• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

Very functional teaser.  I don’t mean that, at all, as criticism nor really a compliment.  Just more of a statement of fact.

Aimed at the MCU fan / non-comic reader, the teaser says...

Here’s this cool new character you’ve never met.  She is some sort of warrior, she’s powerful, and while she is human she’s coming from outer space.

But also, here are two of your old fan favorite characters.  Nick Fury!  Coulson!  

And the whole thing is set in the 1990s (hello Blockbuster) so that’s why we get young versions of those two.

I think that’s enough for the first tease.  At least for the establishing stuff.  Hopefully next time we get some story, villains and Jude Law.

I would expect this to be another huge hit.

Should set up Kree/Skrull War.

Intriguing to see Nick Fury without the eye patch.

Image result for nick fury autopsy alien captain marvel movie

also Nick Fury and the alien autopsy scene is interesting.

3439891-4.jpg

Jude Law as Mar-Vell

3439895-10.jpg

Skrull

3439885-12.jpg

old friend Coulson is back.

3439889-16.jpg

reminding us it's the 1990s. lol.

3439880-1.jpg

All and all a great first trailer to tease us to want more.

The trailer was fine, I think it did enough for a first one.  So far I'm not convinced about the voice of Brie Larson, doesn't sound quite like it fits just now.  But I'll probably feel different during the movie.

Would have been so awesome to have Agent Coulson as an under-cover Skrull who was killed in the Avengers...then a flash forward to continue that death scene in the Avengers showing Coulson morphing back in to a Skrull after he dies...leading in to Avengers 4: Secret Invasion. 

3 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

Would have been so awesome to have Agent Coulson as an under-cover Skrull who was killed in the Avengers...then a flash forward to continue that death scene in the Avengers showing Coulson morphing back in to a Skrull after he dies...leading in to Avengers 4: Secret Invasion. 

I know they cram a lot into these movies but how could the main thrust of Avengers 4 be the Skrulls?  Don't they need to spend the whole movie beating Thanos, and then maybe have the Skrulls reveal themselves at the end to set up Avengers 5 or something?

I really like Larson, she has a lot of ability as evidenced in The Room.  There is a high probability that Captain Marvel will be a box office success. (Not that I've ever cared how much a movie grosses but I know that means something here). There is also a high probability I'm going to love this movie.  That said, this trailer looked like "made for tv" garbage with nothing memorable at all. Even my daughters were disappointed. Better trailers will come for sure but this was one bland teaser.

I think the main point of this trailer was to highlight the -HERo- statement to everyone. In my opinion she doesn't sound like a Captain, based on the few lines I heard in the trailer. I know a couple of female Air Force pilots and they both have attitude. 

3 hours ago, fett said:

I think the main point of this trailer was to highlight the -HERo- statement to everyone. In my opinion she doesn't sound like a Captain, based on the few lines I heard in the trailer. I know a couple of female Air Force pilots and they both have attitude. 

At the end of the trailer, in her Air Force uniform, "I'm not what you think I am." That was delivered with attitude. Her facial expression and stance in the train station after her crash landing shows she has no worry/fear. Also, that transition from "HER" to "A HERO" wasn't to express "HER", it was just a cool way of saying, "See what makes HER A HERO." Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson have nothing to do with Marvel Studios.

Is the Captain Marvel clip a teaser or a trailer?  Marvel explicitly described it as the "official trailer," but people here in the thread cutting it slack are doing it citing it as a teaser.  As far as I can tell it isn't a teaser, it's the trailer.

I haven't paid much attention to how Marvel releases these until just this moment.  Do they skip using the term "teaser" these days?  Do they always release more than one thing they refer to as a trailer?