agree that's pretty short sighted even if the superman art was bad and it was.

I have stopped reading good books in the past because I could not get past his art.

I have stopped reading good books in the past because I could not get past his art.

Danny Miki made his art look good in this, not hall of fame good but damn good. And I don't feel like I'll eat crow for saying that.

Danny Miki made his art look good in this, not hall of fame good but damn good. And I don't feel like I'll eat crow for saying that.

Inkers have been the saviors of sub par artists for decades.